BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Halfway Awards

With the Leeds game taking us to 24 played (just over half way) in 2013/14 season. What are the halfway highlights?

Player of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Game of the 1st half of the season

Goal of the 1st half of the season

Best individual performance

Worst individual performance

Best team performance

Worst team performance

Funny of the 1st half of the season

For me

Player of the Year - Tom Cairney (special mentions for Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Rhodes and King)

Young Player of the Year - Tom Cairney

Game of the 1st half of the season - Blackburn 1-0 Leeds Utd. Always nice to beat Leeds, they brought a great following and Ewood was back to its good ol' self again. Battled hard and earned a much deserved victory.

Goal of the 1st half of the season - Dunn vs. Bolton (special mention for Lowe vs. Boro)

Best individual performance - Joshua King vs. Barnsley. Unplayable that day, if only he had a final ball!

Worst individual performance - Hanley vs. Wigan. Cost us the game that day, hope those 2 points aren't crucial come May!

Best team performance - Rovers 1-1 Man City. Great team performance, everyone worked hard and earned a much deserved replay.

Worst team performance - Doncaster 2-0 Rovers. A shocker of a performance and a 90 minutes to forget. Admittedly I didn't go to Ipswich away, but it can't have been worst than at Donny!

Funny of the 1st half of the season - Rhodes' deflection/shinner and Williamson's rugby tackle away at Burnley

Player of the year - Rhodes/Spurr

Young player - Cairney

Games of the 1st half of the season - Blackburn 4-1 Bolton. Most I had enjoyed a game in years.

Goal of the 1st half of the season - Dunn vs Bolton, loved seeing Zat Knight get sat on his ars*/ Evans vs Bolton (slight deflection but great technique)

Best Performance - Cairney vs Leeds away, ran the game from start to finish. Honorable mention to Williamson's cameo vs Burnley.

Worst performance - Agree with Hanley, costs us the game, although overall has had a good first half of the season.

Best performance - vs City, no one had a bad game and everyone raised their game. Great team performance.

Worst team performance - Ipswich away. Might as well of not turned up.

Funniest moment - Zat Knight and Wheater's performance against us, one of the worst defensive displays I've ever seen, had me in stitches that amount of times Knight booted the ball into touch with no one near him. Dreadful player.

Overall a decent first half of the season with a platform to build on. Much improved from previous years.

Worst performance: DJ at Ipswich. Admittedly Hanley was poor but at least we got half an hour from him. We didn't get anything from DJ at Ipswich, other than a booking & a whole lot of unwanted media attention.

• Backroom

Player of the Year - Cairney or Rhodes

Young Player of the Year - Cairney

Game of the 1st half of the season - enjoyed Bolton as much as any

Goal of the 1st half of the season - Corry Evans volley

Best individual performance - King v Barnsley

Worst individual performance - Kean in one home game I can't recall but he flapped at everything conceded a poor goal and was just terrible

Best team performance City

Worst team performance first half against Brum

Funny of the 1st half of the season NEE NAW NEE NAW NEE NAW

Player of the Year - Spurr has been consistently good

Young Player of the Year - Cairney

Game of the 1st half of the season - Bolton

Goal of the 1st half of the season - Dunn v Bolton

Best individual performance - King v Barnsley

Worst individual performance King v Carlisle

Best team performance - Man City

Worst team performance - Ipswich, we beat ourselves

Funny of the 1st half of the season watching the dingles hope fade as Williamson takes down ings.

• Moderation Lead

With the Leeds game taking us to 24 played (just over half way) in 2013/14 season. What are the halfway highlights?

Player of the Year-Cairney

Young Player of the Year-Has there been one?

Game of the 1st half of the season-Bolton 'h

Goal of the 1st half of the season-Dunn vs Bolton

Best individual performance-Cairney vs Citeh

Worst individual performance-Hanley Wigan 'a'

Best team performance-Leeds 'a'

Worst team performance-Charlton 'h'

Funny of the 1st half of the season-The wheelbarrow come stretcher that came on the pitch, forget who it was against!

• Backroom

Player of the Year: Spurr. Slotted straight in and never looked back!
Young Player of the Year: Hanley. Not sure why, but I love the guy.
Game of the 1st half of the season: 5-1 vs Barnsley.
Goal of the 1st half of the season: Dunn vs Bolton (beautiful goal)!
Best individual performance: Taylor's rise vs Leeds at Home.
Worst individual performance: Jake Kean....several times.
Best team performance: 2nd half vs Brum.
Worst team performance: 1st half vs Brum.
Funny of the 1st half of the season: Millwall stretcher or that kid who milked his half-time penalty (good on ya, lad!)

