BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stewards.

tomphil

On Saturday during the final 10 mins of the game i counted 25 stewards from corner to corner at the front of the riverside stand. This seems utterly bizzare and an unnecessarry expense at a time when they are cutting costs at ground level and cant be bothered paying people to open some of the kiosks serving food and drink. What is the need for so many stewards ? did they expect a far bigger crowd or are we just providing jobs for a certain firm ?

I assume its what is left over from the Kean reign where there was a possibility of a full scale riot.

Considering that numpty has left once there contracts have ran out I doubt many will be renewed.

Stewards aren't really an issue because they work for peanuts. A stewards weekly salarly is 0.10% of what Pedersen earns in the same week. Insanity.

If Pedersen was to open up one of the closed bars in the Riverside, he'd instantly become a fan favourite again!!

If Pedersen was to open up one of the closed bars in the Riverside, he'd instantly become a fan favourite again!!

Would he be able to provide good service, though? Will he know how to tip the glass correctly so that you can get a good head on it?

It's not just the Riversde. We pay a lot of money to sit in the Jack Walker Upper but they still leave bars unopened. When you take into consideration how cheaply they pay the staff to open them it is a poor do that we have to put up with people standing up and blocking our view in order to get a pint for ten minutes before and five minutes after half time. It wouldn't cost much to reduce this to a minimum.

Having stewards is cheaper than having police at games.

I don't know this for sure, but I'd like to bet that there's some complicated formula somewhere that states you need either X amount of stewards or Y amount of police per 100 spectators.

I think the club might have been anticipating a bigger gate and hence over ordered on the stewards...

Archived