BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo?

Tom

Guest Norbert

It is a crying shame that the Venkys didn't fund the club ,when we were in the Premiership !

We wouldn't be in this predictament if they had done !

FFP will turn out to be a white elephant , cannot see it being adhered too or policed ,,But I can see it being used by certain people not to spend any money...

Would be very surprised if we finished in the top 8 this season ...Lacking in too many areas ...

It is worth mentioning who the manager was, and who was 'advising' them during that time. I think if they really threw the cash about, I think we can guess who would benefit the most.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The trouble is some will forgive and others won't, we're all different and will react as such. When I go I will support the team and moan about the wait at the food stand at half-time as always. Will I forgive Venky's no, never. They have destroyed something that was so important in my life I used to go out of my way for it all the time. They have killed my love for the club and football as our decline is solely down to them and their mates and was all so unnecessary. Perhaps if they made the first move, something would change. But they won't and never will so nothing changes.

Even this is not helped by the fact that Shaw et al are merely dressing a dirty wound. Not one morsel of honest communication about why the V's actually made so many mind bogglingly, terrible decisions and basically engineered the club's relegation.

I don't think I am vindictive, but engineering your own club's relegation is genuinely unforgiveable in my book.

Nevertheless, I can see Bowyer has something special and he has my 100% support

Even this is not helped by the fact that Shaw et al are merely dressing a dirty wound. Not one morsel of honest communication about why the V's actually made so many mind bogglingly, terrible decisions and basically engineered the club's relegation.

I don't think I am vindictive, but engineering your own club's relegation is genuinely unforgiveable in my book.

Nevertheless, I can see Bowyer has something special and he has my 100% support

This for me is the killer blow. I have watched the club I loved (clearly I don't love it as I did as I now even forget we're playing sometimes) self-destruct over the last 3 years with Venky's being the route cause of it all. I have also been privy to certain info that hasn't made the press, which hasn't helped matters. But the Roa's as I said are the route cause. Whether people took advantage of them or not they have endorsed it at every stage. Now apparently they've seen the light, realised the error of their ways and want to turn it around? And what have they done about it? Apparently they want us back in the EPL and yet we shopped at car boot sales this summer. GB was appointted ( now don't get me wrong he's doing alright and at present I am happy to see what he can do), but he's never managed 1st team before and never gained promotion, christ he'd never even bought a player before this summer. It just doesn't seem to me that these are the actions of someone who wanted to take rovers back to the EPL. QPR are up, then there's another block of clubs about 5 and then another group chasing them with us in there (wait till next season three relegated clubs coming down on the back of earning £100M + parachute payments to rival what we earned when in the EPL, good keaning luck there). We just don't seem to have maximised our chances of promotion for me this summer and by accounts it MUST be this summer. We still have no leaders (suits) at the club, they've said they're getting them but yet??? I suppose at the end of the day all I see is the same baked beans just in a new tin. I don't need them to come out and apologise, but they should say something and back that up with actions that reflect those words. From day one Venky's words and actions have been different and they still are today. Come out tell us we're going for promotion and then back that up with actions (if that really is the aim). they were happy to tell us Ronnie was coming publicly but not now, not when it matters. If they displayed actions reflective of their supposed aims and words then maybe just maybe I'll start to think differently.

Who can blame anyone for not being able to forgive what they have done to the club.

The only saving grace is that I do believe we have ended up with a very good manager. I cant believe I am saying this but I think given time the team is capable of getting promotion if not this season next season. We do need to shift more players out and few of the right signings in January/summer

The huge issue is it looks like we need promotion this season. After the mess of the last few years its a huge ask for any manager. If we don't get promotion will Bowyer even be able to keep the team together to build on it? Will Venkys fund the club to spend in the summer knowing it would be the last chance to get players in before we faced an embargo? Especially as next year the income into the club is going to drop

Simply Venkys need to say what their intentions are if we don't get promotion this season. They need to be open and honest if that if a miracle happens and Bowyer has us in a play off position come January will they give him funds to get players in whether loan or buying. They need to tell us if Bowyer does well this season and we are in the top ten or higher but miss out on promotion will they stick with him and give him funds in the summer.

How can any fan even begin to think of forgiving them until they tell what is likely to happen this summer if we don't get promotion? Yes its great to be able to watch a more competitive team managed by an increasingly good honest manager, not so great when it could all be torn apart after this season. I like Bowyer and I am growing to appreciate the team he is building but the financial mess that is Rovers still hangs over everything. They don't give us confidence that they can resolve the financial mess.

Majiball, I can understand why they went for Bowyer and funnily enough why they might be thinking that they are still pushing for promotion this season. Through complete incompetence and zero knowledge of football they have listened to advisors who suggested they needed to get rid of a decent manager and replaced him with he who shall not be named. They have listened to different advisors on the next two managers who have been poor and the wrong choices so going for someone who seemed to have done well when given the chance was in their view probably the safest option as clearly their advisors and themselves have proved completely incapable of making the right decisions with regards going and looking for a manager.

Their incompetence really has been astounding if only they had left Williams in charge and listened to him.........

