BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who will `star` for us next season..?

I think the aim of this thread was more 'who will show a vast improvement'. Simply going for 'the star' we'd all say Rhodes!

Didn't read like that to me but suppose I took the question too literally, most people seem to have gone for the most improved rather than the best.

Granted he stays and that he plays higher up the pitch as a winger, Martin Olsson.

I know there's a lot of variables in that sentence but it's Friday so what the hell.

Thats a good shout. He's certainly got the ability, the 2009-11 Olsson was way too good for this league, but last season he was awful. Maybe he'll decide its time he stops embarassing himself.

Joshua King is in the starting lineup for Norway today, playing as a striker. Which is a statement in it self. Morten Gamst Pedersen has been left out of the national squad.

Norway's manager, 'Drillo', believes King can become a top European striker.

As a previous poster suggested, King might have been wrongly used as a winger.. He could probably do a decent job as a striker in the championship.

I don't understand what that based on? We were absolutely diabolical under Berg, 6 points from 10 games, we'd have finished bottom by a distance if we'd played like that all season. So personally I wouldn't say it reflects very well on someone if they were playing for us under Berg but weren't for most of the rest of the time. Henley struggled to hold down his position against Bradley Orr, and then didn't even get a sniff once Kane arrived. He's young obviously but you're seeing something I'm not if you think he's gonna be our best player next season.

If we keep him then it'll be Rhodes without a shadow of a doubt. If not then I would say Dann, or Best at a punt.

I think Henley was injured for quite a lot of the season.

Wasn't this part of the reason for bringing back Kane?

I'm talking more in the context of doing well consistently. We know Henley can do s good job on either side as fullback

Do we? On what basis? One game sticks out for me last season, Blackpool away...he just looked out of his depth, strength, height....Blackpool even started to target him....In a funny way, the premier league suits him more than the championship.

Joshua King is in the starting lineup for Norway today, playing as a striker. Which is a statement in it self. Morten Gamst Pedersen has been left out of the national squad.

Norway's manager, 'Drillo', believes King can become a top European striker.

As a previous poster suggested, King might have been wrongly used as a winger.. He could probably do a decent job as a striker in the championship.

He needs to learn how to finish. I personally think he's a little overrated and should be an impact player from the bench for us.

I think Jake Kean will continue to mature into a fine goalkeeper next season, and if we get Todd Kane back I can see him and Olsson being important parts of our attacking play and delivering crosses into the box.

• Backroom

Do we? On what basis? One game sticks out for me last season, Blackpool away...he just looked out of his depth, strength, height....Blackpool even started to target him....In a funny way, the premier league suits him more than the championship.

Must've imagined those MOTM performances vs ManUtd and Liverpool (admittedly under Kean, mind).

Hanley and Judge I reckon. Outside bet on Etuhu.

That's so outside it's @#/? lunar.

Too early to say as the composition of the squad may be subject to significant change.

It's a moot point I think, however. I anticipate another season of grind, disappointment and quite possibly, managerial change.

Archived