BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FA Cup 2014/2015

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Poor Reading keeper. Absolute howler that will probably cost them a chance of penalties to get to the final.

Felt sorry for him, as he was terrific for the whole match too, other than that.

• Backroom

Not arsed with semi .. Just hope Gerard doesn't get to final

I hope he gets to the final and is wrongly sent off (mistaken identity, to bruise his ego) in the early stages. Then I hope Arsenal tear the scousers a whole new Arsenal.

So, quick question. When Rodgers said Liverpool's season hunting for the CL is over and they should concentrate all their skill and effort in the FA Cup - aka beating Rovers at the time - was his complete and sole interest in just screwing up Rovers' season, or was losing to a relegation-bound outsider team in the semi-finals included in those plans? I'm pretty confident Rovers would have smashed Villa 5-0 and we would be in the FA Cup final right now, if it wasn't for Pool "giving it their all" to beat us.

Is it bad that I'm delighted Liverool are out?

Is Sherwood still not a capable manager?

The media 'lovin' over getting Steve Me to the cup final has been sickening, and has ensured I for one am overjoyed Villa made it not Liverpool :tu:

The media 'lovin' over getting Steve Me to the cup final has been sickening, and has ensured I for one am overjoyed Villa made it not Liverpool :tu:

52458077.jpg?itok=1qeBMq4p

Even this guy (a Liverpool fan) thought it was fingers down throat stuff.

Is it bad that I'm delighted Liverool are out?

Is Sherwood still not a capable manager?

So sad that he could have been ours.

Never mind, at least we have 'stability'.

Echo comments that I'm pleased Liverpool won't be in the final.

As for Sherwood think a huge dose of hindsight required on that one, and will be interesting to see if he can hack it as more than a short impact manager. The fact it took so long for someone to appoint him suggests a lot of chairmen also had reservations about him.

Echo comments that I'm pleased Liverpool won't be in the final.

As for Sherwood think a huge dose of hindsight required on that one, and will be interesting to see if he can hack it as more than a short impact manager. The fact it took so long for someone to appoint him suggests a lot of chairmen also had reservations about him.

Unfortunately you don't get to hire managers armed with the powers of hindsight.

Although it seems to be one of the chief reasons to stick with Bowyer!

Scousers going mad on the radio, all want Rodgers out.

Most seem to want Benitez back, that hardly ever works though.

They must be looking at Chelsea/Mourinho and thinking along similar lines.

Unfortunately you don't get to hire managers armed with the powers of hindsight.

Although it seems to be one of the chief reasons to stick with Bowyer!

True but you can do some investigating - and a chairman can do a lot more of it than I can - which should improve the odds.

Personally I'd have still gone for someone with more experience as that's something we've not actually tried, and it does reinforce that even with inexperience we could perhaps be doing better on the managerial front. But hey, it's just another ship that has sailed. There's so many around Ewood these days there could be have our own fleet.

They must be looking at Chelsea/Mourinho and thinking along similar lines.

Well he's the exception I suppose, not saying it wouldn't work, but doesn't usually, however Benitez did really like

living in Merseyside and still has a house there. I reckon he'd go back like a shot, if he got an offer.

I

Sherwood has managed Spurs for half a season and Villa for a handful of games. He's still unproven and at 46 he's old to be starting on a managerial career. It would have been a big risk for Rovers to have appointed him and not have made sense when the likes of McCarthy were available.

Archived