BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] championship finances

There was a bit in my paper the other day saying that whoever gets promoted today will make more money in the next in the Premier League season than in the next twenty seasons in the Championship. Thanks Venkies, you can shove your apology as far up as it will go for me.

That's the awful thing. All the key protagonists knew what riches were around the corner, when they started taking the p****!!!

That's the awful thing. All the key protagonists knew what riches were around the corner, when they started taking the p****!!!

I think it highlights the short sightedness of the Rao's if i'm honest. The time which we took such extrordinary risks couldn't have been worse. I appreciate its widely acknowledged they were fleeced by certain parties, but it is so bemusing to think they were willing to risk so much of their own money by listening to the shysters. I mean honestly, if they had adhered to their initial £5m per window investment and left literally everything else the same, they'd have been smoking Cuban cigars rolled in £50 notes. I can't say i feel sorry for them, but they must be spitting feathers.

There was a bit in my paper the other day saying that whoever gets promoted today will make more money in the next Premier League season than in the next twenty seasons in the Championship.

Which is why FFP is a sham.

Financial Fair Play in football and the Premier League are mutually exclusive.

I don't see how it could stand up in court. The rules are unfair and unreasonable since they were dreamt up by other teams and another league body that QPR didn't have a say in. Apart from closing down their football club, they didn't have a choice but to sign up for a Championship place. Although, I'd suggest that there is a case that under the parachute payment scheme, QPR have a case to say that they still operate under PL conditions, and therefore have a certain amount of protection.

Still I have no great love of QPR and would gladly see them lose most of next seasons 'prize' money. Fernandes could simply pay the fine, ride it out by buying better players and get himself back on the midtable PL gravy train.

FFP rules doesn't stop anything for those who have enough money. They just serve to put money into the pockets of the league. It wouldn't be so bad if the money was given to grassroots.

Archived