BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] suspended

• Backroom

Something like this has been coming for a while. They need to change something, watching Barca/Real dick teams by 6/7/8 most weeks is ridiculous. The prem may be predictable in terms of the top 4, but you rarely see teams even in the lower half of the league getting destroyed on a regular basis.

The ratio of tv money for Real and Barca and to an extent Atletico and Valencia is crazy in the high tens of millions compared to essentially all the other clubs that come in at a couple of million.

Surely if the league was that bothered they could just set a minimum amount for all clubs to get (they'd actually be able to use for a few transfers) and then let the tv companies pay more (or how much they pay now) to Real/Barca so at least the smaller clubs get more disposable income to use?! Sure the government will just buckle to the pressure though and go back to business as usual!

• Moderation Lead

Something had to be done about the complete stranglehold the main teams have over TV money, just allows them to get bigger and the smaller clubs to stagnate.

• Backroom

They don't mess about in Spain, I know as I live in Spain.

I expressed surprise to a relative about free parking at Alicante airport (I was visiting him last year) and he said:

'Aye they won't put up with the @#/? we do'.

I expressed surprise to a relative about free parking at Alicante airport (I was visiting him last year) and he said:

'Aye they won't put up with the @#/? we do'.

Quite correct Mike. I have been here permanently since November, although my wife has been here two years. It makes me realise how much we get ripped off in the UK. The equivalent of the Council tax is called SUMA rates and mine is 180 Euros per year. It was that per month in the UK.

Yeah, but Barca, Real Madrid and to an extent Atletico and Valencia get miles more money than the others. Real and Barca especially negotiate their own deals, rather than as part of the league.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32544471

It's a good law. Barcelona and Real Madrid will have to share their TV revenues. The strike has been called as the Spanish football federation aren't happy that they are getting les than 5% of the revenues.

Some Premier League clubs, Man U I think were leading it, were lobbying for the current Spanish model a few years back. It got knocked on the head quickly as they found out that all other Prem clubs had a vote.

Quite correct Mike. I have been here permanently since November, although my wife has been here two years. It makes me realise how much we get ripped off in the UK. The equivalent of the Council tax is called SUMA rates and mine is 180 Euros per year. It was that per month in the UK.

Aye, but isn't Spain in the mire just like Greece, not paying their way, my brother lives in Spain now and tells me of whole new housing estates empty, paid for by us/Europe, Spain is skint, good luck though.

Aye, but isn't Spain in the mire just like Greece, not paying their way, my brother lives in Spain now and tells me of whole new housing estates empty, paid for by us/Europe, Spain is skint, good luck though.

I don't think it is anything like as bad as Greece. Fortunately I work for a UK based company, so the economy doesn't really affect me. The cost of living is a lot less than the UK so it makes financial sense, amongst other things and works me being here. I miss Ewood park being a shot drive away of course, but life's like that!

Something like this has been coming for a while. They need to change something, watching Barca/Real dick teams by 6/7/8 most weeks is ridiculous. The prem may be predictable in terms of the top 4, but you rarely see teams even in the lower half of the league getting destroyed on a regular basis.

as if they dont or couldnt beat the Premier League teams by 6 and 7 goals either. Dont be silly now DE, and as much as you want to believe all this nonsense thats okay. Fair enough, most of the tv money goes to the 2 big clubs, unfair, needs to be sorted out. Barca for instance have been spending on 1 or 2 quality players, the rest are still graduates from La Masia, whether they just coming through like Munir, Sergi Roberto, Rafinha etc, the rest like Xavi, Iniesta, Pique etc are all products of their system

Now show me one English team in the top flight, who has more than a handful of their academy players starting games? Tell me, how many other teams besides United, Arsenal, City and Chelsea have won the PL? Okay besides us now. People can say the games in the PL are all close games, but its still not an evenly balanced affair within the league in terms of spending power.

Archived