BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfer Embargo Lifted

Tom

Said all along that there would be more to us being in the embargo than meets the naked eye. Those implementing it and asking the questions and checking the answers would know more our debt issues etc than what's in public. Nixon was also on about a new way to structure the debt recently when he broke this on the radio.

Obviously along with the wage cutting, sales, new FFP rules kicking in and now restructuring of some debt it has given them enough piece of mind to lift it. They must have had some real concern before though and maybe felt that it was the only way Venkys would finally get their house in order.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't mean to disagree for the sake of argument yoda. But I did think Lamberts post match comments last weekend would have drawn criticism if they'd been uttered by Bowyer. If you can't win then don't lose would have been received very badly three weeks ago.

But with lambert you get the impression it's said to protect what's still quite a fragile group. I'd bet my bottom dollar the very least that happened was he sat them down and highlighted how that single point could have and should have been three. Whereas you always felt bowyer may have said it to the press and then repeated it to the players come Monday morning in training.

I think Lambert means it when he thanks bowyer for his work here. And I think it's very important we don't forget it ourselves. But it's refreshing to hear the undertones that we should be better. If not in quality then in heart and desire.

Difference being you would not have heard the word win in GB post match. Just bleating anout right good goes, how good Seff Wed are, how much they spent, how we can't spend. And so on and so forth.

I don't mean to disagree for the sake of argument yoda. But I did think Lamberts post match comments last weekend would have drawn criticism if they'd been uttered by Bowyer. If you can't win then don't lose would have been received very badly three weeks ago.

But with lambert you get the impression it's said to protect what's still quite a fragile group. I'd bet my bottom dollar the very least that happened was he sat them down and highlighted how that single point could have and should have been three. Whereas you always felt bowyer may have said it to the press and then repeated it to the players come Monday morning in training.

I think Lambert means it when he thanks bowyer for his work here. And I think it's very important we don't forget it ourselves. But it's refreshing to hear the undertones that we should be better. If not in quality then in heart and desire.

Good post PV, I think the biggest difference between GB and PL is ambition. I get the impression PL will back his players in public, but not accept those same errors behind closed doors. I think GB wanted to do well, I think with PL its a desire. Id agree it comes down to results at the end of the day, but it certainly is nice to feel like there there is genuine direction, and a willingness not to hide behind excuses for lack of results. Souness had many flaws as a manager, but by god he would do anything to win, that's all I want, ambition.

In my view Bowyer had the draw as Plan A and win as Plan B, whereas Lambert has the opposite idea. This league has a recent history of promoting those with the latter attitude.

Bringing on an attacking sub in injury time when drawing a match, for instance. One wouldn't and didn't. The other would and did.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14123108.Paul_Lambert__Removal_of_embargo_massive_step_forward_in_rebuilding_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

Interesting comments from PL re the owners:-

Rightly or wrongly they’ve been criticised but I think now’s the time to say, ‘hang on a minute, they deserve credit for this’.

“That bad feeling, it doesn’t do anyone any good. It doesn’t help the supporters, it doesn’t help the players, it doesn’t help the owners, and it doesn’t help the football club in general.”

Seems fair enough!

Can anyone categorically state the reason why we've come out of the embargo?

I've read several articles from different sources and nobody seems to explain why, how, shares has been mentioned but that could be nothing more than a PR exercise.

Shaw wasn't able to provide details himself not to long ago, now somehow we're out of embargo, which I'm happy about by the way, but 5yrs of mismanagement has me suspicious.

Just asking, not trying to create a smoking gun.

In my view Bowyer had the draw as Plan A and win as Plan B, whereas Lambert has the opposite idea. This league has a recent history of promoting those with the latter attitude.

Bringing on an attacking sub in injury time when drawing a match, for instance. One wouldn't and didn't. The other would and did.

did PL not make some 'negative' subs at the weekend, taking off attacking players and sitting back to try and hold on to the lead...like Bowyer was often accused of doing?

Can anyone categorically state the reason why we've come out of the embargo?

I've read several articles from different sources and nobody seems to explain why, how, shares has been mentioned but that could be nothing more than a PR exercise.

Shaw wasn't able to provide details himself not to long ago, now somehow we're out of embargo, which I'm happy about by the way, but 5yrs of mismanagement has me suspicious.

Just asking, not trying to create a smoking gun.

This is from todays LT:-

Cost savings and summer player sales, which brought in more than £10m, put Rovers in a position to have their embargo lifted.

