BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Topic Locking...

• Backroom

Well thanks to yet more bickering from the same pitiful people, another topic (News Comment) is locked. Something needs doing, as all this handbags is ruining the forum.

People need to start considering their actions, remembering that the forum is for many people; not just the simpleton brigade who want to argue every single word of every post just because 'he said something about me'.

I reckon (instead of locking a thread) members arguing should be banned from posting apart from apologising in a thread entitled 'Pillocks who've caused the forum to get worse'. Something like that might just get you to think about the forum as a whole and not just your own personal blog.

Playground stuff Mike it's pathetic it really is.

How do you deal with the nippers in your school? Detention?

If they dealt with them with a clip around the ear or a plimpsol across the arse like we got it'd sink in quicker..... and it wouldn't waste teachers time.

However I may be mistaken but I believe it was Paul who locked it as he was the only 'staff' member around and he is known for locking topics and being away with his bat and ball which he feels queasy about. Oddly he banned himself a few months back promising never to return... only to reappear and somehow end up in charge of a red button again. :glare:

Shame because it's been a popular topic and one which will simply be replaced with another one which will lead to similar debate. Instead of locking an entire topic which many found interesting and stimulating and just one found distasteful wouldn't it be so much better to simply make an individual offensive post invisible until it has been edited to guideline satisfaction?

Just as an aside little cliques form around here far too often for the good of the board. Evidence of this is what I believe to be almost automatic 'likes' depending more on the poster and the intended target than on the comment contained within the post itself.

btw Al.... You well know that TJ's only here to aggravate and wind people up but you and others never fail to take his bait. You keep saying that you have him on ignore but I wonder if you really have? If you do have and only respond when he is quoted just chill and ignore him as per your own instruction.

Or maybe an anonymous administrator or maybe Tom.

Or whoever is running the place these days.

But no, you have to accuse Paul.

I did say that I might be mistaken don BUT the only blue name on the list at the time was Paul's .... and as I say he does have form for over reacting. If I'm wrong you've known me on here long enough to know that I'll apologise .

I did say that I might be mistaken don BUT the only blue name on the list at the time was his.... and as I say he does have form for over reacting. If I'm wrong you've known me on here long enough to know that I'll apologise .

You'd best apologise then...

(Gumboots better be a fast runner thoughx, being the only lady on here that im aware of)

I don't know, there seems to be a lot of "handbags at dawn" doing on. More girly bitching than on Loose Women. (which I apologise as being a gross generalisation as I've never watched the program so actually have no idea if what I say is accurate)

I don't know, there seems to be a lot of "handbags at dawn" doing on. More girly bitching than on Loose Women.

im starting to agree with you more lately, it's making me a bit queezy, can i go see the school nurse?

Although im not sure how your post above is any different to the bitching your talking about(but you did mentiom irony) no probs though, not liking me or my posts is understandable but having a kind of mean spirited vendetta, trolling my every post and making me out to be a nasty person as a few do is just weird.

• Backroom

I locked it because once again it had decended into 'I don't like you, I don't like you more', you remove the posts to try and keep it civil and within a day it happens again.

For me it would be better if everything other than the football board was locked now for a while, very little of merit would be lost.

Blame one poster all you like but it's not the case all the time, one person cannot have an argument with himself. A lot of the time he makes a post that would possibly get 'likes' if jt was someone else but instead the same people argue the man instead of the point over and over.

If we ban him for his posts then we'd likely have to ban various other people for theirs as well and then people would moan again.

Is there even any point anymore?

I think you could really do with a few more mods to lighten the load, but finding some fresh faces that are un-biased would be very hard. Obviously im not a stickler to the rules but seeing people blatantly break the fundemental forum rules and doing so because they know 100% they wont be punished in any way is becoming more prevalent.

Amazing how self righteous everybody is when challenged. I've said before there is nothing wrong with this message board but there are a few wimps who hate being challenged on their views and take it personally. Surreptitious use of the "ignore" function helps but there are some real mard arses on here who whinge at everything nothing.

I did say that I might be mistaken don BUT the only blue name on the list at the time was Paul's .... and as I say he does have form for over reacting. If I'm wrong you've known me on here long enough to know that I'll apologise .

More bullocks. In my entire time assisting on this MB I have banned one person and hidden one thread as far as I can recall. I've hidden a fair few posts in my time.

I could, if I wanted to but don't wish to, name a lot of bans that you chose to attribute to me and were carried out by others.

So to set the record straight I may well have agreed with many bans, and there are some I still disagree with, but to suggest I have "form" is so far removed from the truth as to be laughable. It may not suit you but you are entirely wrong.

I think you could really do with a few more mods to lighten the load, but finding some fresh faces that are un-biased would be very hard. Obviously im not a stickler to the rules but seeing people blatantly break the fundemental forum rules and doing so because they know 100% they wont be punished in any way is becoming more prevalent.

Time for those causing the problem to sort themselves out, or go. Mods are here of their own free time and will, and im sure have better things to do than sort out petty squabbles.

(Not just you)

Amazing how self righteous everybody is when challenged. I've said before there is nothing wrong with this message board but there are a few wimps who hate being challenged on their views and take it personally. Surreptitious use of the "ignore" function helps but there are some real mard arses on here who whinge at everything nothing.

For once I can completely agree with you ... in fact look below, I've found several examples!

Seems to me there would be far less bickering if TJ stopped posting and winding everybody up.

Thank goodness I only see TJ's rantings when he is quoted. He really is a prick.

What sort of answer is that? You've not been on here long but in that time managed to post more crap than most do in years. My patience is exhausted. On to "ignore" you go.

Seems all the trouble comes from your direction. Stop trolling or get off the forum.

Archived