BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Why did cryer back off?

Oh Peter White will be turning in his grave(as well as Uncle Jack)

After rescuing us from oblivion and loving that 15 year period,we are now heading back.....and much quicker than 66 to 71.LT cannot help us cos there is no real sense of the real background and historical context.

It wasn't a 'wishy washy' headline, it was a front page editorial saying he must go.

Big deal. That's all it was. Not once did he ever attempt to ask questions that mattered. This is what happens when a non-rovers fan is reproting on Rovers. As Abbey says he's back in the brainwashd camp where Kean gets another chance. Hence I never read the LT website anymore

Tis just the way it is for a local paper today.

Cryer will be guided by two things- needing access to the club and advertising revenue from it.

I'm afraid a sustained attack on Kean and others would not be permitted by his bosses, particulary as that front page achieved feck all.

Doesn't help the readers (and fans) but there you go.

Many of you wont remember Bob Lord the Burnley Chairman of latter years, banned a number of Journos from Turf Moor due to certain articles they published!!

Or in recent years you will recall SAF never allowing interviews from the BBC, Michael Phelan did all the BBC interviews!!

Does anyone actually still buy the paper? Last time I saw one it was wafer thin with nothing worth reading in it but it cost 50% more than a national paper

did you read the article in Monday's LT about an arrest warrant being issued for some Polish sounding gentleman for "....having sex with a horse."!?

How can this be? Was the horse male or female, and who was on top?

Everyone should support and buy their local newspaper. They are struggling terribly in this recession because of the collapse in jobs / property / car ads and competition from the internet. Local newspapers used to be the eyes and ears of the people, keeping watch on local politicians and for other skulduggery. Towns that have lost their local newspapers are much poorer for it and it will be a great blow for democracy if / when they finally disappear.

With regards to Cryer, any football reporter worth his salt has had rows with clubs and should regard any ban from the club as a badge of honour. The LET took a pretty soft line on Kean and venky's throughout last season I thought and only produced that front-page piece in response to widespread protests at Ewood. A hard-hitting concerted campaign would help to bring back readers.

I don't get the stick the LT gets. It's primary job is to report news - not to voice an opinion.

The only time they can do that is in the comments section and in Cryer's personal articles which, to be fair, have often been critical of the regime.

I think the LET stuck their neck in a way that is unprecedented. I certainly don't remember them ever having a front page telling the manager to walk.

It was ignored, they were ignored, not much point in them flogging a dead horse.

They need Rovers more than they need them.

I think the LET stuck their neck in a way that is unprecedented. I certainly don't remember them ever having a front page telling the manager to walk.

It was ignored, they were ignored, not much point in them flogging a dead horse.

They need Rovers more than they need them.

Can't help but consider what Peter White would have done in this situation. I doubt he would have rolled over. However, back in the Pre- Premier League days, the LT readership were a lot more important to the owners and their choice of manager than under Venkys.

It would have been an interesting dynamic though White v Kean. Somehow I doubt Kean would have won and I reckon we'd have had a lot bigger numbers on the marches.

In some ways then LT's coverage has contributed to dividing the fans by constantly printing Kean's BS or a trying to "remain neutral" ie take the club's side.

Can't help but consider what Peter White would have done in this situation. I doubt he would have rolled over. However, back in the Pre- Premier League days, the LT readership were a lot more important to the owners and their choice of manager than under Venkys.

It would have been an interesting dynamic though White v Kean. Somehow I doubt Kean would have won and I reckon we'd have had a lot bigger numbers on the marches.

In some ways then LT's coverage has contributed to dividing the fans by constantly printing Kean's BS or a trying to "remain neutral" ie take the club's side.

The power of money, endemic in football

If Singh really is Rovers' PR guru with a flash title we can probably already guess what he will say. I hope the LT are covering the event so it can be impartially documented and publish to the wider fan base.

So when they are 'netural' they take the clubs side but when they are 'impartial' they don't.

:blink:

So when they are 'netural' they take the clubs side but when they are 'impartial' they don't.

:blink:

One was behaviour from last season the other is a hope as to how they will behave next Saturday.

Provided the right questions are asked and answered, the LT shouldn't be able to favour the club.

Also Singh is - allegedly - not a club employee and it is at a non-Rovers venue.

We'll see.

Why waste money on an expensive and scandalously thin paper when it's free online???

.... because ultimately the paper will close and so will the online version and alot of people will lose their jobs.

.... because ultimately the paper will close and so will the online version and alot of people will lose their jobs.

In fairness a lot of online media use advertising to generate revenue, and once the paper readership dwindles they will simply change the model to a pay site - like The Times.

Although your argument holds well for music and movie downloads - which would eventually kill off the music and movie industry.

In fairness a lot of online media use advertising to generate revenue, and once the paper readership dwindles they will simply change the model to a pay site - like The Times.

Although your argument holds well for music and movie downloads - which would eventually kill off the music and movie industry.

There are strong arguments for both sides but it's just capitalism and the world we live in....you have to go with the times....look at Kodak, a major company that went bust as it's technology became obsolete.....you have to adapt, it's just the way it is........unfortunate, especially when it causes job losses but what can you do.

Archived