BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Big Club

Unfortunately the curve is downward and steeply so. Whats gone is gone, it's what is to come that is much more important. A team is as good as it's last game or in our case 'season'.

It can only get better then

At the moment or throughout history?

Burnley are bigger than us at the moment, sadly.

you mean the extra digits :)

Haha.... you're in for a shock

maybe you are !

Why would I be? I accept that there is certainly scope to improve. However, I'm more than wary that there is a bloody long way to go backwards too.

There have been various league tables published over the years and we do well in them all.

Not sure what criteria was to put Burnley 4 places above us on crowds. There's probably not much in it but thought we would have shaded it overall.

It's all a bit corny really but when we're generally looked at as tinpot it's worth putting under other fans' noses.

http://talksport.com/football/top-10-most-successful-english-football-clubs-revealed-liverpool-man-united-and-more?p=2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_football_clubs_in_England_by_competitive_honours_won

https://thechriswhitingshow.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/english-footballs-biggest-clubs-revealed/

I think we are kidding ourselves to think of ourselves as a big club.

We do not have the catchment area and we have too much local competition for support.

Which takes us back to the old argument of how do you define a big club.

I think we are kidding ourselves to think of ourselves as a big club.

We do not have the catchment area and we have too much local competition for support.

I'm not sure anyone does consider us a big club.

But I could reel off a dozen clubs from the Premier League and Championship who would argue that they were bigger than us, but the fact is we would have won more trophies than the lot of them put together.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal are big clubs, recognised in England but across Europe and worldwide as well.

The rest aren't. So it's all about winning trophies. That and league positions are the only things that truly matter.

Despite what the likes of Newcastle and Brighton fans think, attendances don't count for much. Bayern Munich and Barcelona fans don't go on about their massive attendances, because they don't have to.

For the size of our town, we've done incredibly well to have been as successful as we have over the last 100 odd years.

Being from a larger city, or within a larger catchment area, is nowhere near as important as actual success.

Archived