[Archived] England Decline Must End

neekoy

• Replies 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply

World Cup1998, Beckham sent off vs. Argentina

World Cup 2002, 10-man Brazil defeat England

Euro 2004, Suspended Rooney misses quarter-final vs. Portugal

World Cup 2006, Rooney red carded out vs. Portugal.

So, in these tournaments, the opportunity was there, England did not capitalise.

The trouble is many dont have englands best interest at heart and there is nothing you can do about that.

I also think people look for that 1 magic issue thats englands problem and think solving that solves it all, but the reality is it isnt 1 thing thats wrong

Its a alot of small issues rather than being that 1 big thing.

You're right it's not one thing but a combination of several and all need to be tackled. One aspect that needs to change is that english football is a bit like being a dingle. Dingles breed within themselves never adding to the gene pool, as they marry their grannies. Football in this country is similar in that it always recruits from within in the main. Look at sports science as a great example, the majority of those in the game are ex-players and sadly the majority of players are lacking academically. Now to be a good scientist academic prowess is crucial and they lack these skills. Yes they get the degree, but there's big differences between the classifications. But the ex pro will get the job over the strong scientist. This makes no sense as the ex pro's knowledge and ability will never compare to someone who's only studied science. On the continent you see more people from outside entering the game and doing well but not here. Now that's not me being bitter in any way if some see it like that, but the reality is if you only recruit from within your won't progress as you could. This for me is yet another reason why England fail and will continue to do so. Look at that new FA panel, Howard Wilkinson is on it and yet he's already failed at this type or role, how did he get another shot? it's poor and self-defeating towards the aims of it all.

World Cup1998, Beckham sent off vs. Argentina

World Cup 2002, 10-man Brazil defeat England

Euro 2004, Suspended Rooney misses quarter-final vs. Portugal

World Cup 2006, Rooney red carded out vs. Portugal.

So, in these tournaments, the opportunity was there, England did not capitalise.

Can you not see a trend? Psychologically english players are lacking, red card, red card, lack of resilience and commitment against Brazil (2002). You don't see Messi getting sent off at these comps, Ronaldo or any of the better world players they keep cool as they know there presence is needed for success. Rooney at the last euro's coming back fat because he likes Ice-cream and took it too far and ensured his desires where put before his duty IE returning fit and ready to go.

I don't think anyone should discuss England winning it in public. how can we predict how talent in this country will develop prior to 2022? The EPPP is brand new and untested, will it work, who knows? The talk should be we'll do our best, we aspire to it, but everyone does, but know we'll be doing all we can to ensure we put out the best team possible. You see there are serious downsides to this completely positive environment being created in the UK, reality is not like that. I see it everyday in the current youngsters at uni. They go from medals for finishing last to that's not good enough. They can't cope with negativity and a number of them struggle. Just look at Wilshire, No.1 caught smoking ( not good given he's a PROFESSIONAL), then he spouts england for england and receives more negativity. Next he's in the papers saying he can't cope with the pressure. A couple of negative stories, caused by himself and he's struggling to deal with it all. How is he going to cope with reading everyday England will win the world cup? He hasn't got a chance and he's one of your best hopes currently. Far more thought needs to be given to the mindset created in football, nurture the attributes/traits that will benefit his career long-term. But that's not happening here and if I'm being honest I don't think England will win anything in my life time as they can't see the wood for the trees and believe its all about technique or a lack off. Lack of technique is a learning issue and a personality one as its developed through practice and practice is dictated by personality or the individual. Develop the right traits and the kid will practice all day, don't and he'll play FIFA and his parents will applaud him for it.

If you don't want anyone to discuss England winning it in public, you should write your newspaper, the BBC and any pundits and ask them not to discuss it. Maybe even ask for such a law.

Can you not see a trend? Psychologically english players are lacking, red card, red card, lack of resilience and commitment against Brazil (2002). You don't see Messi getting sent off at these comps, Ronaldo or any of the better world players they keep cool as they know there presence is needed for success. Rooney at the last euro's coming back fat because he likes Ice-cream and took it too far and ensured his desires where put before his duty IE returning fit and ready to go.

Yes, I see a pattern, it's that England has not capitalised on opportunities, Euro 2004 could have been England's, really could have.

None of those red cards were bad luck. You come-up against strong opposition, can't deal with the pressure and fold. Next you hear as you have said oh it's just bad luck and yet Rooney seems to have had a lot of bad luck/cards when the pressure is on. Luck or something else, I favour the latter.

Quick question to all:

You have two choices the first choice is you go and have a drink or two with your mates. The second is you do the housework as your house is dirty and needs a clean.

Which do you do? pleasure or necessity?

None of those red cards were bad luck. You come-up against strong opposition, can't deal with the pressure and fold. Next you hear as you have said oh it's just bad luck and yet Rooney seems to have had a lot of bad luck/cards when the pressure is on. Luck or something else, I favour the latter.

Quick question to all:

You have two choices the first choice is you go and have a drink or two with your mates. The second is you do the housework as your house is dirty and needs a clean.

Which do you do? pleasure or necessity?

Housework or the wife would kill me.......errr I mean the drink. Deffo the drink.

Press are reporting carrick starts. Wonder who will miss out?

Suprised he's changing it after the montenegro game

There are no negative consequences for choosing either, which would you do?

Its fair to say most would go for the drink

Press are reporting carrick starts. Wonder who will miss out?

Suprised he's changing it after the montenegro game

Its fair to say most would go for the drink

I believe that too, most would do something they want to do over something they NEED to do. Now consider that in relationship to becoming one of the best sportsman on the planet. Who will win it, the guy that goes for the drink or the one that does what he needs to do? If there is ever one common denominator between the elite and the rest, it is sacrifice and the best do this all the time. IMO we are becoming a country that does what we want to do not what we need to do and that spells doom in Majiland..

Phil jones on the bench again can't help but think going to UTD had made him a worse player. If he went to Liverpool or arsenal he would probably be an established premiership and England center half by now.

Baffling hes on the bench as he's a better player than smalling in any position you want to compare

The FA are an absolute bunch of morons selling so many tickets to Polish fans. It's like an away game FFS.

It would serve the money grabbing keans right if we didn't qualify.

:angry:

Gotta pay for all those shredding machines , brushes and carpets somehow :)

Look on the plus side if the free jolly to Brazil is off they can spend all summer pretending to investigate Rovers instead

Archived