BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] the almighty dossier.

greco

As someone who has spent almost his entire career with the M.O.D. and eventually in a very senior post, I am steeped in the habit of NEVER EVER speaking to anyone (not even my nearest and dearest) about any contract I have worked on, and I never will do till the day I die. The reason for that (quite apart from my positive vetting and the signing of the Official Secrets Act) is that none of them have any need to know and it is not in anybodies interest to discuss it.

That is and will always remain my philosophy of life, and I suggest that in the case of this dossier, whilst everyone may be consumed by curiosity and want hints it is similarly not in our best interests as fans to know at this point in time. Hopefully all will be revealed when the time is right, and until then we should ALL be patient.

I just hope it blows apart the whole regime at Rovers, and the evidence will lead to certain people being out on their ear. And that it is a wake up call for the FA et al to finally give a hoot about the way the game and the clubs are run.

I don't want to have my hopes dashed again.

Speaking of the FA, see our director Mr Coar has managed to get himself on a couple of FA committees again for the 2012/2013 season, so we should take reassurance that if there is anything dodgy going on at Rovers at least we will have the FA's ear. http://www.thefa.com...er/FACommittees. Lets hope his 20 month bout of laryngitis has got better

Possibly, but revealing it to all and sundry will definitely do that. Plus there is info in there supplied by people who want their identities kept secret too. If you are desperate to find out, I'd suggest approaching BRAG personally, and asking if you can see the info. I don't know what response you will get, but it won't be published yet.

I'm content to wait, I had my doubts about the potential impact the information could actually have but in light of the phone call by Anderson to Glenn I'm beginning to think the may be some weight to it all.

I'm sure you don't need to be told this Glenn, but beware of the Singh, he's saying all the right things isn't he.

My appreciation as a fan to those involved in compilation of this dossier whatever it might contain, reading Glenn's post it's clear massive effort has gone in to it.

One quick question, and playing devils advocate somewhat, do you not fear that the way the law is structured and specifically the way football is structured then one of the biggest casualties of any dossier and proof of wrong doing is likely in fact to be Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

Sure it may take others with it and ultimately put you where you want to be (i.e. under new ownership) but might you as a club not pay a heavy price to get there, punitive measures even more damaging than how you perceive the last 20 months and ongoing situation to have been?

One quick question, and playing devils advocate somewhat, do you not fear that the way the law is structured and specifically the way football is structured then one of the biggest casualties of any dossier and proof of wrong doing is likely in fact to be Blackburn Rovers Football Club?

Sure it may take others with it and ultimately put you where you want to be (i.e. under new ownership) but might you as a club not pay a heavy price to get there, punitive measures even more damaging than how you perceive the last 20 months and ongoing situation to have been?

This is one of the things that I can't get my head around. I don't know what said dossier contains, but there doesn't seem to be any precedent whereby just the owners get punished and the club is fine. Look at Pompey - everyone blamed the previous owners, but it is the club that has been punished. Same with Rangers etc. I'm not saying we shouldn't be trying to get rid of Venkys etc, and to a certain extent I'd prefer to be in League 1 without them than our current situation I think, but I think whatever happens there's going to be some unwanted consequences.

You're quite correct longsiders and many have said they will take whatever comes our way. From what I know it's likely individuals will suffer rather than BRFC though we could get a points deduction which would leave us in the Championship for another year - though the likelihood of getting out in the next decade is slim in any event.

Myself I'd like to enjoy the football in whichever division. I'm bored with everything else.

Fair enough, I can sympathise with the 'take what comes our way' attitude. In your shoes my worry would be a heftier points deduction than you can survive, possibly transfer embargoes etc.

Still as somebody once said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

Fair enough, I can sympathise with the 'take what comes our way' attitude. In your shoes my worry would be a heftier points deduction than you can survive, possibly transfer embargoes etc.

Still as somebody once said "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

The one thing in Rovers favour here is that we have been telling both the PL and the FA for a while, they must take some responsibility!!

My knowledge is now in the dossier- there is apparently a huge amount more in there besides.

What I am aware of would probably persuade somebody who knew nothing about football or Rovers that the Raos are not necessarilly incompetent loons with a totally gaga approach to running the business but that there is an alternative explanation which makes alarming but rational sense.

However, there is an enormous gulf moving from that logical deduction to having enough hard proof to launch a formal FA investigation. For all I know there could be stuff in the dossier which disproves such a supposition but throws up other huge questions.

Whatever the case, the management of Rovers defies anybody- fans, politicians and football supremos- to interpret rationally. Nobody but nobody understands what the heck is going on. It just looks like random kamikaze shareholder value destruction. "If the Rovers management have the opportunity to make the wrong business decision, they take it." was one of the comments passed by a very senior person I met in the company of BRFC Action Group.

So what happens to Rovers if the club has been involved in being naughty?

This has been answered before. A Board of Investigation would be established as happened with West Ham/Tevez.

Archived