BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] World Cup 2014

Stuart

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There'll be a few who drop out. As our slim chances fade so do the players.

They should select the England team from the PL top 4, domestic cup winners and Championship promoted teams. Winning mentality. Wonder what that team would look like...

Foreign.

Not sure they would they have the balls to do that. All sponsors would pull out instantly

Maybe but there are 208 FIFA countries, 3 V 208.

If the media are to be believed a few of the remaining 205 are not averse to the use of the brown paper bag

Foreign.

I reckon they could cobble together 20 eligible players. Championship players barely get a look in and, despite not succeeding, the establishment continue to select the same faces simply because they have a PL badge on their arm.

If the media are to be believed a few of the remaining 205 are not averse to the use of the brown paper bag

It's the television and advertising market. USA, England and Germany would be a big enough market to cause FIFA to panic. And they have enough influence that they may tear away other countries, which would result in a rival organization and competition to the World Cup.

Blatter and Co. act as if they are immune to consequences. A sharp lesson may cause them to pull up hard and re-evaluate.

http://www.sponsorship.com/About-IEG/Press-Room/FIFA-Secures-$1-6-Billion-in-World-Cup-Sponsorship.aspx

Looks at the figures and companies involved in the last world cup. Now ask yourself how many of them wouldnt pull out if them 3 countries left the world cup?

Fifa cant afford to lose a huge chunk of 1.6 billion in revenue

Thats also not factoring in that this years world cup will probably generate more than 1.6 billion

It's the television and advertising market. USA, England and Germany would be a big enough market to cause FIFA to panic. And they have enough influence that they may tear away other countries, which would result in a rival organization and competition to the World Cup.

Massively so. I'm sure the likes of France, Italy, Spain and even Brazil and the Argies know well which side their bread is buttered on and would be prepared to stick with the big guns. A move to provide an alternative to FIFA would kean em up big style. Leaving FIFA with the arabs, the tiddlywinks and Indians would effectively leave em with nowt. There's none of these developing nations who they so pander to can kick a ball between them and their wider viewing population are either too few or too poor.

Guest Norbert

And those in the 'devloping' market are all interested in the big name players and the European teams, not Shanghai Super Ducks or FC Punjab.

Blatter and Co. act as if they are immune to consequences. A sharp lesson may cause them to pull up hard and re-evaluate.

http://www.sponsorship.com/About-IEG/Press-Room/FIFA-Secures-$1-6-Billion-in-World-Cup-Sponsorship.aspx

Looks at the figures and companies involved in the last world cup. Now ask yourself how many of them wouldnt pull out if them 3 countries left the world cup?

Fifa cant afford to lose a huge chunk of 1.6 billion in revenue

Thats also not factoring in that this years world cup will probably generate more than 1.6 billion

Massively so. I'm sure the likes of France, Italy, Spain and even Brazil and the Argies know well which side their bread is buttered on and would be prepared to stick with the big guns. A move to provide an alternative to FIFA would kean em up big style. Leaving FIFA with the arabs, the tiddlywinks and Indians would effectively leave em with nowt. There's none of these developing nations who they so pander to can kick a ball between them and their wider viewing population are either too few or too poor.

Lets see what happens, FIFA have considered England a thorn in their sides for a long time now.

The worst thing that happened was FIFA moving to the privacy of Switzerland where Blatter and co think they can get away with anything,

as for France sticking with England, given a chance they would sell their grannies

The real issue, in my opinion, is whether there is anyone in the FA, USSF, or the GFA with the spine to contemplate challenging FIFA. If there is such a person, all it would take is a few private conversations with their counter-parts to ensure a unified front.

I'm pretty sure if the USA and the UK pulled out, that countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Mexico would be close behind. Germany would be a huge pull for other European countries.

And that's were the money is at, Europe and North America. FIFA would buckle if there was a real threat of those nations pulling out.

And I agree that FIFA has it in for the UK. You folks invented soccer and have the moral high ground. You're a threat, if your footballing authorities ever grew a spine.

The real issue, in my opinion, is whether there is anyone in the FA, USSF, or the GFA with the spine to contemplate challenging FIFA. If there is such a person, all it would take is a few private conversations with their counter-parts to ensure a unified front.

I'm pretty sure if the USA and the UK pulled out, that countries like Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Mexico would be close behind. Germany would be a huge pull for other European countries.

And that's were the money is at, Europe and North America. FIFA would buckle if there was a real threat of those nations pulling out.

And I agree that FIFA has it in for the UK. You folks invented soccer and have the moral high ground. You're a threat, if your footballing authorities ever grew a spine.

Its England and we invented FOOTBALL

;)

Archived