BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Topic Locking...

I locked it because once again it had decended into 'I don't like you, I don't like you more', you remove the posts to try and keep it civil and within a day it happens again.

For me it would be better if everything other than the football board was locked now for a while, very little of merit would be lost.

Blame one poster all you like but it's not the case all the time, one person cannot have an argument with himself. A lot of the time he makes a post that would possibly get 'likes' if jt was someone else but instead the same people argue the man instead of the point over and over.

If we ban him for his posts then we'd likely have to ban various other people for theirs as well and then people would moan again.

Is there even any point anymore?

Paul I apologise. I assumed as you were the only official logged on that it was you. I was wrong.*

Seems Tom is the trigger happy one and imo in this case guilty of over reaction. I maintain the thread is valid (very at the moment) and will return in one form or another. Current affairs are almost always worthy of debate. BUT there are a couple of opposing factions who are guilty of overstepping the mark, goading, insulting and hurling infantile crap at one another. It's tedious wading through it sometimes and it's that which needs to be addressed otherwise as we've had one perfectly good topic locked the squabbling will simply migrate to another thread.

*Just as an aside after publically declaring that you were leaving and not posting again what did make you return Paul?

For once I can completely agree with you ... in fact look below, I've found several examples!

Wonderful BRFCS (still refusing to call this forum BRFCC) post right there.

So to set the record straight I may well have agreed with many bans, and there are some I still disagree with, but to suggest I have "form" is so far removed from the truth as to be laughable. It may not suit you but you are entirely wrong.

How does it work here? Am I correct to believe that when somebody is banned, and even though a number of mods / admin might disagree with the ban the ban remains? I must say that what procedures go on behind the scenes on here I really cannot fathom. I never have been able to even make a guess at it either. For example ...What is the selection criteria for the Mods? That is something which is shrouded in mystery for a start.

Time for those causing the problem to sort themselves out, or go. Mods are here of their own free time and will, and im sure have better things to do than sort out petty squabbles.

(Not just you)

but that's my point mate, if there where a few more fair and unbiased mods they'd each have far less to do and more time to just get on with there own lifes, For the last year or so(since Glenn, steB etc.. Seem to have took a more hands off approach) it seems Tom M has had to do the majority of the forum moderation on his own(so I can understand when sometimes he maybe just thinks stuff it and just shuts a thread down instead of spending ages chopping it up) and sorry but the 1 or 2 others that have occasionally helped with modding haven't always been the most unbiased in their moderating, which doesn't help.

*Just as an aside after publically declaring that you were leaving and not posting again what did make you return Paul?

Thank you for the apology.

I'm sorry to tell you but, once again, you are wrong. I made no public announcement. I told Wen and the other admin / mods I was quitting my involvement with the MB. It was Wen, and I was a little taken aback at the time, who stated it publicly.

At the time I asked for my posting rights to be removed. I did not ban myself. My reason was to avoid the possibility to reply to the outright lies being posted about myself.

Sadly it continues.

but that's my point mate, if there where a few more fair and unbiased mods they'd each have far less to do and more time to just get on with there own lifes, For the last year or so(since Glenn, steB etc.. Seem to have took a more hands off approach) it seems Tom M has had to do the majority of the forum moderation on his own(so I can understand when sometimes he maybe just thinks stuff it and just shuts a thread down instead of spending ages chopping it up) and sorry but the 1 or 2 others that have occasionally helped with modding haven't always been the most unbiased in their moderating, which doesn't help.

How many people should the MB have to keep your squabbling in-hand?

Im not for banning people, but you'll find the majority of the mods work is sorting out the same people over and over again. Have some self control, or leave. As for the mods being biased, don't post anything you shouldn't and you won't have a problem.

Plus there's nothing more depressing than taking time to try and write posts, then come back on later and find 4-5 pages of bickering and not one on the topic, its no wonder we have lost quality posters.

• Backroom

Paul I apologise. I assumed as you were the only official logged on that it was you. I was wrong.*

Seems Tom is the trigger happy one and imo in this case guilty of over reaction. I maintain the thread is valid (very at the moment) and will return in one form or another. Current affairs are almost always worthy of debate. BUT there are a couple of opposing factions who are guilty of overstepping the mark, goading, insulting and hurling infantile crap at one another. It's tedious wading through it sometimes and it's that which needs to be addressed otherwise as we've had one perfectly good topic locked the squabbling will simply migrate to another thread.

I'm not doubting it will be reopened and not opposed to it reopening but just felt the thread in its current guise had reached a point where to was best closed.

