BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

David Badtodger

Rovers_Dan

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's still about as useful as a used condom.

Nice! He was really poor last season and i was among his biggest critics. But this might be his level. Holloway was keen on him and he has a knack for decent signings. He might just find his feet this season. My main problem is he can't play the lone striker role and i'm pretty sure thats how we'll set up.

Ignoring the extra 4! 4-4-2 is old hat. I think we're actually quite right to play 4-5-1 because it should be flexible. However, Kean manages to make it utterly rigid and useless. I'll never forget playing Spurs needing the 3 points, watching 10 men sit in our own hlf for 90 mins and then listen to Kean say how we tried to play on the front foot and keep two men up top!!! We have enough attack minded midfield players here we should be comfortable getting runners up to support a lone striker. But i'll be amazed if we do and manage to keep it tight at the back. My only hope of any improvement on this front is Etuhu. He might just give a little protection to our fragile back line. Maybe.

Ignoring the extra 4! 4-4-2 is old hat. I think we're actually quite right to play 4-5-1 because it should be flexible. However, Kean manages to make it utterly rigid and useless. I'll never forget playing Spurs needing the 3 points, watching 10 men sit in our own hlf for 90 mins and then listen to Kean say how we tried to play on the front foot and keep two men up top!!! We have enough attack minded midfield players here we should be comfortable getting runners up to support a lone striker. But i'll be amazed if we do and manage to keep it tight at the back. My only hope of any improvement on this front is Etuhu. He might just give a little protection to our fragile back line. Maybe.

I got the impression that was going to use a 4-4-2 this season, but with Best suffering an injury that will keep him out for most if not all the season that remains to be seen.

I remember that we didn't even have one shot all 90mins. We had five in midfield yet even Spurs average players walked through looking like Maradona in his prime.

I had stored that little statistic in a file marked 'bury deep in my psyche'! Possibly the worst performance i've seen in my lifetime. And i'm not just talking Rovers!

But i standby the fact 4-5-1 is the way forward. It just needs well rehearsed drills for certain personnel to sit when required, break when required and press when required. Martin O'Neill is an expert in this field. Kean is a cowpat.

I got the impression that was going to use a 4-4-2 this season, but with Best suffering an injury that will keep him out for most if not all the season that remains to be seen.

I think Best was considered our outlet. Gomes behind him with Murphy and now Etuhu (but could have been someone else) sat behind him. Then two wide players, from Vuckevic, Rochina, Nunes, Kazim-Richards.

To be quite honest, i had my doubts about Best's ability to do that lone striker job. I saw bits and pieces of him as a youngster at Southampton and he didn't strike me as a target man. But he isn't small and perhaps his game may have adapted. But all i know is he was considered a very good goal scorer at Southampton.

Who is this David Badtodger ? I've typed his name into Wikipaedia and nothing comes up. Anyhow I hope he's a good player because can you imagine the reaction from the media when Rovers have David Badtodger and David Goodwillie as partners up front ? The club's seen as a joke already but having two players with those names in the same team will make us a laughing stock in the game.

• 3 weeks later...

This, i'd be fuming if we loaned anyone to those incestual pigbummers

I would hope he went there and got fit and did well, would show Kean up for what he is!!

And if he did that, Kean would get even more grief from Rovers supporters!!

I would hope he went there and got fit and did well, would show Kean up for what he is!!

And if he did that, Kean would get even more grief from Rovers supporters!!

Gets enough grief already, hasnt had a blind bit of effect on him. He's like a parasite and feeds of all the negative vibes the fans throw out. Then he gets adored by the media because he's so mentally strong. Then we get portrayed as the villains.

I would rather Goodwillie flop at Burnley if it means Burnley do bad.

Archived