BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Indian Cricket Team Thread

I know it's perhaps irrational but due to recent experience I want to see India fail at just about everything they ever do or ever try to do..... Does that make me a bad person?

A bit like the England Cricket team in every major competition?

Luckily for me I've seen England Cricket teamfail all my life. Unlucky for you, you've seen the greatest cricket player of your era (Tendulkar - Indian) and watched India win the T20, ICC Champions Trophy and the World Cup. Great scenes.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shameful actions yet again by the BCCI re the upcoming SA vs India series.

Oh for India not to be the ICC puppet controller.

Simple reason for it India only wanted two test because they are useless away from home in test matches, they always have been and they don't want 4-0 hidings like they got last time in Australia and England. SA will beat them 2-0 anyway.

Luckily for me I've seen England Cricket teamfail all my life. Unlucky for you, you've seen the greatest cricket player of your era (Tendulkar - Indian) and watched India win the T20, ICC Champions Trophy and the World Cup. Great scenes.

Jacques Kallis is the greatest cricketer of this era, not Tendulkar. Over 13000 runs at 56 and nearly 300 wickets at 32

Kallis fails my cricket Test - I wouldn't pay to watch him. I would however pay to watch Tendulkar, who was a beautiful player. This is not a post in support of BwR by the way - the idiot should be given as little encouragement as possible.

Kallis fails my cricket Test - I wouldn't pay to watch him. I would however pay to watch Tendulkar, who was a beautiful player. This is not a post in support of BwR by the way - the idiot should be given as little encouragement as possible.

The question should not be would you pay to watch a player but would you want him in your team? And to simply dismiss Kallis as you do because he fails your test is just foolish.

Tough cos no I haven't. Cricket is just a side issue imo. It's alright for anoraks, train spotters and owd fella's but it's nowhere as good as the real thing. Obviously a top batsman but the truth is that if Tendulkar came to pick me up in a taxi or served me with a kebab I wouldn't have a clue who he was. Sorry if that disappoints.

Jacques Kallis is the greatest cricketer of this era, not Tendulkar. Over 13000 runs at 56 and nearly 300 wickets at 32

Couldn't agree more. Tendulkar is a superb player but there are 10-20 players better than him in the all time cricket hall of fame and Kallis is certainly one of them. The greatest all-rounder ever.

Surprised at your aesthetic prioritising Jim given your high opinion of Allardyce. As always for me it comes down to facts and figures and Kallis' rank as utterly phenomenal.

The question should not be would you pay to watch a player but would you want him in your team? And to simply dismiss Kallis as you do because he fails your test is just foolish.

I judge players on their appeal as cricketers. I played the game to a decent level and resent paying money to see ordinary performers. Kallis was very good but Tendulkar was on another level entirely in my opinion. In years to come, he will be remembered as one of the greats. So not foolish at all.

Couldn't agree more. Tendulkar is a superb player but there are 10-20 players better than him in the all time cricket hall of fame and Kallis is certainly one of them. The greatest all-rounder ever.

Surprised at your aesthetic prioritising Jim given your high opinion of Allardyce. As always for me it comes down to facts and figures and Kallis' rank as utterly phenomenal.

Cricket is a game of beauty - the Vaughan cover drive, the Holding run-up, anything that Gower ever did. Football is a game of results first and foremost.

Tough cos no I haven't. Cricket is just a side issue imo. It's alright for anoraks, train spotters and owd fella's but it's nowhere as good as the real thing. Obviously a top batsman but the truth is that if Tendulkar came to pick me up in a taxi or served me with a kebab I wouldn't have a clue who he was. Sorry if that disappoints.

Not at all. Your opinion has been and always will be ignored by me.

Might I add, why post in a thread that you have no interest in?

I'm supposed to be the 'WUM'.

Well you must be posting from beyond the grave. Three back to back Ashes victories, won the 2010 Twenty20, ranked number 1 test team in the world, currently sitting in 2nd behind SA and i am pretty sure we won a test series in India last winter.

We have been luckily enough to watch Jimmy Anderson get Tendulkar out 8 times, the most alongside Muralitharan.

Well you must be posting from beyond the grave. Three back to back Ashes victories, won the 2010 Twenty20, ranked number 1 test team in the world, currently sitting in 2nd behind SA and i am pretty sure we won a test series in India last winter.

We have been luckily enough to watch Jimmy Anderson get Tendulkar out 8 times, the most alongside Muralitharan.

BWR is fact meeting fiction.

2 washouts in 2 games. Huge shame because it has been a cracking series.

What it does mean though, regardless if we win, draw or lose the series, we will remain number 1 in the rankings.

Don't be so bitter about it chaps.

No problems.

However this is a football message board so would you be good enough to remind us all where the mighty Indian nation of over 1 billion citizens figures in the international football rankings so that we might discuss that too?

• Moderation Lead

No problems.

However this is a football message board so would you be good enough to remind us all where the mighty Indian nation of over 1 billion citizens figures in the international football rankings so that we might discuss that too?

He supports England in football don't you know? Obviously nothing to do with the quality of the Indian national football team you alluded to at all ;-)

No problems.

If you would like to discuss the Indian football team, then please create a thread in the relevant part of the forum.

Thank you.

Archived