BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

16 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Nah, solid colours. I don’t think they did a pin stripe mohair.  I did have a really nice pin stripe blazer at the time though. It was a bit “ Small Faces “ style

I think I know what you mean by that. 

I wish I'd have gone for pinstripes now but I bottled it and went for black. 

Also, when I get that time machine fired up I'll let myself know that getting measure for a suit when you're 20 and weigh about 70kg isn't great forward planning.

Thankfully my choices in guitars were more insightful. 

55 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

I think I know what you mean by that. 

I wish I'd have gone for pinstripes now but I bottled it and went for black. 

Also, when I get that time machine fired up I'll let myself know that getting measure for a suit when you're 20 and weigh about 70kg isn't great forward planning.

Thankfully my choices in guitars were more insightful. 

My last suit was a dark navy blue with a fine green pin stripe. Nice but I never wear it now. It’s in the wardrobe along with my forty silk ties.  Off the peg, not made to measure, it’s not the same.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The one he wrote with Noel Gallagher (called Jumble Queen) is an absolute banger!

Not sure about Soul Wanderings but the other slow new one, Nothing, sounds lovely. 

I have also heard three others from ‘66’ played acoustically at a charity show in December. There’s one called Ship of Fools, a co-write with Suggs, that sounds amazing.

Im glad he dropped Town Called Malice from the set last night.

Highlight for me was a song called Rockets from the On Sunset album. Nailed it! Also, as a mod I was delighted when his bass player came up to me before the gig in the Drummers Arms and asked me about the top I was wearing 😎😉✊🏻🍻

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The one he wrote with Noel Gallagher (called Jumble Queen) is an absolute banger!

Not sure about Soul Wanderings but the other slow new one, Nothing, sounds lovely. 

I have also heard three others from ‘66’ played acoustically at a charity show in December. There’s one called Ship of Fools, a co-write with Suggs, that sounds amazing.

Highlight for me was a song called Rockets from the On Sunset album. Nailed it! Also, as a mod I was delighted when his bass player came up to me before the gig in the Drummers Arms and asked me about the top I was wearing 😎😉✊🏻🍻

What top was that?

Were you rocking a nice pair of Bruno Maglis?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I see he was playing a “ Burns “ bass.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Upside Down said:

What top was that?

Were you rocking a nice pair of Bruno Maglis?

It was the same style top that John Lennon wore in the ‘Help’ video. 

I had my trusty Adidas Japan trainers on mate, Bruno Maglis too good for gigs 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

It was the same style top that John Lennon wore in the ‘Help’ video. 

I had my trusty Adidas Japan trainers on mate, Bruno Maglis too good for gigs 😉

Not into them Japan ones tbh. Spezials or Munchens for me. I'm also partial to diadora, maybe because I grew up in the 90s.

They had some proper nice clobber in the mid 60s. The tunes weren't bad either.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

On 18/04/2024 at 10:56, Upside Down said:

Not into them Japan ones tbh. Spezials or Munchens for me. I'm also partial to diadora, maybe because I grew up in the 90s.

People wear trainers for everything now. I remember getting my first pair in about 1966. Light Blue “ Adidas “ leather ones , I can’t recall the name. I must have been the first in Rochdale. I had to order them specially from our local sports shop. Pre season we’d been training on our local pitch and we went to the pub after for a shandy. I didn’t bother taking them off and when we walked into the pub it was like I had two heads ! All the old blokes were staring at them and muttering into their pints of mild.

Remember when you could actually ask a shop owner to order something for you and they would ? 

I was looking through some of my mums old photos the other day and I came across one I’d had taken by one of those freelance photographs that lurked around main streets in the day and pubs at night. They’d take your photo for a small fee, take your name and address, and post the photo on to you later.

Oliver Reed plays one in the film “ The System “ which is all about similar guys at a seaside resort. It’s on YouTube if you ever have a spare 90 minutes.

I’d be about 19, I think I’d just been for an interview, and I was wearing my Sunday Best. Navy blue 3 button mohair suit, a sort of paisley tie and a light blue silk pocket hanky. Made to measure at “ Mr Senior “. Everybody my age dressed like that then. Casual clothes were only just emerging on the scene. You’d wear a suit to go to the football !

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

On 18/04/2024 at 10:56, Upside Down said:

I remember buying a pair of diadora 'explorer' trainers from Gibsons sports in Blackburn back in mid 80's. Illuminous green 😁, just googled them, can't find any pics.

Just been reading ..the new city indoor stadium._arena. 

25 to park

9 a pint 

11 for a burger 

Two words.. f that

Mind you one of my faves are on at the appollo  ... black crowds.

I ain't paying 80 quid for them either.

Edited by ABBEY

8 hours ago, ABBEY said:

Just been reading ..the new city indoor stadium._arena. 

25 to park

9 a pint 

11 for a burger 

Two words.. f that

Mind you one of my faves are on at the appollo  ... black crowds.

I ain't paying 80 quid for them either.

Just go to a park and ride and take the tram there - your ticket gives you a free ride. And no one has to eat and drink in an arena and high prices can’t be a surprise - they’re high everywhere.