With regards certainties on the promotion front, I still think its much too early. Yes at present QPR look good, but they haven't really played many of the teams up at the top and it could easily change. Of course they could go on and carry on winning. Burnley I hate to say it look good but they really do have a small squad. The rest of the teams up there don't look world beaters. We need to really see how everything stands after Christmas - but we have no clue what Venkys are prepared to do in January.

Who can blame anyone for not being able to forgive what they have done to the club.

The only saving grace is that I do believe we have ended up with a very good manager. I cant believe I am saying this but I think given time the team is capable of getting promotion if not this season next season. We do need to shift more players out and few of the right signings in January/summer

The huge issue is it looks like we need promotion this season. After the mess of the last few years its a huge ask for any manager. If we don't get promotion will Bowyer even be able to keep the team together to build on it? Will Venkys fund the club to spend in the summer knowing it would be the last chance to get players in before we faced an embargo? Especially as next year the income into the club is going to drop

Simply Venkys need to say what their intentions are if we don't get promotion this season. They need to be open and honest if that if a miracle happens and Bowyer has us in a play off position come January will they give him funds to get players in whether loan or buying. They need to tell us if Bowyer does well this season and we are in the top ten or higher but miss out on promotion will they stick with him and give him funds in the summer.

How can any fan even begin to think of forgiving them until they tell what is likely to happen this summer if we don't get promotion? Yes its great to be able to watch a more competitive team managed by an increasingly good honest manager, not so great when it could all be torn apart after this season. I like Bowyer and I am growing to appreciate the team he is building but the financial mess that is Rovers still hangs over everything. They don't give us confidence that they can resolve the financial mess.

Excellent summation.

I was wondering what decent, emotionally intelligent leaders would have to do now to help heal the poisoned wounds and start getting at least some people back on side.

Yes, they would have to do some public acknowledgement- walking on hot coals with a corner flag stuck up their nether regions might be a start- but, most importantly. they would have to show they mean business by their actions.

So far, no communication. As for actions, let's face it, the summer transfer window did not represent the required actions for a @#/? or bust season.

I back Bowyer, but, nailing my colours to the mast, I believe I have good reason to mistrust the Rao's and to remain extremely concerned about their motives.

Excellent summation.

I was wondering what decent, emotionally intelligent leaders would have to do now to help heal the poisoned wounds and start getting at least some people back on side.

Yes, they would have to do some public acknowledgement- walking on hot coals with a corner flag stuck up their nether regions might be a start- but, most importantly. they would have to show they mean business by their actions.

So far, no communication. As for actions, let's face it, the summer transfer window did not represent the required actions for a kean or bust season.

I back Bowyer, but, nailing my colours to the mast, I believe I have good reason to mistrust the Rao's and to remain extremely concerned about their motives.

Yes i agree with most of this.

However, i might be completely up the wrong tree here but given that we are trying to open a paddle shop in sh1t creek how can we bring players in in January knowing that we are so far adrift at the rules that are then about to become ''law''? Surely we would only be making a terrible situation a whole lot worse wouldnt we?

Is it not more likely that the january window represents last chance saloon to get more players out to cut costs? And of course we all know which ones will be impossible to shift and which ones might get sacrificed because they have a) value and B) are probably our higher paid ones too.

I am confused as it appears are many others about what FFP actually means for us. I am not bothered about other clubs blah blah but our situation will be massively worse than most of the others put together.

Yes i agree with most of this.

However, i might be completely up the wrong tree here but given that we are trying to open a paddle shop in sh1t creek how can we bring players in in January knowing that we are so far adrift at the rules that are then about to become ''law''? Surely we would only be making a terrible situation a whole lot worse wouldnt we?

Is it not more likely that the january window represents last chance saloon to get more players out to cut costs? And of course we all know which ones will be impossible to shift and which ones might get sacrificed because they have a) value and B) are probably our higher paid ones too.

I am confused as it appears are many others about what FFP actually means for us. I am not bothered about other clubs blah blah but our situation will be massively worse than most of the others put together.

If we ship out players, we are only going to be able to sell the good ones - which makes relegation a real possibility. If we get rid of the deadwood - a lot have gone mind - then Venkys have to pay up their contracts.

If we get penalised they will get a fine and transfer embargo so we won't be able to bring anyone in. So it comes down to a gamble between stocking up on players to get us promoted in the next two years, and paying the fine, or selling/paying off players and hoping it bring us within FFP rules.

My concern is that with 13k fans paying bottom dollar ticket prices we won't even have the turnover to pay for a league One side, let alone a Championship one. So even if we get rid of our entire first XI, could we afford the wages of the reserve team?

Is the fine through the FFP variable dependent on the amount or a fixed one?

Perhaps they've decided to wait till Jan before deciding to splash the cash needed for promotion. If we're near the bottom, bottom of mid-table then sod it sell sell (inflated prices in Jan). But if we're just outside or in the play-offs they'll stump up sum readies for transfers for once as opposed their kean-ups.

KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEANKEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN KEAN yawn

Guest Norbert

Are you having some sort of breakdown Majiball? If so, thank goodness I'm not going to be serving you breakfast at McDonalds tomorrow.

If promotion is the aim and punishment will come whatever then we may as well chuck some proper money at it (on those with experience and guile in this league and not Murphy types)?

Speculate to accumulate?

The gains of promotion far outweigh the negatives

Archived