BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo?

Tom

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Which is what Sky Sports have wanted all along as they'll sell more packages in Nottingham/Leeds/Sheffield than Burnley/Blackburn/Bolton.

FFP is a joke.

There's pretty much nothing fair about financial fair play unless you've got a huge fanbase that shifts loads of tickets/merchandise.

My thoughts exactly. Think we're seeing the death of football. It'll be slow, but the more things like FFP come into it, the more it'll happen.

Obviously I want to see you take the most likely course of action ie. missing out on promotion by a mile, transfer embargo, administration, League One etc.

But financially, it would be better for every Championship club overall if you, QPR and Leceister went up this season. The FFP penalties would be huge for all three of you on promotion and then they'd be shared out among all the clubs who have complied.

If that only numbered a dozen or so, and we'll be one this season, we'd be in line for a few million quid each from you big time high rollers. It's like a parachute payment without the hassle of getting promoted.

As it is, we're going up and you're going nowhere. Ah well.

Makes me laugh how people on here are saying we have stability . If losing money hand over fist is stable then keep on blindly happy clapping.

I along with quite a few more said this was coming from day 1. Fans chose not to march and started fights with fans who were at least trying to stand and make a stand against these idiots. Fans pulled their puds and thought everything Rosie just because Scsbby Minge had left the ranch .

There was a chance (snowball gate ) to let rip at idiots in charge and only a few could be arsed. During relegation season , people sat on their hands and still refused to let rip at them , Wigan aside but by then it was to late. Tremblers I think we got called .

People yet again type on here shock at an embargo but anyone could / can see what these morons have done and are doing to us . This squad is not good enough for going up or is there a core of players good enough to keep us there if we somehow bodged our way up. It would take more than the 100i million to do this.

But hey ho in venkys you trust everything's 2 million a month stable.

OMG! Too much! That phrase really stings! It takes me right back to that awful night against Wigan....so thanks!

Re Snowballgate, as you call it, I had to listen to such a load of self righteous crap on Radio Lancs about how awful it was of the person to throw the snowball. Where was that level of criticism for Kean, Singh Agnew et al? Which was the bigger crime? The snowball or what those people did to our club?

I just had another serious, Spartacus moment. " I threw the snowball at Madame Desai!"

The point that Derek and Gary were making is that an transfer embargo is possible for any clubs that fail to meet FFP.

He also said that it will likely be appealed against as we are by no means the only club it affects in the League and that others such as Leicester and Middlesborough (the clubs he mentioned) would also appeal.

It was also stated that we are in this position because we are tied by Premier League contracts that several players are still on... These are players signed by SK and SS... another bit of legacy that they have left us with!

controversial bit coming up... he also said that our gate receipts don't cover the wages of our two most expensive players... and yet Venkys still give affordable season tickets... I can understand fans reasons for staying away as a form of protest... but is it not time to comeback??? - put some money in the Rovers coffers and it will go some way to helping ease FFP impact...

before anyone says - just my personal opinion...

Although I agree it is an unfair system (FFP). We have to remember the clubs voted it in.

Even though many clubs will probable fall foul of these rules. There are other clubs who will and are doing all they can to be able to comply with the rules. If FFP is scrapped, these latter clubs would be the ones who would object. Their argument would be that they have cuts costs here and there in order to prepare themselves for these new rules coming in. If they can do it, why can't other clubs.

Obviously I want to see you take the most likely course of action ie. missing out on promotion by a mile, transfer embargo, administration, League One etc.

But financially, it would be better for every Championship club overall if you, QPR and Leceister went up this season. The FFP penalties would be huge for all three of you on promotion and then they'd be shared out among all the clubs who have complied.

If that only numbered a dozen or so, and we'll be one this season, we'd be in line for a few million quid each from you big time high rollers. It's like a parachute payment without the hassle of getting promoted.

As it is, we're going up and you're going nowhere. Ah well.

if the season ended today you would be right.

Sadly for you, but good for us, it dosen't.

