BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Exodus

Dave S

I thought I would look at the Rovers squad. I expect a lot to leave this summer.

So this is a list of every player who has been given a squad number since last close season.

Some are young lads who have been around the first team and not played, others loaned in or out. But still a very overloaded group.

Robinson

Kean

Usai

Henley

Dann

Grant Hanley

Martin Olsson

Henrique

Givet

Morris

Orr

Williamson

King

Murphy

Etuhu

Pedersen

Dunn

Lowe

Markus Olsson

Nunes

Rhodes

Best

Gomes

Goodwillie

Slew

Loan IN

Sandomierski

Kane

Rekik

Bentley

Kazim Richards

Jones

DJ Campbell

Stewart

Loan OUT (We may get them back)

Formica

Rosado

Jorge

Edinho

Rochina

Ribeiro

Younger lads with squad numbers

Fernandez

O'Connor

Edwards

Raheem Hanley

O'Sullivan

Forrester

Payne

Daly

Cotton

Players transfered in January

Linganzi

Vukcevic

Anderson

Players with squad numbers transfered as the season began

N'Zonzi

Petrovic

Bunn

54 Players have been given the famous Blue and White shirt this season. Rovers need to do a lot of work behind the scenes to revamp this squad. With the Chaos at boardroom level this is going to be an almost biblical task.

• Moderation Lead

I expect we'll lose the following for certain-

Givet, Rhodes, The good Olsson, Robinson, Rochina and Formica.

If there's a fire sale (which is looking more and more likely), then anyone with a semblance of quality will go also.

Rovers players will go in August after clubs realise there is no many good players left. Rovers can´t hold better Olsson anymore but there won´t be a queue for him even with lower fee. Pedersen for example will have to be paid off by Rovers if he terminates the contract.

If Pedersen terminates the contract there won't be a pay-off. It would be like Emerton (or even Kenna) where the club allow them to leave - without asking the player to pay the club. Funny that never works in reverse.

Still a bit aggrieved at the Kenna situation. I don't know how Big Club had the gall to complain about Savage. At least they got £3m. We got nothing for Kenna and he helped them get promoted! And later went on to captain Derby.

I'd be very surprised if Rhodes leaves. Most clubs probably share our misgivings about his ability to deliver at a higher level, and the rest would still have to pay more than the £8 million we forked out. I actually expect us to struggle more with getting rid of players than keeping hold of them.

• Backroom

Today's developments elsewhere may mean either a great move for one of our players has turned into a dream move or he will now have to wait for another suitor

I can only find Hanley and Rhodes links with Everton.

Rhodes when at Hudds

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2081331/Everton-want-Huddersfields-Jordan-Rhodes.html

Hanley following relegation

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2181275/Grant-Hanley-Everton-target.html

I can't see either in a United shirt.

Archived