I feel people are far too hooked up on certain people and that makes the board worse for everyone. I have no issues with anyone on this site, most of them are just names on a forum though maybe the social side of things needs to return.

I'll admit I am bad at this modding lark these days and that's fine i can cope with that, we need better people or maybe just people that care a bit more.

I'm not doubting it will be reopened and not opposed to it reopening but just felt the thread in its current guise had reached a point where to was best closed.

I feel people are far too hooked up on certain people and that makes the board worse for everyone. I have no issues with anyone on this site, most of them are just names on a forum though maybe the social side of things needs to return.

I'll admit I am bad at this modding lark these days and that's fine i can cope with that, we need better people or maybe just people that care a bit more.

I don't think you are bad at modding for one minute Tom. quite the reverse tbh, but I do think you ignored the main problem by preferring to lock the thread though Tom. As I've already said the rivalries will just resurface somewhere else.

• Backroom

To be honest I was on my mobile, hiding posts and stuff isn't possible on it but locking a thread is.

Knee jerk? Maybe but i still think something needs doing long term to sort it.

These days ? You always have been - in fact you shouldn't have any authority at all.

Surely he just forgot to end that post with a smiley face(the daft git)

We have our differences Tom and I'm sure my presence on the site can be a major pain in your butt at times, but to your credit you do always try your best to be fair and even handed and that's all I'd ask for from a forum mod.

• Backroom

It's reet, me and Jim have had our differences, he once got a ban I think for a discussion we had that went beyond productive and then I myself banned him (for a little too long I'll admit) for a misjudged remark but I hold no bad feeling towards the bloke. Never met him and wouldn't know him from Adam but knows his stuff on Rovers.

It's funny really, you ever meet a Rovers fan in a faraway place and you would have a good chat and be amicable no matter the differences and focus on the common trait yet when we are surrounded by each other we focus on the differences.

For me it would be better if everything other than the football board was locked now for a while, very little of merit would be lost.

Please leave the ''Music Association Game'' thread alone - it's used by sane, sensible people with no petty bickering - OH! and me ^_^

Can somebody point me in the direction of the latest racist thread so I can giggle at everybody losing their @#/? about a multi cultural burial site being built across the road from Northcoat?

Many thanks,

Thank you for the apology.

I'm sorry to tell you but, once again, you are wrong. I made no public announcement. I told Wen and the other admin / mods I was quitting my involvement with the MB. It was Wen, and I was a little taken aback at the time, who stated it publicly.

At the time I asked for my posting rights to be removed. I did not ban myself. My reason was to avoid the possibility to reply to the outright lies being posted about myself.

Sadly it continues.

I seem to rem you came out with something rather silly that many people posted disagreement with which resulted in you leaving in a bit of a huff.

Yeah right Tom great idea .............. I don't think! It's the close season for goodness sakes. :rolleyes: Just about finish the mb off altogether I'd suggest.

What many people don't appear able to accept is that debating and invariably squabbling amongst contributors does seem enduringly popular.

For once I can completely agree with you ... in fact look below, I've found several examples!

Do you want me to go through your posts? I can find some real beauts if you want. Pot, Kettle, Black spring to mind.

Can somebody point me in the direction of the latest racist thread so I can giggle at everybody losing their @#/? about a multi cultural burial site being built across the road from Northcoat?

Many thanks,

:blink: But it isn't a racist issue J*B.

However multi cultural my arse. If cemeteries are filling up it's because everybody should be cremated by law. All that putrifying liquid seeping into the waterways and noxious gases being released into the air is a filthy practice. Cemeteries should be replaced with new ones doubling as power stations.

Anyway what jurisdication does the BwD Muslim Cemetary Trust have over the Ribble Valley Borough Council?

I seem to rem you came out with something rather silly that many people posted disagreement with which resulted in you leaving in a bit of a huff..

Earlier in this thread you've been shown to be utterly wrong in your posts in this topic, the assertions being ones you've made a number of times over the years.

As expressed earlier the reason I asked for my posting rights to be removed was the false accusations being written about me. To be quite specific the accusations, untrue, levelled by yourself and Al at me regarding ABBEY'S ban and the claim, again by yourself and Al to have, and I forget the exact words, "information" to support this.

Having a very good idea of the likely source of this so called "information" I concluded the best course of action to simply be to hold my tongue.

All of this was lost when the MB crashed and had to be reverted to a version approximately 12 months earlier.

Archived