BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

2 hours ago, Upside Down said:

I hope you yelled out Judas!

Bit obvious that one, although someone did shout it him at the Blackpool gig a few years back, the rest of the crowd just thought, what a ****.

• 3 weeks later...

Listening to this belter of a compilation that was hiding amongst my albums. 

All the tunes are interspersed with Timothy O'leary style musings between each number.

No idea when or where I got this. I suspect it could have been another one of those £1.50 super dinds from the record exchange. 

Absolutely brilliant. 

20221119_194257.jpg

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Upside Down said:

Listening to this belter of a compilation that was hiding amongst my albums. 

All the tunes are interspersed with Timothy O'leary style musings between each number.

No idea when or where I got this. I suspect it could have been another one of those £1.50 super dinds from the record exchange. 

Absolutely brilliant. 

20221119_194257.jpg

Some great tracks there. First released in the US in 1968 and then over here in 1970. Most, if not all of the tracks are in stereo when a lot of them were originally released as singles in mono. Also, there are some subtle changes to several tracks that are not in the original releases. The guy prattling on between tracks is thought to be Lenny Kaye, best known as a member of the Patti Smith Group. Great find Upside Down.

• Like 2

Yeah that’s a great find. I loved “ The Shangri-Las “ back in the day. There’s a terrific bit of film of them doing “ Give Him A Great Big Kiss “ live on YouTube. Their singles came out here on the “ Red Bird “ label.

The Tommy James version of “ I think We’re Alone Now “ is brilliant. “ Crimson And Clover “ was another top record he did. He was big in America but unfortunately never made much money because the label he was on was run by the Mafia !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

Just bought Richard Hawley tickets at the legendary Leadmill in Sheffield which is under threat of closure by its landlords with the 20yr lease about to expire.

A great venue, with a tremendous history, fingers crossed it survives.

• Like 2

On 25/11/2022 at 15:54, Gav said:

Just bought Richard Hawley tickets at the legendary Leadmill in Sheffield which is under threat of closure by its landlords with the 20yr lease about to expire.

A great venue, with a tremendous history, fingers crossed it survives.

That will be some gig Gav 🍻✊🏻

10 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yes, he’s a very under rated musician.

It’s in a historic venue in his home city as well, which should add to the occasion.

We saw him at the Barrowlands a couple of years ago, he played for about an hour longer than he was supposed to do. Amazing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Can't watch that anymore since someone pissed on my parade and told me it was pre recorded in November.....couldn't believe it🙈

Yes , it makes sense though I suppose, then again it’s full of ‘z-listers’ now anyway, that would turn up to anything on any night I’d wager.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

@oldjamfan1

I've just discovered the Paul Weller Orchestrated song book with the BBC Symphony Orchestra. I'm not a massive Weller fan myself, but love this collaboration.

Yeah it showcases his talent Gav. Not sure about the reworking of Private Hell but he’s earned the right to do wtf he wants. Boy George singing You’re the Best Thing and James Morrison singing Broken Stones alone are worth the price of the CD.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...