BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Steve Patrick/Venky's - new pitch

Agreed, he was interviewed primarily as head groundsman, and as head groundsman he feels he has been provided the tools to do his job well so will have no complaints.

It's not to say if you spoke to him as a fan he'd be as encouraging

Maybe some people think he was a bit too enthusiastic in his praise of the owners, pretty sure some of his former colleagues who have been

shown the door since Venkys took over, will be more than a liitle upset reading that piece.

Still can't blame him for being happy with life, sounds like he's got his dream job.

The club groundsman, a terrific lad and die-hard Rover long before his 25 years of sterling service, is interviewed by the club's own website and people expect him to decline to comment or better still lash out at the people paying his wages?

Wow

So he has to lie ! Wow

The club groundsman, a terrific lad and die-hard Rover long before his 25 years of sterling service, is interviewed by the club's own website and people expect him to decline to comment or better still lash out at the people paying his wages?

Wow

I don't think anybody would expect him to lash out at his employers, they maybe think he was a little over the top with his praise,

considering the decline of our club since the takeover.

or more than likely the writer/editor has just exaggerated the blokes comments a touch, it is clearly a venky propaganda piece, but that's got nothing to do with the big fella, would people prefer it if the only rovers related stories released went back to being embarrassing and negative on a daily basis.

Its hard to say if things are improving, but they definitely don't seem to be declining(which is an improvement in itself :blink: !)

Attacked ? Didn't say that !

He's fair game to have a pop at for saying venkys are doing a good job. Or are you blinded by bull?

He could have declined to comment on them .

My word attacked not yours Abbey, 'my bad.'

When did he say Venky's were doing a good job at running the club? I presume that's what you are alluding to. He commented on his area of expertise and does look like they have spent a lot of money there, should he lie about it?

or more than likely the writer/editor has just exaggerated the blokes comments a touch, it is clearly a venky propaganda piece, but that's got nothing to do with the big fella, would people prefer it if the only rovers related stories released went back to being embarrassing and negative on a daily basis.

Its hard to say if things are improving, but they definitely don't seem to be declining(which is an improvement in itself :blink: !)

Oh I don't know about not improving, certainly seems on the face of it they are at least having majority (non parasitic scam artist partner advised) input in decisions at last, Bowyer appointment, Agnew sulking off, money being spent on the pitch and academy, as said earlier long way to go before making up for the previous two and a half years or so but going to be an interesting season ahead now Venky's seem to be running the club, maybe they are not confused any more.

Appoint a decent respected person as Managing Director after letting Shelfy go , and in turn let them appoint a competent management structure, give Bowyer full backing on all things player and team related would certainly be seen as further heading in the right direction.

Yeah, another day, another load of personal comments removed. We've tried asking nicely, we've tried handing out temporary band, what will it take for people to get the message?

We're not asking you to agree (this place would be pretty dull if you did), just stick on topic and stay away from having a go at each other personally. We're not asking much and it's not rocket science. Things were starting to get a bit better around here until I read this and the latest BRAG thread.

• Moderation Lead

For god's sake. It's not like he's going to slag off his employers is it? He's no doubt a family and mortgage to pay for!!

Fair enough the owners are bell ends, and have a lot to answer for, but if people are taking their frustrations out on the groundsman, they need to get a grip.

Well, let's hope this added investment produces results, because the pitch looked far from perfect for a good portion of last season.

Based on the article this is a re-seeding which I think is done every summer. I feel the main issue last season was drainage and a re-seed will not help that though I suppose it may have some minimal impact.

No doubt we will see an improved surface in August but the test will be next winter. To April this year the UK recorded first the wettest year on record (2012) and then the wettest period (15 months) on record so it's hardly surprising a pitch built just short of 20 years ago suffered.

Archived