BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't eat a tree rat if it had been prepared by Gordon Ramsay and Kelly Brook wanted me to eat it off her tits.

Oh yes you would, you know you would........................

Whoa, search out "squirrel meat", "chicken of the forest", all I know is if I had to eat it, low budget, out in the wilds, I'm sure it's fine.

Although if it was one that ate a lot of junk, white breads, I wouldn't be so sure.

http://recipes.blurt...om/q865419.html

But be aware of the dangers present!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jul/29/squirrel-meat-supermarket

-

im talking regular town/city pigeons that live of rubbish(literally) not clean country pigeons living of fresh seeds/grain/fruit/ect...

are cyclists edible?

Yep, you are right re the pigeons....fresh and organic is best.

As for cyclists, I would eat that lady cyclist Victoria Pendleton.

Funny thing with cyclists, as much as I respect that they are not polluting, keeping fit and saving themselves a fortune I don't think they realise how nervous they make drivers, yes I'm perfectly safe in my car and wont be hurt one bit if I hit a cyclist but id still have to live with myself if any injuries or worse were caused. Most of our roads just are to congested, narrow and just not designed to have cyclists bobbing about, i think all cyclists should at least have to under go some kind of theory test and be taught exactly how there riding (bad)habbits effect all the drivers around them.

When I was a lad we had the 'National Cycling Prophiciency Test', where you cycled round cones etc. and took a cycling test. The Royal society for the prevention of accidents were behind it. The reason I post this is that it was designed to attract kids by being supported by the 'Tufty Club'. Who was Tufty........A red squirrel!!!!

When I was a lad we had the 'National Cycling Prophiciency Test', where you cycled round cones etc. and took a cycling test. The Royal society for the prevention of accidents were behind it. The reason I post this is that it was designed to attract kids by being supported by the 'Tufty Club'. Who was Tufty........A red squirrel!!!!

Tufty club ! I remember that when I was a nipper at St Andrews school on livesey branch road

I don't think they realise how nervous they make drivers yes I'm perfectly safe in my car and wont be hurt one bit if I hit a cyclist but id still have to live with myself if any injuries or worse were caused.

Good!

Most of our roads just are to congested, narrow and just not designed to have cyclists bobbing about, i think all cyclists should at least have to under go some kind of theory test and be taught exactly how there riding (bad)habbits effect all the drivers around them.

True the roads are congested ......... mainly with cars in my experience!

Have to agree proper education on cycling would be a great idea. Trouble is the idiots who ride in the dark with no lights and wearing dark clothing wouldn't be interested. They deserve all they get in my view, a danger to themselves and others.

Good!

True the roads are congested ......... mainly with cars in my experience!

Have to agree proper education on cycling would be a great idea. Trouble is the idiots who ride in the dark with no lights and wearing dark clothing wouldn't be interested. They deserve all they get in my view, a danger to themselves and others.

1. how is the 1st point remotely good(strange comment!), if a driver has an accident because he was trying to guess what irrational manoeuvre the cyclist wobbling about behind/in-front/beside him is going to do that could cause(and does cause) a serious accident involving every car and pedestrian in the area.

2. as for roads mainly been congested with cars, well what else would they be congested with other than motor vehicles.

3. in regards to your last sentence i don't think its simply a case of using lights and wearing high vis clothing, a good driver should always see cyclists and also be aware of any pedestrians in the area regardless of how light or dark it is, its the unpredictable nature of a lot of cyclists, there inability to drive in a straight line for more than 5 meters and how they all seem to have there own set of rules of what to do at traffic lights/junctions/pedestrian crossings/road works/ect.., normally it comes down to how patient they are and how aware they are of everything that's going on around them for at least 50 meters on both sides of the road(most just seem to blag there way along the rd 1 meter at a time).

finally as well as educating cyclists(mainly those that have no real driving experience to draw from) there needs to be cycle paths right along all main roads and in busy areas then every body would know their place(literally).

Might as well just use a trap or something there though. It's still the human that created the weapon, it's not nature taking care of itself.

I can see why there is a need to cull the grey squirrels, but surely no-one should take enjoyment out of killing them. It's not their fault.

I accidently ran over one last month and I'm still gutted about it when I remember the image in my rear view mirror. He was carrying a nut and everything.

Hope you reversed over it.

Friend in pub says he cooks squirrel in a stew with prunes and potatoes. You should remove the bones before serving.

On a separate subject last week I drove up to my cottage to see a ball of fur role across the drive onto my front door mat. It was the resident stoat who had a rabbit by its neck. Sometimes I see the stoat waiting under a neighbours car for rabbits, field mice and squirrel.

And yes I did eat the rabbit which the stoat left when it saw me. Yummy.

Hey Preston I've a stoat which comes visiting, unfortunately so too a young fox whilst in my empty barn lives a hawk/falcon of sorts which I haven't yet been able to identify.

As for those bushy tailed tree rats I've bagged numerous with my old (pre WW1) air rifle but the best way is to buy a box of rat poison and store it inside a cabin / garage on a top shelf..... the little buggers find it and nick it every time! Great it is!

btw I'm thinking of constructing an assault course for greys like the one on tele where one overcame every obstacle imaginary to get to a bag of nuts only my 'bait' will be a sachet or block of Rentokill's finest! :tu: Make bloody good telly viewing if I could somehow incorporate electricity into the equation.

Oh yes you would, you know you would........................

He'd have to fight me off first!

whatever your views on squirreles(mainly grey) place in nature anybody that genuinely would get a kick out of harming them or seeing them(or any animal) harmed is just twisted.

Really? Well shooting the one that I caught destroying the nests of my swallows in the outbuildings gave me no end of pleasure.

Really? Well shooting the one that I caught destroying the nests of my swallows in the outbuildings gave me no end of pleasure.

your clearly a bit old and twisted then,

also swallows arent an endangered species so some getting killed by another animal is just part of nature and yes grey squirrels may have been introduced by us 100s of years ago, but they are now like it or not part of British nature.

Have people ever seen the albino white or black grey squirrels? I don't know if the whites are real freaks of nature or weaker or anything. They don't seem to be that rare.

These squirrels have their natural enemies, if one poisons them, it seems to risky too for other animals to find

your clearly a bit old and twisted then,

also swallows arent an endangered species so some getting killed by another animal is just part of nature and yes grey squirrels may have been introduced by us 100s of years ago, but they are now like it or not part of British nature.

Yes, our landlady's son-in-law is the same way, I just try to get by such talk because I've heard it before. Poisoning creatures seems dangerous for all animals around, one can think about using an airgun and shooting them but they would only come back in most cases.

Natural enemies seems to be best for nature to work.

They have those artificial owls, I guess they don't work well, don't know, I see them in a few places.

Have people ever seen the albino white or black grey squirrels? I don't know if the whites are real freaks of nature or weaker or anything. They don't seem to be that rare.

These squirrels have their natural enemies, if one poisons them, it seems to risky too for other animals to find

Yes, our landlady's son-in-law is the same way, I just try to get by such talk because I've heard it before. Poisoning creatures seems dangerous for all animals around, one can think about using an airgun and shooting them but they would only come back in most cases.

Natural enemies seems to be best for nature to work.

They have those artificial owls, I guess they don't work well, don't know, I see them in a few places.

OMG ..... Zombie squirrels !!!! :o

Archived