BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Best 11

Sorry mods for opening a new thread but there was no other thread I could think of putting this. Opinions please I can't help but wonder if SK had done things differently and played our better players when it really mattered could the results have been different. For instance I think a better manager at the helm would've gone more attacking for the Barcodes Home, Villa Home, Trotters Away e.g.

Robbo

Salgado Givet Dann Martin Olsson

Vucevic N'Zonzi Mgp Marcus Olsson

Hoilett

Yakubu

subs: Bunn, Modeste, Lowe, Rochina, Henley, Hanley & Goodwillie

I believe even though we lost the likes of Nelsen, Samba, etc... we have had more than enough experience with the likes of Vucevic, Salgado, Givet to have been nowhere near where we are now. After all those 3 alone have good champs lge experience. If coco were to just swallow his pride and play them regardless we would be much higher up the league. Looking back Vucevic started a fair few games he actually played quite well putting in many dangerous crosses and his all round game was very good. I do also believe when you have the likes of Yakubu, Hoilett, Vucevic, Salgado,Givet coupled with very exciting youngsters Rochina, Hanley, Henley & Dann if properly managed by someone who knows what they are doing this team should never have been put in this situation. If rumours are true about doing everything on the cheap the owners are a disgrace and should never have bought the club in the first place. What does everyone think surely that team would have beaten Bolton opinions please.

Sorry mods for opening a new thread but there was no other thread I could think of putting this. Opinions please I can't help but wonder if SK had done things differently and played our better players when it really mattered could the results have been different. For instance I think a better manager at the helm would've gone more attacking for the Barcodes Home, Villa Home, Trotters Away e.g.

Robbo

Salgado Givet Dann Martin Olsson

Vucevic N'Zonzi Mgp Marcus Olsson

Hoilett

Yakubu

subs: Bunn, Modeste, Lowe, Rochina, Henley, Hanley & Goodwillie

I believe even though we lost the likes of Nelsen, Samba, etc... we have had more than enough experience with the likes of Vucevic, Salgado, Givet to have been nowhere near where we are now. After all those 3 alone have good champs lge experience. If coco were to just swallow his pride and play them regardless we would be much higher up the league. Looking back Vucevic started a fair few games he actually played quite well putting in many dangerous crosses and his all round game was very good. I do also believe when you have the likes of Yakubu, Hoilett, Vucevic, Salgado,Givet coupled with very exciting youngsters Rochina, Hanley, Henley & Dann if properly managed by someone who knows what they are doing this team should never have been put in this situation. If rumours are true about doing everything on the cheap the owners are a disgrace and should never have bought the club in the first place. What does everyone think surely that team would have beaten Bolton opinions please.

That team is why we're in the bottom three, nowhere near strong enough to stay in this league.

Salgado, 36 years old full back , enough said.

Dann, Never settled at Ewood and no doubt will be off ASAP.

Martin Ollsen, Championship full back, Premier League attacking midfielder.

Vucevic, never actually seen him play. Is he any better than Rochina, Formica ? If you rolled all three of them into one you might have a good player.

Nzonzi, Not interested any more, probably got his move sorted already.

Pedersen, If you'd have told me he was going to be a regular in central midfield all season last August I would have told you we'd be relegated.

Marcus Ollsen, Out of his depth at this level.

It's the midfield that will get us relegated, weak as ###### and has been all season. Not one player in midfield has been any better than poor all season.

By the way Hanley is out whilst next August.

I still believe that even with the asset stripping, the team is strong enough of staying in the top-flight, for the sheer reason that the competition this year has been abysmal. Kean has no authority or tactical nous in his spud-like head to keep us afloat. That's the skinny of it.

I still believe that even with the asset stripping, the team is strong enough of staying in the top-flight, for the sheer reason that the competition this year has been abysmal. Kean has no authority or tactical nous in his spud-like head to keep us afloat. That's the skinny of it.

Can't agree. That's a weak team, Even Hughesy would have struggled to keep that lot up. You see teams today playing with two midfield anchormen, we haven't even got one worthy of pulling on the shirt.

Can't agree. That's a weak team, Even Hughesy would have struggled to keep that lot up. You see teams today playing with two midfield anchormen, we haven't even got one worthy of pulling on the shirt.

We know Robbo, Givet, Dann, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Hoilett & Yakubu can all play at this level. How many of those players would have a new lease of life under a REAL manager?

Agree there to a certain degree, the squad has some stand out players but some major holes as well, overall the squad is lacking four factors that had major league risk factors involved.. namely no outfield leader, a major lack of a hard working holding midfielder, back backup at right and left back and limited experience to say the least.

