BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo Lifted

Tom

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walk away then. If you can't move on you'll never get what you want out of Rovers now Abbey (until they go). Not enough time in life to focus on hate.

i wont let them drive me away you may be able to forgive but i sure as can't or wont. We are out of the emargo but WHO put us there in the first place.

i wont let them drive me away you may be able to forgive but i sure as can't or wont. We are out of the emargo but WHO put us there in the first place.

The FA or Football League...are they one and the same??

• Backroom

Be that as it may I would rather they stay and pay the bills than walk away now unless a saviour is out there

The phrase that sticks out for me is ''Owners agreeing and implementing a loan conversion agreement''

Hopefully this means converting the Rovers debt into share capital - effectively writing off the debt.

Always hopefully with Venkys but hard to see what else it could mean. The ridiculous thing is that that solution has been available all along.

Great news, of course, and at last Venky's (or whoever is now advising them) seem to be now doing what we wanted all along- i.e. experienced appointments and steady injections of cash for players (possibly, lets see what January brings).

However, this last 5 years has had a decimating impact on the club, our hard fought for place at the top table and thousands upon thousands of fans lost and a hell of a battle to even get close to being where we were in 2010.

Light at the end of a very dark tunnel, but oh what a waste.

Blimey.. New adviser comes in.. then bang, GB dismissed, a new class of manager hired, debt moved, embargo lifted all in a matter of weeks.. Also reckon from Lamberts comments that we will have a few quid available in January for signings ("we won't be able to do massive millions")

Does anyone know who the new adviser is? Could not see a specific thread on it, but would like to buy the muppet a beer.

Lambert on the Embargo lifted

https://audioboom.com/boos/3901441-l

Think there was a very telling slip in there. About sides coming down next year who have big financial clout. I'd hazard a guess that Lambert has seen enough to suggest it's beyond us this year. Can't say I blame him. I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand, but I think it's only natural to plan for next year.

so venkys have had nothing to with what happened? ok.. :huh:

It's their money that they weed away on rubbish. Them and their decisions were the catalyst for the relegation if that's what you mean but if these rules were in place when we were relegated under Jack, we would have still been running at a massive loss (having to pay for Christian Dailly, Nathan Blake etc) and most likely subjected to these daft rules.

Great news, remember Steve Clarke and Chris Hughton weren't instant successes at Reading and Brighton but look at them this season. Really looking forward too next season already! Long way to go in this one yet but I think it will be too big an ask for us to go up this year. Big news nonetheless

I don't think Lambert would have come in if he didn't have concrete assurances we'd be out of the embargo by January. Good to hear it's been done early.

So much for Shaw telling us we needed to sell one more player. Clearly not.

Looks like Venky's had someone a bit brighter than Shelfy look into it.

The more I listen to him the more I like him. Love the way he says Bowyer did a good job and then implies he did not do so well, hiding behind excuses. Liking where this is going but as he.says we still have to win football matches.

That is such a sea change away from the previous we have to try not to loose games, long may it continue

That is such a sea change away from the previous we have to try not to loose games, long may it continue

I don't mean to disagree for the sake of argument yoda. But I did think Lamberts post match comments last weekend would have drawn criticism if they'd been uttered by Bowyer. If you can't win then don't lose would have been received very badly three weeks ago.

But with lambert you get the impression it's said to protect what's still quite a fragile group. I'd bet my bottom dollar the very least that happened was he sat them down and highlighted how that single point could have and should have been three. Whereas you always felt bowyer may have said it to the press and then repeated it to the players come Monday morning in training.

I think Lambert means it when he thanks bowyer for his work here. And I think it's very important we don't forget it ourselves. But it's refreshing to hear the undertones that we should be better. If not in quality then in heart and desire.

I don't mean to disagree for the sake of argument yoda. But I did think Lamberts post match comments last weekend would have drawn criticism if they'd been uttered by Bowyer. If you can't win then don't lose would have been received very badly three weeks ago.

But with lambert you get the impression it's said to protect what's still quite a fragile group. I'd bet my bottom dollar the very least that happened was he sat them down and highlighted how that single point could have and should have been three. Whereas you always felt bowyer may have said it to the press and then repeated it to the players come Monday morning in training.

I think Lambert means it when he thanks bowyer for his work here. And I think it's very important we don't forget it ourselves. But it's refreshing to hear the undertones that we should be better. If not in quality then in heart and desire.

I think you agreed ! (PL wants to win, GB wanted not to loose)

Any way back to the fun, New "Manager" in place, FFP lifted, you know what is coming next,

VENKY'S EXPRESS

:D

I think you agreed ! (PL wants to win, GB wanted not to loose)

Any way back to the fun, New "Manager" in place, FFP lifted, you know what is coming next,

VENKY'S EXPRESS

:D

I did absolutely yoda. But my point was it's less what he says. More what he does. I'm as excited as anyone else by his appointment. But it is important to appreciate the job Bowyer did. It essentially got us to the point where we can appoint a manager of Lamberts ilk. It's the first forward step we've made in five years.

Off topic. Apologies.

• Backroom

Looks like Venky's had someone a bit brighter than Shelfy look into it.

So what is Shaw now, a glorified admin monkey? If Venky's are looking to trim costs they might want to look at what they're getting for Mr Shaw's salary. On current evidence, not a great deal beyond signing bad contracts and failing to understand the financial situation we've been in.

Archived