BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo Lifted

Tom

• Moderation Lead

Whilst we are finally out of the embargo and we have a new manager again, and that's great. Lest we forget, if they'd not meddled so much in the first place, neither would have been necessary and there wouldn't have been 5 and a half years of sh1te!

All of that being said, I'm feeling a lot better about rovers these days, so long may that continue.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Loans with indeterminate end dates are usually considered as being payable within a year when composing accounts - maybe these were included in the calculations...

Hate being told that Rovers are "an entertainment business" - it is a football club. Understand the point about "the product" but i don't look at the table to decide which team i will watch that week because they are the most entertaining...

Must be old fashioned...

In my opinion Venkys have stuck around and appear to be financing the putting right of their mistakes.

I am not saying we weren't better off before those mistakes, or that the last 5 years haven't been horrible.

But I respect people who stick around and put right their mistakes. They could have put the club into administration years ago and it would have been cheaper for them and less hassle, but they didn't.

In my opinion Venkys have stuck around and appear to be financing the putting right of their mistakes.

I am not saying we weren't better off before those mistakes, or that the last 5 years haven't been horrible.

But I respect people who stick around and put right their mistakes. They could have put the club into administration years ago and it would have been cheaper for them and less hassle, but they didn't.

Absolutely, so do I, but there is quite a way to go yet.

What I just don't get is their total refusal to listen to any of the genuine stakeholders.

After that Wolves game, I hoped( OMG I even told my kids) surely they must have learned from this near miss. Then, we started the next season with an even worse team, which they proceeded to weaken further ( Emerton/Salgado etc)

Obviously, it didn't end there...but even after relegation, what did they do?... Enter Shebby, the clown, to sort it all out!

So for the above and other reasons- too many to list- I just do not feel able to berate supporters, who still mistrust, who have "refused to move on." etc..

These are normal responses to a whole range of behaviours that were far from acceptable.

Yeah! There's still time for the Wagon Wheels to fall off!

They are already off, we have been macarooned for 5 years.

The task is putting them back on, even though the embargo has been lifted the room for manoeuvre is wafer thin

NOT linked or anything but I think we'd benefit from having Jon Walters in on loan. I know about his past here but alongside pace, he's what we need for Rhodes to feed off.

I doubt that Stoke would give us one of their best players

I still have a ticket stub bought off 'johnny' Walters scouser pals(on Bolton road) for a game against Everton that allegedly led to Walters sacking from the academy. I paid a tenner for it. :)

Didn't he, amongst other things, allegedly steal Craig Hignett's watch from a changing room?

There is one piece of dealing with Kean which if true is in the realms of utterly unforgiveable.

Otherwise, the precipitous fall of Rovers remains in the realms of Venky's being exploited by seriously mendacious people who cannot be named followed by crazy appointments and total mismanagement to the extent of allowing a gone rogue Chairman and Shabby free range to mess up and run their competing camps.

For the first time, Venky's have chosen someone and trusted him to deliver advice and have received seriously sound advice about all aspects of BRFC.

We are seeing the benefits in this in the wholesale changing out of the football management and the marginalisation of Shaw on FFP.

For all their failures (including completely wrecking the club's finances after Mrs D had righted them), Venky's are using their wealth to keep Rovers going despite the phenomenal financial losses and have taken a substantial hit in terms of how the Indian bank loans are probably structured to give Paul Lambert a fighting chance going forward.

I do think they will be around to bankroll us next season if we don't go up this season and I think the relegated clubs are likely to be in too big a mess to be able to recover from relegation (the disorganisation of Villa and Newcastle have been a long term project and don't auger for immediate bounce back if they come down) so that is not the reason to want immediate promotion this season. A minimum income of £100m is a very good reason to want the earliest possible promotion plus seeing the sort of players the top clubs are likely to sign this summer gracing Ewood...

From what I heard there's more than one piece of double dealing from that swine. But relegating the club at the second attempt when he clearly knew it would happen then sticking around stinking the place out whilst knowing his presence was weighing the whole club down, knowing most wanted him out is more than enough for me to curse that king rat for the rest of his days.

Archived