It would have been lifted earlier had the club accepted £10m-plus bids for Jordan Rhodes.

However Venky’s refused to countenance cashing in on their star striker.

Instead Rovers’ owners have agreed to a loan conversion that will see them write off millions of pounds in order for the club to come out of the embargo.

Can't say i know much about loan conversions but it seems to be what other clubs have done to escape the embargo.

• Backroom

Does the loan conversion (writing off debt) count as profit, perhaps?

Ie: £1m loan (debt owed) converted into shares (no debt). To get from debt to no debt, that's an increase in turnover to the tune of that amount, isn't it?

I'm not really sure of the profit and loss implications but it makes the balance sheet look much better, I suppose it's down to how the debt was being accounted for and any tax implications. As the club no longer owes that debt to the Venkys the only way of recovering their investment is to sell, float or big share dividends, that last one being illegal I think and no way is the club a viable stock market offering. In my humble opinion it's a promising move. Of course we don't know the figures yet.

• Backroom

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/14123108.Paul_Lambert__Removal_of_embargo_massive_step_forward_in_rebuilding_Blackburn_Rovers/?ref=mac

Interesting comments from PL re the owners:-

Rightly or wrongly they’ve been criticised but I think now’s the time to say, ‘hang on a minute, they deserve credit for this’.

“That bad feeling, it doesn’t do anyone any good. It doesn’t help the supporters, it doesn’t help the players, it doesn’t help the owners, and it doesn’t help the football club in general.”

Seems fair enough!

I don't see why they deserve to be credited with anything as it was a situation entirely of their own making. The fans certainly don't owe them any words of thanks, though maybe PL does.

That said, he's right that bad feelings don't get anybody anywhere. For the first time during their tenure they've appointed a proper manager and appear to have made a financial decision beneficial to the club. It's a start and something we can finally get behind. Lambert perhaps doesn't understand the scale of what's gone on here, and the amount of fans that have been lost forever after being shown total disrespect by the club over the past few years. Fans won't come flocking back on the basis of a couple of good decisions. For a lot of people there will need to be some sustained success before they consider returning, and some simply never will. That's the legacy Venky's have created, and why they deserve very little credit for bailing some of the water out of our sinking ship.

CHANGES NOWT! NEVER FORGIVE OR FORGET !!

VENKYSCUM OUT THE PAIN THEY HAVE CAUSED IS UNFORGIVIBLE..

Yes the manager and Rhodes is the only good from them the rest is hurt and pain.

.....like a broken record. We're not going to Pleasy, SO CLEAR OFF YOU BORING OLD GIT!

I don't see why they deserve to be credited with anything as it was a situation entirely of their own making. The fans certainly don't owe them any words of thanks, though maybe PL does.

That said, he's right that bad feelings don't get anybody anywhere. For the first time during their tenure they've appointed a proper manager and appear to have made a financial decision beneficial to the club. It's a start and something we can finally get behind. Lambert perhaps doesn't understand the scale of what's gone on here, and the amount of fans that have been lost forever after being shown total disrespect by the club over the past few years. Fans won't come flocking back on the basis of a couple of good decisions. For a lot of people there will need to be some sustained success before they consider returning, and some simply never will. That's the legacy Venky's have created, and why they deserve very little credit for bailing some of the water out of our sinking ship.

I agree and that was the bit i meant that seemed 'fair enough'.

From next season the rules change, losses will be taken over a 3 year period and increase to 13million per season meaning we can give it a 'right good go' for 3 seasons before we'd be in the @#/? again!

More likely that our previous losses over the last 3 years (or the last 2, which will be added to this coming one) will put is straight back in the embargo.

Well said. It's up to Venky's to fix what they broke, all legalities aside, the club belongs to us so why would the fans stand by and commend them?

It's like Venky's coming into your living room, taking a dump on your pristine carpet and then deciding to bust out the vanish...

Well said. It's up to Venky's to fix what they broke, all legalities aside, the club belongs to us so why would the fans stand by and commend them?

It's like Venky's coming into your living room, taking a dump on your pristine carpet and then deciding to bust out the vanish...

Trouble is no matter what they do to clean the mess the smell will always linger....................

These people have destroyed businesses, families and the hopes and dreams of a generation.

We should never forget and never forgive.

Sadly it seems a few think appointing a new manager is enough to grant them the freedom of the Town, and that's not really aimed at anyone on here before I get jumped on.

Archived