Personally I am of the opinion that we destroyed ourselves through a four fold process in the summer/jan windows:

1) Kean dumped most experienced players

2) Marginalised the rest of the experienced lads

3) Spent on areas we already had strength.. The Yak I can understand he was a gamble that paid off... but why Simon (we already had jnr, Rochina, formica etc), Petrovic (with his limited experience in a vital position) and Dann (Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Hanley etc)?

4) Spent on youth the season after we almost got relegated, when experience was bound to be needed

Brfcrule1 As for our best 11.. IMO Formica has had a better season than MGP, Nzonzi and Marcus Olsson yet you missed him out and Salgado simply does not have the legs for a full 90mins (but would benefit the dressing room and steady the team). Dunn you missed out also, still blackburn through and through should at least be on the bench..

So I would go for a team along the lines of:

GK Robinson

LB Martin Olsson (not his best position IMO)

CB Givet (cpt)

CB Hanley

RB Salgado/Orr

LM Formica (works hard and not out of position, MGP as backup)

CM Lowe

CM Nzonzi

RM Simon (works hard and not out of position)

SS Jnr (with Rochina as backup)

ST Yak

Overall that 11 still lacks some essentials, like a good right back who still has the legs, a left back who can play defensive football and a defensive midfielder or any midfielder with authority/tenacity/leadership.

Sad thing for me is the young lads we have coming through and should be progressing would be better playing in their own positions, Nzonzi is never a holding midfielder, Lowe is always out of position (RB, CM, DM, RM and now guess his proper position), Rochina for me is more a RVP (maybe cesc but who knows he is always stuck on the wing) kind of player who needs allot of pointers, jnr is bounced from one role to the next, Petrovic played out of his normal position (based on his historic position under kean he has never played the role he is used to), Formica has not really had a defined position he did well in one role and now gets moved around etc etc..

We know Robbo, Givet, Dann, Pedersen, Nzonzi, Hoilett & Yakubu can all play at this level. How many of those players would have a new lease of life under a REAL manager?

How many of those players would get a game for another prem team??

Robbo, Nzonzi, Hoilett and Yakubu.

That's 4 players out of our entire squad. The rest would struggle to get on a reasonable team's sub's bench.

With a decent manager we stood a chance but with a novice in charge we were never in good shape. If you add Jermaine and Phil Jones to our squad then you have a team that could stay up. Not replacing those two has sent us down. For all the good work that Yakubu has done, the failures of Petrovic and Dann have cost us so much. If we had sold Phil Jones and then spent our finances purely on Yakubu and Jermaine Jones, I reckon we'd be 7/8 points better off.

Don't think Pedersen can, I have my doubts about Dann. That's 5 players that are capable, I'd say 6 if you play Martin Ollsen in midfield. You need about 15 players of that standard in reality.

How many of those players would get a game for another prem team??

Robbo, Nzonzi, Hoilett and Yakubu.

That's 4 players out of our entire squad. The rest would struggle to get on a reasonable team's sub's bench.

With a decent manager we stood a chance but with a novice in charge we were never in good shape. If you add Jermaine and Phil Jones to our squad then you have a team that could stay up. Not replacing those two has sent us down. For all the good work that Yakubu has done, the failures of Petrovic and Dann have cost us so much. If we had sold Phil Jones and then spent our finances purely on Yakubu and Jermaine Jones, I reckon we'd be 7/8 points better off.

I don't think we needed to 'replace' Phil Jones, personally we had the strength there and just needed to invest wisely.. signing another center back was utter stupidity (Givet, Hanley, Samba, Nelsen etc).. not replacing JJ was suicide, for before him was dire but when he settled we looked a half decent side and would of been a pretty good one with the Yak as well, still weak in certain positions (RB/LB) but we would of had the money to sort those as well.

GK: Robbo

RB: Orr

CB: Hanley

CB: Givet

LB: Henley

RM: Hoilett

CM: N'zonzi

CM: Pedersen

LM: Martin Olsson

CF: Dunn,Formica,Rochina,Simon,Goodwillie,Me

ST: Yak

Think we have looked much more of a threat is the past with the pace of Olsson and Hoilett on the wings, but If I had a choice so many of the starters there would be subs at best.

The frustrating thing for me is, on the last day of last season we looked like we could have had a decent side for this season with a real manager & couple of strong signings, imagine keeping the Jones's & Samba, and adding the Yak and possibilly a new right back, this could have been our match day 18 - GK - Robbo RB - new signing CB - Samba CB - P.Jones LB - Givet RM - Emerton - CM - J.Jones CM - N'Zonzi LM - Martin CF - Hoillet CF - Yakubu subs - Bunn, Salgado, Nelson, Pederson, Dunn, Roberts, Formica. Depressing.

Can't agree. That's a weak team, Even Hughesy would have struggled to keep that lot up.

We're four points from safety with the worst manager in our PL history. You don't think Hughes could improve on that?

Archived