BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo Lifted

Tom

My father boycotted the Rovers,like many others,after the 1960 Cup Final debacle.He only returned some 12 years later,and it rekindled his passion for football.The only effect his boycott achieved was to alienate himself from a lifelong passion for the club,and together with some 10,000, others seriously weaken the football club. I know that in hindsight he rued the day he walked away from the club as it achieved nothing.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These people have destroyed businesses, families and the hopes and dreams of a generation.

We should never forget and never forgive.

Sadly it seems a few think appointing a new manager is enough to grant them the freedom of the Town, and that's not really aimed at anyone on here before I get jumped on.

depends if you think it was wilful destruction or just incompetence/being ripped off by Tantric. Not good either way but at least they haven't cut and run and left us in a far worse position. Some would accept Conference football to get rid of them, which is fair enough, but i'd rather have a shot at the Prem with them still here.

I think we all agree their stewardship of the club has been a disaster and nobody wants to give them the freedom of the town...but as Lambert says, bad feelings get us nowhere, especially now that there seems to be a bit of hope around the place.

I don't think Lambert would have come in if he didn't have concrete assurances we'd be out of the embargo by January. Good to hear it's been done early.

So much for Shaw telling us we needed to sell one more player.

...in order to receive his %age cut of the deal and to pay for the family CHristmas perhaps.

My father boycotted the Rovers,like many others,after the 1960 Cup Final debacle.He only returned some 12 years later,and it rekindled his passion for football.The only effect his boycott achieved was to alienate himself from a lifelong passion for the club,and together with some 10,000, others seriously weaken the football club. I know that in hindsight he rued the day he walked away from the club as it achieved nothing.

Completely different scenario, that was over ticket allocation for 1 game, a very important game I agree.

I was aggravated when I never got a ticket for Anfield but I didn't boycott.

depends if you think it was wilful destruction or just incompetence/being ripped off by Tantric. Not good either way but at least they haven't cut and run and left us in a far worse position. Some would accept Conference football to get rid of them, which is fair enough, but i'd rather have a shot at the Prem with them still here.

I think we all agree their stewardship of the club has been a disaster and nobody wants to give them the freedom of the town...but as Lambert says, bad feelings get us nowhere, especially now that there seems to be a bit of hope around the place.

"I'd rather have a shot at the premiership with them still here"

That's alright then......

Best keep my council in the interests of messageboard harmony and positivity.

"I'd rather have a shot at the premiership with them still here"

That's alright then......

Best keep my council in the interests of messageboard harmony and positivity.

What i meant by that if they left we'd be up the creek and probably not in a position to challenge for promotion out of this league NOT that i want them here regardless. .

Completely different scenario, that was over ticket allocation for 1 game, a very important game I agree.

I was aggravated when I never got a ticket for Anfield but I didn't boycott.

Perhaps a different scenario,but to those people who do not attend for the reasons widely proclaimed on this site,they are only damaging the club and themselves.Sometimes in life it's time to look forward not back.

Perhaps a different scenario,but to those people who do not attend for the reasons widely proclaimed on this site,they are only damaging the club and themselves.Sometimes in life it's time to look forward not back.

Fair point.

But equally sometimes in life you have to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of the consequences, and I for one will not criticise anyone for not attending because of Venkys.

Maybe they have found an alternative to football that does not cause them stress, hardly damaging themselves

These people have destroyed businesses, families and the hopes and dreams of a generation.

We should never forget and never forgive.

Sadly it seems a few think appointing a new manager is enough to grant them the freedom of the Town, and that's not really aimed at anyone on here before I get jumped on.

We all know what's happened Gav and none of us condone it, so we don't need it ramming down our throats every time we log on.

We all know what's happened Gav and none of us condone it, so we don't need it ramming down our throats every time we log on.

To be honest I think you may have just picked the wrong time to log on, Abbey hasn't posted anything like that for ages as far as I've seen, I still agree with him but certainly take your point :tu:

Fair point.

But equally sometimes in life you have to stand up for what you believe in, regardless of the consequences, and I for one will not criticise anyone for not attending because of Venkys.

Nor will I, if they can explain any positive effect this will have.Supporters ,support through thick and thin,self proclaimed martyrs do nothing to help the cause,PL is telling them that.