Although I agree it is an unfair system (FFP). We have to remember the clubs voted it in.

Even though many clubs will probable fall foul of these rules. There are other clubs who will and are doing all they can to be able to comply with the rules. If FFP is scrapped, these latter clubs would be the ones who would object. Their argument would be that they have cuts costs here and there in order to prepare themselves for these new rules coming in. If they can do it, why can't other clubs.

I suspect that it will be a case of - if you are trying to get to grips with FFP then you'll get a pass... or at least that would be the common sense approach... so knowing the football business no feeking chance! after all world cup in Doha????

Just imagine what the crowds would be if season tickets weren't cheap. About 9k i would think, they know this full well and THAT is why they continue to keep them cheap, no other reason but to desperately hang on to what fans we got left. I do agree that this team and manager now deserve support, hopefully if we are doing ok a good few half ST's will be shifted.

The point that Derek and Gary were making is that an transfer embargo is possible for any clubs that fail to meet FFP.

He also said that it will likely be appealed against as we are by no means the only club it affects in the League and that others such as Leicester and Middlesborough (the clubs he mentioned) would also appeal.

It was also stated that we are in this position because we are tied by Premier League contracts that several players are still on... These are players signed by SK and SS... another bit of legacy that they have left us with!

controversial bit coming up... he also said that our gate receipts don't cover the wages of our two most expensive players... and yet Venkys still give affordable season tickets... I can understand fans reasons for staying away as a form of protest... but is it not time to comeback??? - put some money in the Rovers coffers and it will go some way to helping ease FFP impact...

I agree about fans coming back - I have said on a few threads that I hope whoever can attend does so. It would help financially in a direct sense in terms of gate money but also potentially indirectly in that the team will do better in front of a full and vocally supportive Ewood.

I could understand stay-aways when the wages of Murphy and co were being added to the books - but now it seems the club is being run sensibly and is trying to get back on it's feet.

Over the next year I can see Etuhu, Robinson and possibly Best being moved off the wage-bill which will be a big help (Maybe even Scott Dann if Killgalon stays fit and Songo + that young lad out on loan whose name escapes me can make the step-up). I am also pleased that our Acadamy got it's class 1 status to give us the best chance of having a sustainable source of good young players.

There is a bit of hope for Rovers (which we didn't have a year ago. But the fans getting behind the team on mass would be a help.

The trouble is the love has gone from those who left the club and the majority won't return. Even if Venky's sold-up and moved on I doubt we'd see the size of crowds we saw before.

My retort would have been to DS, but we had double the crowds before you lot came along so don't hold that up as the owners being good. If you want more income sort out sponsors something you again ruined and so on and so on. Don't use what has happened as propaganda for the owners as they are the route cause of this sorry mess and you their conspirator. And then I'd have walked out. Nothing riles me more than those who cannot remember their own role in things.

The days of the blame game are over. It serves no purpose anymore. Venkys are here and I'd say going nowhere, so its time to support the team now imo and put the rest to one side for another day maybe

A simple acknowledgment by Venkys of their errors and an apology would go a long way. instead of "we're confused" being the last official communication. I'm doubtful they have any regrets at all.

A simple acknowledgment by Venkys of their errors and an apology would go a long way. instead of "we're confused" being the last official communication. I'm doubtful they have any regrets at all.

Its not going to happen. We all goto games to support the team. Sod the board room/owners etc, the team needs our support. Needs it more than ever after last nights revalations it seems.

The trouble is some will forgive and others won't, we're all different and will react as such. When I go I will support the team and moan about the wait at the food stand at half-time as always. Will I forgive Venky's no, never. They have destroyed something that was so important in my life I used to go out of my way for it all the time. They have killed my love for the club and football as our decline is solely down to them and their mates and was all so unnecessary. Perhaps if they made the first move, something would change. But they won't and never will so nothing changes.

