BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nou Camp

I'm visiting Barcelona at the start of April I want to go and have a look at the Nou Camp (Camp Nou whilst I am there obviously...) and I wondered if there is anything for visitors to do? I'd quite like to get in and have a look around if possible, but I don't wanna spend ages on a stadium tour.

You have to do the stadium tour and the museum. It doesn't take that long but its very worthwhile. Outside of that there's a large club shop and you can wander around the grounds and see La Masia (obviously you can't go in).

Oh, and it's Camp Nou all the time, no matter where you are :P

You have to do the stadium tour and the museum. It doesn't take that long but its very worthwhile. Outside of that there's a large club shop and you can wander around the grounds and see La Masia (obviously you can't go in).

Oh, and it's Camp Nou all the time, no matter where you are :P

Can you remember how long it took roughly? Not there for very long and we've got a lot to see.

Ozz...you don't look very thrilled to be there in that photo...

Does the stadium not look smaller from the outside because much of it, including the pitch, is beneath ground level?

I stood in the technical areas next to the pitch and it seemed a little smaller. But yea for such a large ground, you can't really see much of it as you approach, which, I postulate , is due to its semi subterranean configuration, as you rightly say.

LeChuck-It was my honeymoon-whadda yer expect, smiles?

Can you remember how long it took roughly? Not there for very long and we've got a lot to see.

Ozz...you don't look very thrilled to be there in that photo...

I've done it 3 times now, last in 2009 and it took about an hour, hour-and-a-half max. Then you're free to wander through the museum at your own pace, and of course it all ends up in the club shop!

It's been an excellent tour every time I've done it, and the route has always been slightly different due to either pitch relaying or refurbishment elsewhere.

If you get chance it's definitely worth taking in a game too!

LeChuck-It was my honeymoon-whadda yer expect, smiles?

Oh Dear....

I applaud you for your bravery.

Suffice to say that if I had taken time out to visit a football stadium on my honeymoon, I would have been given the "cold stare of death and subsequent silent treatment" that somehow only wives and girlfriends are capable of pulling off to maximum effect, and to which being hung, drawn, quartered, sliced and diced somehow seems preferable.

Kudos to you my man !

:tu:

I went in 2008,took the girlfriend who wasn't too keen. By the end of it she was buying herself a Barca top ;) I also bought one and it has to be one of the comfiest football tops I have ever had.

Really worthwhile going, the stadium seems tiny when you are outside but in reality it is massive. The walk also doesn't take too long and the guides are very informative. As said also you can take as long as you want in the museum and shop.

I also bumped into Messi and Alves who where coming out of the car park. I think they had a match that night, it was late September. Pity I didn't take enough cash to buy a ticket, would have loved to catch the game.

Go to a game. I was there a few years ago and purchased a couple of tickets for a league match against Mercia.

There was over 40,000 in the ground and it looked empty.

Tickets were easily purchased at certain atm's at the banks if my memory serves me correctly. Great stadium.

Oh Dear....

I applaud you for your bravery.

Suffice to say that if I had taken time out to visit a football stadium on my honeymoon, I would have been given the "cold stare of death and subsequent silent treatment" that somehow only wives and girlfriends are capable of pulling off to maximum effect, and to which being hung, drawn, quartered, sliced and diced somehow seems preferable.

Kudos to you my man !

:tu:

We went to watch Rovers in Hong Kong on our honeymoon :tu:

i went into the mestia, valencia about 15 years ago, bit of a ######-tip inside, newspaper pages all over the place, the seats were wooden benches but boy is it big, from the very top a very long way down, we just asked the guy who was maintaining the stadium and he pointed for us to just walk in.

I did the nou camp tour as a kid, remember it being huge but not quite as big the hockey (I think?) trophies in the museum.

As i'm currently sat in a hotel about 200yrds from the place I will be paying it another visit in the next couple of days. Sadly there are no games on while i'm here - they play the day after I leave :-(

Archived