BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2014/2015

True but you can do some investigating - and a chairman can do a lot more of it than I can - which should improve the odds.

Personally I'd have still gone for someone with more experience as that's something we've not actually tried, and it does reinforce that even with inexperience we could perhaps be doing better on the managerial front. But hey, it's just another ship that has sailed. There's so many around Ewood these days there could be have our own fleet.

The players and fans really need a lift. Sherwood comes across as an infectious personality. He has some affinity with the club, would settle in to the surroundings very quickly and would, I suspect, appreciate the top dog status that the Rovers manager position seems to offer. He had already proven (to me at least) in his short time at Spurs that he has what it takes. The players we have would respond to someone who has his pedigree in the fans - again, just my opinion.

Not to be but perhaps not never. Our next manager will be a failure or a drop out from their current role (much like most of our players). They will need to be to be available and have the experience and/or gravitas we need. The alternative is a League One magician who can make the step up, they are even rarer though.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it bad that I'm delighted Liverool are out?

Is Sherwood still not a capable manager?

The jury is out but I feel this is new manager bounce. Sherwood is too emotional and those types don't do well in the longer term. However I don't wish him any failure at all because he was one hell of a good player and top captain for us.

The jury is out but I feel this is new manager bounce. Sherwood is too emotional and those types don't do well in the longer term. However I don't wish him any failure at all because he was one hell of a good player and top captain for us.

Souey Mk2 sounds about right then.

I haven't caught that unmistakable whiff of corruption at the back of my throat when I see Sherwood on TV like I do every time I see Souness. He's another who despite a massive salary had his hand in the till unless I am very much mistaken. Deals surrounding Grabbi, Amoruso and Ferguson just don't sit well with me.

So sad that he could have been ours.

Never mind, at least we have 'stability'.

Do you seriously think that Tim Sherwood would have come to manage a club owned by those idiotic Indians who refuse to communicate with the supporters of their club?

Never in a million years.

• Moderation Lead

Must admit I did like seeing Liverpool get done, especially with all this vomit-inducing 'do it for Gerrard' @#/? I've seen all over the gaff.

My first thought when I heard Villa had won was for the gobby scousers on Branch Road after our game. They were really giving it the big 'un after an unimpressive performance against an average Championship side. I really hope they enjoy their journey up the M1 and the Villa fans really rip the pish out of them. And hopefully no fourth place neither.

The players and fans really need a lift. Sherwood comes across as an infectious personality. He has some affinity with the club, would settle in to the surroundings very quickly and would, I suspect, appreciate the top dog status that the Rovers manager position seems to offer. He had already proven (to me at least) in his short time at Spurs that he has what it takes. The players we have would respond to someone who has his pedigree in the fans - again, just my opinion.

Not to be but perhaps not never. Our next manager will be a failure or a drop out from their current role (much like most of our players). They will need to be to be available and have the experience and/or gravitas we need. The alternative is a League One magician who can make the step up, they are even rarer though.

Can see what you're saying, and I'm not saying he's a bad shout. Personally though I wouldn't have risked it. At the time we were appointing him there were other suitable experienced candidates about, and imo, experience is what is needed most for the ewood hotseat. Others who were suitable were available and could have been approached - and annoyingly there continues to be a number for whom that remains true.

But as you say the problem is that with each passing month of no change, the pool of suitable candidates gets smaller. But again, I'd also say there are still options for us to upgrade on our manager.

But as you say the problem is that with each passing month of no change, the pool of suitable candidates gets smaller. But again, I'd also say there are still options for us to upgrade on our manager.

The pool of candidates is changing all the time, not getting smaller. At one time I thought there was no-one left to replace GB with.

But Malky is back in the frame as is Holloway and quite a few others. Brendan Rodgers may soon be available.

There must be tens of candidates out there who would be suitable to manage a Championship club, even those from outside this country.

The problem is always back to square 1......Venkys. Would they be capable of properly selecting the right person?

I think not.

It was extra nice on MOTD to see that they were talking about someone's 35th Birthday being on cup final day and then several seconds later Villa socred the winner!

At least I don't have to 'support' Arsenal in the final now.

Archived