Lets face it, there are a lot of clubs in the championship who realise they have got as high as they are able to with their fanbase, money, etc. and just want security. In league one it is even more-so. Rovers may not be a massive club but we have ambition and the will to at least try to get back to the prem, so too do a few others want promotion and are willing to spend to get there. Why should that ambition and willingness to compete be stifled, as long as the bills are being payed and the the club is privately owned the FA should not be able to stifle

ambition. It`s pathetic that the majority of clubs have voted to sustain mediocrity in the sport, imposing wage caps and fairer distribution of the wealth in the game is the only way it will ever be FFP. The even more galling thing is the bigger clubs are pushing wages even higher and stretching the gap between the have and have nots even further.The amount Bale was sold for is truly obscene, and in my opinion is every thing that is wrong with football today. Pheeew ! rant over.

The trouble is some will forgive and others won't, we're all different and will react as such. When I go I will support the team and moan about the wait at the food stand at half-time as always. Will I forgive Venky's no, never. They have destroyed something that was so important in my life I used to go out of my way for it all the time. They have killed my love for the club and football as our decline is solely down to them and their mates and was all so unnecessary. Perhaps if they made the first move, something would change. But they won't and never will so nothing changes.

Thats fair enough. TBH I felt the same this pre season and considered not renewing my ST. But I did and GB and the team this year have rekindled my love a bit. As a result I say Kean it to all the side issues now and just go enjoy the footie and support the team. Plus a sneaky pie or 2 always helps :rover:

ps the food stand wait does need improving. Maybe if they served venkys chicken, folk would boycott and I could get my halftime pie quicker :blink:

Thats fair enough. TBH I felt the same this pre season and considered not renewing my ST. But I did and GB and the team this year have rekindled my love a bit. As a result I say Kean it to all the side issues now and just go enjoy the footie and support the team. Plus a sneaky pie or 2 always helps :rover:

ps the food stand wait does need improving. Maybe if they served venkys chicken, folk would boycott and I could get my halftime pie quicker :blink:

The trouble for me is that the side issues are still there,DS, debt, Loons, SS, and whilst they are I struggle to see us getting promoted. GB's doing OK but if we are indeed aiming for promotion then we need to step it up again. i can't see us getting 2nd, so we're stuck with the lottery of the play-offs and I'm not sure we'll come out of that on top as we are as a whole now an inexperienced club.

i always hoped half of our fans walking off would have speed up the food servers but they are now worse. Last time I missed the kick-off of the second half as they all seem more interested in chatting. My first ever job at 16 was in Burger King and if I'd worked like that I'd have been sacked. All I want is a pie within 15 minutes, surely we can do that at Ewood.

i always hoped half of our fans walking off would have speed up the food servers but they are now worse. Last time I missed the kick-off of the second half as they all seem more interested in chatting. My first ever job at 16 was in Burger King and if I'd worked like that I'd have been sacked. All I want is a pie within 15 minutes, surely we can do that at Ewood.

Never had you down as a pie-muncher, Maj. Not setting a good example, are ye? ;)

If Shaw is talking about a transfer embargo then does that suggest that it's FFP related?

In which case, it would mean that Venkys are continuing to fund the club and that we will fall foul of the rules. I guess it explains why we have got so many players in over the Summer.

Clutching at straws maybe...

It is a crying shame that the Venkys didn't fund the club ,when we were in the Premiership !

We wouldn't be in this predictament if they had done !

FFP will turn out to be a white elephant , cannot see it being adhered too or policed ,,But I can see it being used by certain people not to spend any money...

Would be very surprised if we finished in the top 8 this season ...Lacking in too many areas ...

It is a crying shame that the Venkys didn't fund the club ,when we were in the Premiership !

We wouldn't be in this predictament if they had done !

FFP will turn out to be a white elephant , cannot see it being adhered too or policed ,,But I can see it being used by certain people not to spend any money...

Would be very surprised if we finished in the top 8 this season ...Lacking in too many areas ...

I don't agree. As long as they're involved in the club the only way is down.

Archived