Supporters see support differently though. You see I think blindly turning up week in, week out whatever happens at the club, is not support. Sometimes you have to make decisions about what is acceptable. Do you think the advisor guy, whoever he is, would have conveyed the same message to the Raos if Ewood had been over half full each week and the fans were singing Bowyers praises? I don't. I think saying enough is enough was a point that had to be reached by a significant number of people in order that change could take place. Equally I do not think harbouring grudges or waiting for guarantees is the way forward either. I think that changes have been made, changes which we all agree are good, so now is the time to put the past to one side for a while and get behind the potential improvements. If we wait till Venkys leave or until we get back to the premier league or whatever, we help nobody.the team need our support. Lambert needs our support, and we need to support because it's part of who we are

Nor will I, if they can explain any positive effect this will have.Supporters ,support through thick and thin,self proclaimed martyrs do nothing to help the cause,PL is telling them that.

You seem to be on a crusade against any supporter who may not attend every game at the moment, Blackburn Rovers is a business, an entertainment business, like all other businesses if you hack off your customers they leave. The Rovers have to find ways of getting them back, slagging them off (the departed customers) won't do it.

Supporters see support differently though. You see I think blindly turning up week in, week out whatever happens at the club, is not support. Sometimes you have to make decisions about what is acceptable. Do you think the advisor guy, whoever he is, would have conveyed the same message to the Raos if Ewood had been over half full each week and the fans were singing Bowyers praises? I don't. I think saying enough is enough was a point that had to be reached by a significant number of people in order that change could take place. Equally I do not think harbouring grudges or waiting for guarantees is the way forward either. I think that changes have been made, changes which we all agree are good, so now is the time to put the past to one side for a while and get behind the potential improvements. If we wait till Venkys leave or until we get back to the premier league or whatever, we help nobody.the team need our support. Lambert needs our support, and we need to support because it's part of who we are

I respect your opinion on how to support a club,and wholly "support" your opinion on it's time to get behind the club.Entering Ewood is not condoning what has happened,it is supporting the club that is ours not Yenky's

You seem to be on a crusade against any supporter who may not attend every game at the moment, Blackburn Rovers is a business, an entertainment business, like all other businesses if you hack off your customers they leave. The Rovers have to find ways of getting them back, slagging them off (the departed customers) won't do it.

I am not attacking supporters who do not attend for many reasons ie financially,quality of product etc.However supporters who do not go simply because of Venky's,but would return if they left,seems to me cutting your nose off to spite your face.I fully admire the ex United fans making a stance and forming FC United.I admire the thousands of Portsmouth fans who turn up week in week out to support their team,regardless of the position they are in and I do not regard them as blindly supporting their team irrespective of their perilous position.

I am not attacking supporters who do not attend for many reasons ie financially,quality of product etc.However supporters who do not go simply because of Venky's,but would return if they left,seems to me cutting your nose off to spite your face.I fully admire the ex United fans making a stance and forming FC United.I admire the thousands of Portsmouth fans who turn up week in week out to support their team,regardless of the position they are in and I do not regard them as blindly supporting their team irrespective of their perilous position.

Contradicting yourself there, the manure fans left because the Glaziers are there and vowed never to return while they were, not only that, they started up a rival to boot !

Would you admire the stay away Rovers if they resurrected Blackburn Olympic ?

Contradicting yourself there, the manure fans left because the Glaziers are there and vowed never to return while they were, not only that, they started up a rival to boot !

Perhaps it can be construed as a contradiction.My point is that they reacted positively by going in a different direction,and I doubt if the Glazier's left tomorrow they would return.My beef is with alleged supporters,who always seem to have a perceived reason not to go to Ewood,self proclaimed martyrs.If the recent events cannot allow people to move forward then this is going to be a false dawn.PL has quickly assessed the situation and is rightly encouraging people to move on.

Perhaps it can be construed as a contradiction.My point is that they reacted positively by going in a different direction,and I doubt if the Glazier's left tomorrow they would return.My beef is with alleged supporters,who always seem to have a perceived reason not to go to Ewood,self proclaimed martyrs.If the recent events cannot allow people to move forward then this is going to be a false dawn.PL has quickly assessed the situation and is rightly encouraging people to move on.

Hope you are not in business

There's a subtle difference between supporting a business that provides a shoddy product and supporting a football club.In my honest opinion,obviously.

Slagging off potential customers ain't going to get them through the door, in any business

Potential customers will turn up as and when the product improves.But what will it take to get the missing ex regular supporters to bury the hatchet.

That's the million dollar question, it will be different for different people, the club/owners just have to work on it.

Trust is going to be a biggy though, IMO

That's the million dollar question, it will be different for different people, the club/owners just have to work on it.

Trust is going to be a biggy though, IMO

Who blinks first ,the missing supporters or the club.Surely the current situation must have given hope to the distrustful

Archived