BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who will `star` for us next season..?

i personally have an inkling that williamson(fitness permitting) will surprise many and prove an important player, imo he can dominate games at this level.

Well he didn't dominate games at sheff utd when they were in league one, not sure he has improved that much at his age to dominate in the championship.

• Backroom

like a little boy playing against men this lad was last season...

And yet the likes of Parsonblue (I know he's not a coach but I respect his opinions), Maj and kelbo thought he did rather well.

Henley is the only rb we have that is competent AND one who hasn't told our fans to @#/? off ;) not to mention he IS a boy in relative terms so how can that be a criticism given his performances? I don't think he was awesome but certainly good enough to be a regular starter. One of the few things Berg got right.

And yet the likes of Parsonblue (I know he's not a coach but I respect his opinions), Maj and kelbo thought he did rather well.

Henley is the only rb we have that is competent AND one who hasn't told our fans to @#/? off ;) not to mention he IS a boy in relative terms so how can that be a criticism given his performances? I don't think he was awesome but certainly good enough to be a regular starter. One of the few things Berg got right.

I don't understand what that based on? We were absolutely diabolical under Berg, 6 points from 10 games, we'd have finished bottom by a distance if we'd played like that all season. So personally I wouldn't say it reflects very well on someone if they were playing for us under Berg but weren't for most of the rest of the time. Henley struggled to hold down his position against Bradley Orr, and then didn't even get a sniff once Kane arrived. He's young obviously but you're seeing something I'm not if you think he's gonna be our best player next season.

If we keep him then it'll be Rhodes without a shadow of a doubt. If not then I would say Dann, or Best at a punt.

Adam Henley for me .... but i honestly believe that Josh King is played out of position as a winger and could terrorise defenders if played as a striker

Can he finish?

no ... but played with a finisher like Rhodes ( no chance now i know but...) or Best or even Nuno Gomes .... i'd like to see him given the opportunity

Like others have said we need the entire team to shine if we are to be even close to the top of table.

This championship is funny in that every year there are surprises.

Don't really agree with this. Sound but not outstanding team performances are enough to get you into the promotion spots. Consistency, good work rate, good organisation are more important than individual quality.

Don't really agree with this. Sound but not outstanding team performances are enough to get you into the promotion spots. Consistency, good work rate, good organisation are more important than individual quality.

I agree with you its all about the team in the champ. When I said the entire team has to shine I meant in compariosion to the crap they produced this year. But it goes without saying work rate and being organised are essential but those aspects are drilled into the players from the management. We really haven't had a manager sine sam was forced out. Hopefully GB can do the job.

• Backroom

I don't understand what that based on? We were absolutely diabolical under Berg, 6 points from 10 games, we'd have finished bottom by a distance if we'd played like that all season. So personally I wouldn't say it reflects very well on someone if they were playing for us under Berg but weren't for most of the rest of the time. Henley struggled to hold down his position against Bradley Orr, and then didn't even get a sniff once Kane arrived. He's young obviously but you're seeing something I'm not if you think he's gonna be our best player next season.

If we keep him then it'll be Rhodes without a shadow of a doubt. If not then I would say Dann, or Best at a punt.

I'm talking more in the context of doing well consistently. We know Henley can do s good job on either side as fullback. I don't think he'll be our 'best player' but I think we may come to see him as very important in switching defense to attack.

I think the aim of this thread was more 'who will show a vast improvement'. Simply going for 'the star' we'd all say Rhodes!

Archived