BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Current Songs

I really like the chant that Sunderland and a few others do - Wise Men Say. I mentioned this to my Dad and he said that we used to sing it back in the 80's. Would love us to bring it back.

Wise Men Say,

Only fools rush in,

and I can't help falling in love with you!

Rovers, Rovers, Rovers.

It's pretty basic so not exactly going to challenge our fans!

We sang it later than the 80s, just seemed to vanish about 10/15 years ago.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like the chant that Sunderland and a few others do - Wise Men Say. I mentioned this to my Dad and he said that we used to sing it back in the 80's. Would love us to bring it back.

Wise Men Say,

Only fools rush in,

and I can't help falling in love with you!

Rovers, Rovers, Rovers.

It's pretty basic so not exactly going to challenge our fans!

Most definitely a terrace song, used to end up about 10 steps further down than where you first stood with some of them. A good crack in the days when fans were allowed to enjoy themselves. The fun went out of football when terraces were replaced and gestapo like rules, jobsworth ten bob stewards and stupid ticket prices took over.

Songs lost to a generation and not just a Ewood :(

Some one posted earlier about Rovers having its own unique anthem, Like Stokes Delilah or Whams Bubbles.

We already have one! It should be compulsory for all Young Rovers to learn it. We used to sing it in the van on away trips. It fair got the blood pumping. There was also an excellent B Side to this.

Edit: Found B Side.

Some one posted earlier about Rovers having its own unique anthem, Like Stokes Delilah or Whams Bubbles.

We already have one! It should be compulsory for all Young Rovers to learn it. We used to sing it in the van on away trips. It fair got the blood pumping. There was also an excellent B Side to this.

https://youtu.be/TGn3n-jO8pU

https://youtu.be/M95IhP-HvLY

Wow, never heard these before pal, they are fantastic mate!

Wow, never heard these before pal, they are fantastic mate!

Not my uploads to You Tube, but they are from a Record from the 70's. I'm sure some Board Members will have copies.

I know them from our travels, where they were the Away Day Anthems, but never really heard it widely sung at Ewood funnily enough.

Not my uploads to You Tube, but they are from a Record from the 70's. I'm sure some Board Members will have copies.

I know them from our travels, where they were the Away Day Anthems, but never really heard it widely sung at Ewood funnily enough.

I heard them on the web archive for this site. Was surprised they actually worked because it was like 96/97. The first one could work as an anthem now though I would prefer slightly more modern contemporary instrumentals.

Know By Gum off by heart, sure the Darwen Blues 007 coach used to play it on away trips...

Today was the first time I have heard by gum in over forty years, I was word for word except one line near the end. Yet I sometimes forget why I walk into a room.

Who says "by gum" these days though?.

Isn't that the point, to try to introduce something to make the Rovers stand out.

Anyone care to type up the lyrics to that? Sounds great!

Never give in, go out to win

For ever will be our aim

And here's a song to help us along the way

Blackburn Rovers good old blue and white

For our namesakes to play is our delight

Whoever we're playing we'll never be failing

In giving our best to test the rest at home or away

Our name is ranked among the all time greats

We never say die we're here to try we're going to celebrate

For we are the Rovers we're proud of our colours

On and on we'll carry to victory

For our colours we'll be scoring for the Rovers they'll be roaring

We'll never give in by gum we'll make it our day

Any mistakes, I put down to age, and alcohol.

• 1 year later...
On 3/24/2016 at 19:03, BlueMonday said:

wow these are amazing, thanks for sharing

5 hours ago, AmericanRover12 said:

this was the most recent songs thread i could find, so figured id revive.

heard the old sea song "roll the old chariot along" and just know someone more clever than myself can get a decent chorus about Rovers from it. looked online and seems no other club uses it.

Can you hum it for us?

Songs that I missed where. 

"What's that coming over the hill, Shabani Nonda? Shabani NONDAAAAA!"

ANd i always found it amusing chanting "You're just a South Southern @#/?" considering I am half French and I am grew up in London haha.

Archived