BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should Rhodes partner be ?

JAL

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rhodes has been at his best when backed up by a no. 10-style player just behind him, so my first pick would be Dunn. Of course Dunny would be out injured after two games or so, which be default makes it Cairney. Gestede and Campbell are solid back up options on this level, and might even get to start a game or two if we're going with two strikers rather than one or want to employ a bit more physical power than Rhodes can provide.

Sell Rhodes in my opinion. i don't ever see Rhodes being the sort of player who will link up with a striking partner-a luxury extravagance which we can't build a team around for the future. Whislt he's on our books we will never be the balanced team we need. Controversial but i think at this level we would get more goals if we play Rochina and Best upfront for example. Best however much of a tool is still on our books! (Sell Rhodes-he's mad to suggest this the fool...). We could buy a right sided winger so we can play Cainey (once signed with a small % of the Rhodes cash) through the middle!!

WUM alert

JAL every time you currently post an opinion on a player you show yourself up as someone who knows very little about football. Lowe and Gestede have both been playing very well and contributing much to our recent progress up the league.

Just call me Jerome then Thenodrog :rock: .

Only seen Gestede live once v Brum and since then hes done extremely well for the team bringing a much needed aerial threat for the side. Two goals and an assist over the last few games, hats off to the big lad and long may this form continue. Rovers though need a player in the centre thats more effective in attack and defence than Jason, thats all Theno.

Just call me Jerome then Thenodrog :rock: .

Only seen Gestede live once v Brum and since then hes done extremely well for the team bringing a much needed aerial threat for the side. Two goals and an assist over the last few games, hats off to the big lad and long may this form continue. Rovers need a player in the centre thats more effective in attack and defence than Jason, thats all Theno.

Yes but you wrote Gestede off very quickly, as I recall, probably after the Brum game. It reminds me of the bloke I sat next to at Easter Road in August 1992 when Hibs beat us 3-0 (I think it was) in a pre-season friendly. Our new centre forward, a young lad from Southampton, looked very sluggish and completely off the pace. This fella said "@#/? me, we've let Speedie go to sign this donkey on!"

Shearer had, apparently, driven hundreds of miles (on his birthday if the legend is true) to play in that game. I don't know how true that is but the fella's comment has stuck with me, as has Big Al's performance that day. Give a player a few games before deciding that 'he isn't the answer'.....

Yes but you wrote Gestede off very quickly, as I recall, probably after the Brum game. Give a player a few games before deciding that 'he isn't the answer'.....

Cant argue with that Oldjamfan and well done for making the long trip down on saturday. Excellent stuff!

Good shout! After his goal on sat I tried to get "Rudy, Rudy, Rudy, Rudy Ahhhh" (to the tune of the Kasier Chiefs - Ruby) going but no-one was having it.

I think the Specials eclipses my effort though. Great tune!

That's what's been playing in my mind when Rudy scores! (Kasier Chiefs - Ruby). Keep trying it might catch on yet! :)

Archived