Player of the Year: Dann or Rhodes

Young Player of the Year: King

Game of the 1st half of the season: 4-1 V Bolton

Goal of the 1st half of the season: Jason Lowe V Boro

Best individual performance: King V Bolton

Worst individual performance: Hanley V Wigan

Best team performance: 3-1 v Bournemouth

Worst team performance: 0-1 V Charlton, made even worse by walking back to the car in some of the worst rain I have ever seen.

Funny of the 1st half of the season. The stretcher V Millwall

Player of the 1st Half of the Year: Spurr

Young Player of the Year: Cairney

Game of the 1st Half of the Season: 4-1 Bolton

Goal of the 1st Half of the Season: Dunn v Bolton

Best Individual Performance: King v Barnsley

Worst Individual Performance: Hanley v Wigan

Best Team Performance: v Man City

Worst Team Performance: v Ipswich

Funniest Moment: Williamson's tackle v Burnley.

Player of the Year: Hanley
Young Player of the Year: Cairney
Game of the 1st half of the season: 4-1 (vs. Bolton)
Goal of the 1st half of the season: Lowe (vs. Boro)
Best individual performance: Dunn (vs. Bolton)
Worst individual performance: Etuhu (vs. Brighton)
Best team performance: vs. Man. City
Worst team performance: vs. Ipswich (away)
Funny of the 1st half of the season: http://youtu.be/X3WOEZAca9s

• 3 months later...

Player of the Year

Young Player of the Year

Game of the 1st half of the season

Goal of the 1st half of the season

Best individual performance

Worst individual performance

Best team performance

Worst team performance

Funny of the 1st half of the season

For me

Player of the Year - Tom Cairney (special mentions for Dann, Hanley, Spurr, Rhodes and King)

Young Player of the Year - Tom Cairney

Game of the 1st half of the season - Blackburn 1-0 Leeds Utd. Always nice to beat Leeds, they brought a great following and Ewood was back to its good ol' self again. Battled hard and earned a much deserved victory.

Goal of the 1st half of the season - Dunn vs. Bolton (special mention for Lowe vs. Boro)

Best individual performance - Joshua King vs. Barnsley. Unplayable that day, if only he had a final ball!

Worst individual performance - Hanley vs. Wigan. Cost us the game that day, hope those 2 points aren't crucial come May!

Best team performance - Rovers 1-1 Man City. Great team performance, everyone worked hard and earned a much deserved replay.

Worst team performance - Doncaster 2-0 Rovers. A shocker of a performance and a 90 minutes to forget. Admittedly I didn't go to Ipswich away, but it can't have been worst than at Donny!

Funny of the 1st half of the season - Rhodes' deflection/shinner and Williamson's rugby tackle away at Burnley

End of season award season.

From the thread I started back in January, lets see what has changed in the second half!

Player of the Year - Tom Cairney (Tom Cairney in January). Many potential winners, no one has really run away with it and any of Rhodes, Hanley, Gestede, Conway, Spurr or Robinson could win it, but for me, I'd give it to Tom Cairney. He's had a great season and it showed how much we missed him during the Bolton-Burnley-Bourenmouth run of defeats.

Young Player of the Year - Tom Cairney (Tom Cairney in January). See above, Michael Keane would also be in with a shout as he has been excellent since he joined.

Game of the Season - Performance wise, probably the 1-0 victory away at Reading. At home, I thought we were excellent against QPR. (1-0 vs. Leeds in January)

Goal of the Season - I did give him a special mention back in January, but my opinion has changed upon recent viewings, I'd go for Lowe vs. Middlebrough (Dunn vs. Bolton in January)

Best Individual Performance of the Season - Rhodes' hat-trick against his former club, or Gestede's hat-trick against Birmingham are up there, but Conway's performance against QPR was as good as I've seen in Blue n White for many years. (King vs. Bolton in January)

Worst Individual Performance of the Season - Still look back at that Hanley incident, but any player from the Bournemouth home game, except Robinson. All had stinkers that night! (Said Hanley v Wigan in January)

Best Team Performance - No change here, City were flying at the time, and we nearly nicked it at the end. A fine display. (Rovers 1-1 City)

Worst Team Performance - Botlon away or Bournemouth at home. A bad 10 days for us, glad we've responded since then (Doncaster vs Rovers)

Funny of the season - Rhodes still, or Robert Green and Richard Dunne continuing their rotten run of performances at Ewood. Mention also to the little lad who scored in the half-time shootout, before running to the Blackburn End to milk the applause! (in January, Rhodes vs. Burnley)

Archived