BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] kindle

just got a kindle , and i'll be honest i'm not a big fan of reading but i'm going on holiday soon and i just wanted some suggestions for any good sporting books football preferably but anything by some sportsman with character i'll enjoy and call me a tight arse but the cheaper the better

There's a lot of kindle books available free, AJW. If you google "Kindle - Free Books" or something similar a whole lot of stuff comes up. Haven't delved into it yet but intend to as soon as I get my Kindle.

Mick Rathbones book is ok and available on kindle.

You could also read the biography of Sir Tom Finney for not much, however a fair % is likely to go to PNE Paul, as he wrote it.

Not sure if available on kindle, but Penguins Stopped play by Harry Thompson is a brilliantly funny cricket book too.

Can anyone shed any light on how to share books between two Kindles? I'm told it's possible but can't find much on the Amazon website and Google doesn't reveal much. I think there's a need to share the Amazon account and the sharing is within the family this isn't an issue.

Can anyone shed any light on how to share books between two Kindles? I'm told it's possible but can't find much on the Amazon website and Google doesn't reveal much. I think there's a need to share the Amazon account and the sharing is within the family this isn't an issue.

I don't think you can share at the moment but I heard that they are working on a facility for you to "lend" somebody a book for a week. Apparantly it disappears from your Kindle for the period of the loan. I've never seen it confirmed though.

You can have multiple devices attached to one account. If you go onto your account on Amazon, then Manage your Kindle, then Manage your Devices, you can add new ones there.

However if each Kindle is already registered to a separate account then you might need to de-register and change.

You can also import the .mobi or .prc files directly onto your Kindle using the USB cable, which is how you'd do it if you'd got your books from someone other than Amazon (*ahem!*)

Thanks cn. I had wondered if that would work. My wife has a Kindle and my son in Manchester wants one for his birthday. Just want him to be able to access books his mother has already paid for.

I ordered a second one yesterday but took the "gift" option which means Amazon don't automatically link it to an email address. I shall have a play around this evening and add it to Mrs P's account.

Cheers

You can have multiple devices attached to one account. If you go onto your account on Amazon, then Manage your Kindle, then Manage your Devices, you can add new ones there.

Very simple and works

Very simple and works

One other thing to keep in mind if the one reading it after you uses multiple devices (Kindle, iPad, phone, etc). You'll want to log in after one person finishes on your amazon account and "clear furthest page read" otherwise it'll always suggest going to farthest read at end of book.

I probably wouldn't suggest reading same book at same time either due to the same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

Its not out yet but I've just noticed on amazon Chris Sutton has an autobiography coming out soon, could be interesting, he might have a dull demeanor but he has been involved in a few little controversy's that could make interesting reading.

It's been out in paperback for a while. I read it a while ago and it was pretty dire. It's rare I come away from an autobiography thinking worse of the person, but this was one occurrence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm glad someone bought this up I am in the process of buying a kindle along with the official Rovers Kindle skin first off can someone please advise if there are any rovers ebooks out there I have not found any on amazon I have seen on vital that someone has a rovers e-book on another search engine does anyone know if there are any more Rovers e-books available?. Also how easy is it to put the skin on? I recently bought the laptop skin and struggled to put the skin on as there were loads of air bubbles & had to pick up another skin & someone else put it on if I have the same problem with the rovers kindle skin does anyone know if either Currys or pc world can put the skin on I would be extremely grateful if someone on here can offer me any tips thanks.

just got a kindle , and i'll be honest i'm not a big fan of reading but i'm going on holiday soon and i just wanted some suggestions for any good sporting books football preferably but anything by some sportsman with character i'll enjoy and call me a tight arse but the cheaper the better

I'm half way through Zlatan Ibrahimovich's on my kindle.....great read even if you aren't a fan of the player......really interesting reading about his youth career, Ajax, Juventus the Swedish national team and the first chapter about Barca/Guardiola....only half way through like I said tho....a little bit arrogant but he was a way with words. same as his interviews..... definitely recommend it.

Cant believe the price of the basic kindle has been slashed by £20 and a new version of the basic kindle is coming out with a back-lit screen, only 6 weeks since i bought mine, so frustrating when things like this happen whilst money is tight.

p.s. im currently getting into the original James Bond books, really good light reads.

Archived