BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Music/gigs

Brilliant album @Upside Down and a great time for the country.

Richard seemed to struggle with the limelight, he's like Liam Gallagher with more attitude if that is possible, which tells its own story!

Looking forward to this coming out tomorrow:

img_8184-1.thumb.jpg.75f50ea87088bda0fa193fb3ec755e37.jpg

Edited by Gav
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Gav said:

Brilliant album @Upside Down and a great time for the country.

Richard seemed to struggle with the limelight, he's like Liam Gallagher with more attitude if that is possible, which tells its own story!

Looking forward to this coming out tomorrow:

img_8184-1.thumb.jpg.75f50ea87088bda0fa193fb3ec755e37.jpg

Yeah I heard one of the tunes they put out.

It sounds exactly like you'd expect a record made by Liam Gallagher and John Squire to sound.

• Like 1

Just had my first listen to Squire/Gallagher album, first impression is, not great to be honest, aside from ‘Mars to Liverpool’ which is a banger.

Liams voice is excellent and Squires guitar playing is superb, sounds of Blues, Hendrix, Beatles and The Byrds, but I’m not sure the package is anything to write home about, when it should be. 

Come back in 2wks time and I’ll love it I’m sure 🫣

Edited by Gav
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2023 at 10:20, Upside Down said:

You mean like this?

20190427_154958.thumb.jpg.637445b989eb525081a35bbc078c2c0c.jpg

I was in Waterstones book shop in Manchester yesterday. I noticed a coffee table size book on the subject of “ Rickenbacker “ guitars. It was still in the cellophane rapping so I can’t review it but it was a weighty tome.

” Rickenbacker ,Pioneers of the electric guitar “ . The definitive history of a 20th century icon.

By Martin Kelly and Paul Kelly.

There was as a similar book regarding “ RSG “. If you have to ask - the book isn’t for you. This one I did get a look through and it’s excellent - £40 though.

Incidentally on my way from Waterstones to the Royal Exchange John Buckley and his wag walked past me.

” A Taste Of Honey “ at the Royal Exchange was OK but not a “ must see “.

• Like 1

Not a gig as such but Bradley Wiggins has a programme about Mod culture on Sky Arts tonight at 10-30.

It was quite interesting examination of what it meant/means to be a Mod.He finished with a short interview with Paul Weller that got a bit sticky at times.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not a gig as such but Bradley Wiggins has a programme about Mod culture on Sky Arts tonight at 10-30.

It was quite interesting examination of what it meant/means to be a Mod.He finished with a short interview with Paul Weller that got a bit sticky at times.

The last time I saw Bradley Wiggins he was the very antithesis of what a Mod ought to look like.

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The last time I saw Bradley Wiggins he was the very antithesis of what a Mod ought to look like.

3 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

He’s got a very nice line in suits. It reminded me of my hand made mohair suit days.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
45 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So it was more of a skinhead and skrewdriver t-shirt then?

Haha, I know that he’s fairly heavily tattooed these days, so maybe that’s what OJF is alluding to?

(Though granted, I’m not sure what the mod stance is on tattoos in fairness).

50 minutes ago, Upside Down said:

So it was more of a skinhead and skrewdriver t-shirt then?

The National Fronts poster boys if memory serves me correctly?

Edited by Gav

This was the photo I was thinking of. He did all the mod designer gear a few years back and without having watched the programme that Tyrone referred to, I hope he explained that 'being a mod' is about more than just clothes and music. And @K-Hod I've been a bald mod for 40 years matey :)

Bradley Wiggins.jpg

• Moderation Lead
1 minute ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This was the photo I was thinking of. He did all the mod designer gear a few years back and without having watched the programme that Tyrone referred to, I hope he explained that 'being a mod' is about more than just clothes and music. And @K-Hod I've been a bald mod for 40 years matey 🙂

Bradley Wiggins.jpg

Bald and proud, over here too! 🤝.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Bald and proud, over here too! 🤝.

All joking aside I remember a few years back Paul Weller (while he was still a heavy drinker)making some snidey comment about it being impossible to be a bald mod. I thought to myself "Have you taken a look at your audience lately you silly cunt. Don't bite the hand that feeds".

Thankfully he's a much nicer man now he's sober.

It was a strange programme. At one point he had a “ mod-ish “ haircut and at another point he had flowing locks a la Tim Sherwood. 

I used to get my suits made by “ Mr Senior “ in Rochdale. A great tailor. When the postcard dropped through the letter box telling me to go for another fitting  my mum would go mad - “ not another bloody suit, I don’t know where you get your money from ! “ I always had two pairs of trousers made with the jackets, the lightweight cloth wore out between the legs easily. I’m not bragging.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This was the photo I was thinking of. He did all the mod designer gear a few years back and without having watched the programme that Tyrone referred to, I hope he explained that 'being a mod' is about more than just clothes and music. And @K-Hod I've been a bald mod for 40 years matey 🙂

Bradley Wiggins.jpg

What a scruffy cunt. Looks like the kind of guy that asks you if you can lend him 20p for the 'bus'.

I suppose a lifetime of steroids will do that to you though.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It was a strange programme. At one point he had a “ mod-ish “ haircut and at another point he had flowing locks a la Tim Sherwood. 

I used to get my suits made by “ Mr Senior “ in Rochdale. A great tailor. When the postcard dropped through the letter box telling me to go for another fitting  my mum would go mad - “ not another bloody suit, I don’t know where you get your money from ! “ I always had two pairs of trousers made with the jackets, the lightweight cloth wore out between the legs easily. I’m not bragging.

Big thighs mate? 😬😉😂