BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should Rhodes partner be ?

JAL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Distasteful, useless, classless, scumbag. No

not Kean although the description is perfect, but the new Wayne Rooney.

Understand the thought process of him and JR together, until I remember it's Goodwillie we are on about, then it makes no sense at all. One of the worst strikers ever employed at Rovers in my 40 years of supporting the club.

Good riddance to totally useless rubbish.

The other option is we say sod it, Rhodes doesn't need a partner, he's always going to score goals and start looking at ways to get other people in the team scoring more.

But everyone needs a partner to share lifes burdens. We should get one of Amarillo's ladies to partner Rhodes, that would get the crowd cheering!

When has Goodwillie ever shown signs that he can create chances for others?

He isn't good enough for Dundee and they are cutting his loan short apparantly, a bit strange as his loan only lasted three more days didn't it?. I expect him to go on loan to a league 1/2 team that's more his level. The frightening thing is his contract doesn't run out till summer 2015!

The other option is we say sod it, Rhodes doesn't need a partner, he's always going to score goals and start looking at ways to get other people in the team scoring more.

What a strange thing to say two days after he drew a blank against a team in the bottom 3.

A better title of this thread might be who should play CF for BRFC given that 4-4-2 has in the main been consigned to the history books and most teams now play a variation of 4-5-1.

Or "who should form part of the midfield behind Rhodes" given that they generally fail to provide him with the service he needs and that according to you on the other thread on Boxing Day the personnel in question had even started to get overrun in midfield.

Sell Rhodes in my opinion. i don't ever see Rhodes being the sort of player who will link up with a striking partner-a luxury extravagance which we can't build a team around for the future. Whislt he's on our books we will never be the balanced team we need. Controversial but i think at this level we would get more goals if we play Rochina and Best upfront for example. Best however much of a tool is still on our books! (Sell Rhodes-he's mad to suggest this the fool...). We could buy a right sided winger so we can play Cainey (once signed with a small % of the Rhodes cash) through the middle!!

Guest Norbert

I can sort of see the logic but.........................Best is complete gashflaps. He's far less effective than Rhodes as he couldn't score in a brothel, does not contribute to the team and is generally poor. And Rochina is a frustrating luxury player-plenty of skill, but little proof he has the brain to use that skill.

It's a bit like all those people advocating Emile Heskey's England appearances. He did work hard for the team, but we all had that sense of dread if/when the commentator shouted "....and the ball breaks to Heskey, he is one-on-one with the keeper........."

He seems to have got better in each performance, Tom. He certainly was a better target for those long balls than Rhodes.

Unfortunately he didnt win many of them which begs the question, what on earth is he doing here, a goal every eight games isnt the answer for Rovers right now.

Unfortunately he didnt win many of them which begs the question, what on earth is he doing here, a goal every eight games isnt the answer for Rovers right now.

I think you are doing him a disservice? JAL. He won plenty of the flick-ons when playing against 8ft 5 defenders he had no right to. If every game he creates or creates space for Rhodes to get a goal or two then he'll do for me.

I think you are doing him a disservice? JAL. He won plenty of the flick-ons when playing against 8ft 5 defenders he had no right to. If every game he creates or creates space for Rhodes to get a goal or two then he'll do for me.

Definitely not Stuart he missed many a flick on, never looked like aerial battles was his strength and with a goal ratio of one in eight is that enough.

Archived