BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Who should Rhodes partner be ?

JAL

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Sometimes he and Dunn work great together other times they seem on different planets, Taylor looks decent in the hole Ruben has ability but doesn't often pass, best and DJ are write offs and we've seen nothing of Gestede yet

Given we are unlikely to bring anyone in I would say Dunn for the games he is fit and Taylor when not and maybe try Gestede in a game.

Sometimes he and Dunn work great together other times they seem on different planets, Taylor looks decent in the hole Ruben has ability but doesn't often pass, best and DJ are write offs and we've seen nothing of Gestede yet

Given we are unlikely to bring anyone in I would say Dunn for the games he is fit and Taylor when not and maybe try Gestede in a game.

With this in mind Tom, which is pretty much how I, see it, is there another unbeknown out there that would be more suitable to playing alongside Jordan.

Plus does GB have the answer ?

Considering how many highly paid strikers bowyer has on his books he must feel short of options in this area - Best seems to have been cast out, DJ's situation is as messy as it gets, goodwillie returns from loan soon but is facing a civil prosecution.

As a partner for rhodes we have dunn, gestede or rochina. Each of those is very different. I like starting with dunn because he settles the team, rochina needs a couple of reserve games on today's showing. Gestede looks decent.

I hope we have plans for the transfer window to address the number of unavailable strikers we have.

well there are some pretty good prospects in our under 18s and reserve to have a look at, Jordan Preston for the under 18s in banging them in for fun and looks like an all round decent striker with some creativity, so if all is lost try the lad,

as for the reserves we have Forrester who looks a decent prospect to be honest. there is also some decent little players in that group to like hugo and raheem Hanley etc..

just because we might not be able to buy players doesn't mean we wont see new ones stepping up, there is some real decent prospects in our academy and above that could come in and do a job, other teams in this league have 17-22 year olds playing every week so its not all doom and gloom, I like the look of a lot of our youth and reserve so I hope to see some come in soon.

well there are some pretty good prospects in our under 18s and reserve to have a look at, Jordan Preston for the under 18s in banging them in for fun and looks like an all round decent striker with some creativity, so if all is lost try the lad,

as for the reserves we have Forrester who looks a decent prospect to be honest. there is also some decent little players in that group to like hugo and raheem Hanley etc..

just because we might not be able to buy players doesn't mean we wont see new ones stepping up, there is some real decent prospects in our academy and above that could come in and do a job, other teams in this league have 17-22 year olds playing every week so its not all doom and gloom, I like the look of a lot of our youth and reserve so I hope to see some come in soon.

We always seem to have great prospects in the u18s.. worries me how few we push through.. Tim Payne for example is still an international for NZ but has been passed around all over the place, Hugo Fernandez hasn't made the step up had high hopes for him, same with Edwards, o'Sullivan and o'Connel from the great little youth team in 2012.

Norman Bell

Who will ever forget the legend Norman Bell. Rumour has it that we were going to call one side of the ground after him, until someone realised it just wouldn't sound right. Imagine the riverside for example, now being known as the Norman end. It just doesn't sound right does it

I think the key is flexibility behind rhodes. Until yesterday we had seen it in parts the past couple of games with the 3 behind not being so rigid in their positions and interchanging with freedom. For me this is the way to go and in part what made yesterdays starting selection so strange as it had looked promising in sections the past 2 games

Rhodes & Rochina would scare the crap out of most teams in this division.

I wonder why we never see that combination then. If plenty of fans see it that way, they why can't a full time professional manager see it too?

Archived