BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton At Home

If they are gonna down tools, lump the same balls in the same way for 90 mins, what do they expect?

Fans are human- they pay to be entertained. If it's not good football, then it's results.

We are giving then literally nothing but pain atm.

I agree. But curiously you didn't bring this up when the last manager's side was serving up dross

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. But curiously you didn't bring this up when the last manager's side was serving up dross

Different context. Surely you can see that and whilst I don't really want to keep going over and over the same old ground, I can't remember a GB side scoring one goal from open play in 10 games or looking so disinterested and laborious. That's not saying I didn't see us play poor under GB either.

It's a different measure of expectation but the threat of what Venkys might do next is still impossible to ignore.

The best outcome for all is PL gets these lot playing to their maximum, so if any money for improvements comes along we won't need an ovherhaul, just specific areas to strengthen.

Different context. Surely you can see that and whilst I don't really want to keep going over and over the same old ground, I can't remember a GB side scoring one goal from open play in 10 games or looking so disinterested and laborious. That's not saying I didn't see us play poor under GB either.

It's a different measure of expectation but the threat of what Venkys might do next is still impossible to ignore.

The best outcome for all is PL gets these lot playing to their maximum, so if any money for improvements comes along we won't need an ovherhaul, just specific areas to strengthen.

expectation was Bowyer saying we were getting into this years play offs or top two ,which he again backed up at the Q&A.

I'm bored of talking about GB and I'm sure everyone is bored of reading the same crap.

I'll bite one more time, GB was an over promoted coach and PL is an experienced manager. If you don't have naturally a different level of expectation with either then that's fair enough but I do and did.

expectation was Bowyer saying we were getting into this years play offs or top two ,which he again backed up at the Q&A.

That's fair enough but based on each other's individual merits id expect more from PL. Besides it's the owners who set expectation level and hiring PL and co has clearly raised the bar.

• Moderation Lead

There's increased expectation ultimately for sure, but reading too much into how we're playing (admittedly it has been very poor of late) so soon is mischievous imo.

Second time today you've used this 'context' word.

Seems as though you had very low expectations of Bowyer and very high ones of Lambert. But then it doesn't really make sense that you continually defended keeping Bowyer as manager.

That said, I agree that expectations have been raised but we need to give Lambert time to put his mark on the team, and on the club. If we don't then we will be back into a vicious cycle of trying to start again from scratch.

If you believe that any manager, even Mourinho, could come in and turn this team into promotion candidates - without personnel changes - then I'm sorry but you are setting yourself (and that manager) up for disappointment. We blew our best chance of the play-offs two seasons ago by backing the wrong man. The consequence of that is that we now have to give the right man time.

There are some on here that would have binned Souness and Hughes after 10 games though so you are in good company.

There's increased expectation ultimately for sure, but reading too much into how we're playing (admittedly it has been very poor of late) so soon is mischievous imo.

Another who seems to think an opinion which doesn't suit your own must be a wind up. The irony that Toppers would call you biased.

• Moderation Lead

Another who seems to think an opinion which doesn't suit your own must be a wind up. The irony that Toppers would call you biased.

Behave yourself Joe! I've admitted performances have been poor, but really, are we judging managers after 13 games now, have we learnt nothing? Sorry, but a lot of people seemingly can't wait to put the boot into Lambert so soon to justify their stances on Bowyer.

Second time today you've used this 'context' word.

Seems as though you had very low expectations of Bowyer and very high ones of Lambert. But then it doesn't really make sense that you continually defended keeping Bowyer as manager.

It's always defend or attack... I pointed out the likelihood of appointing someone experienced is low and I was wrong. Who cares in hindsight.

Why is it mischievous to point out PL has essentially sent us backwards after 10 games? I'm not the only one who sees a team reverting to terrible one dimensional tactics which don't suit the players and a squad who can't be assed.

It's a different context to a scenario where a the man tasked with the job is an ex youth coach without the credentials

Behave yourself Joe! I've admitted performances have been poor, but really, are we judging managers after 13 games now, have we learnt nothing? Sorry, but a lot of people seemingly can't wait to put the boot into Lambert so soon to justify their stances on Bowyer.

Nobody is judging the manager on what he's done so far, only criticising what's happened. I'm not at least, can't speak for others. Judging comes after much longer time.

Anyone who thinks I'm advocating a change right now is just not reading my posts full stop. You went to Bolton, you've seen the gutless performances we are serving up so why on earth is it "mischievous" to point it out.

You know I've been critical of GB, but just because I could never advocate sacking him without things being sorted above doesn't mean "I'm defending" or trying to justify my stance as a "defender".

It's just made up pathetic childish stuff that you and another moderator said today, and I'm still waiting for Tom to remove the previous one in the PL thread or edit it to suit.

Play the sodding ball, not the man for Christ sake. The context is completely different to the first 10 games of any other managers reign at Ewood.

It's always defend or attack... I pointed out the likelihood of appointing someone experienced is low and I was wrong. Who cares in hindsight.

Why is it mischievous to point out PL has essentially sent us backwards after 10 games? I'm not the only one who sees a team reverting to terrible one dimensional tactics which don't suit the players and a squad who can't be assed.

It's a different context to a scenario where a the man tasked with the job is an ex youth coach without the credentials

It just makes no sense to champion an ex youth coach without the credentials as manager of our football club, then to dismiss a manager who does have credentials because the latter is having to deal with the damage caused by the former.

Yet it seems that you'd rather we'd have continued with Bowyer? Or is it that you just don't think Lambert has the qualities to build a better side? His track record suggests otherwise. Personally I think we are very lucky to have him and having finally turned a corner would rather that he gets the players to catch up than start again.

If player power from this bunch gets rid of Lambert then we really are doomed. We need to get rid of bad blood as much as we need new blood.

Who lasted three seasons ..you nailed it there.

Should have been fired off long time ago. Now Lambert (who has as many wins as Bowyer this season) is being judged after ten games with a squad a youth coach has put together via 30 plus players coming in and still did' nt look a football side who could win a game ..?

Bowyer 3 wins in 17 ..Lambert 3 wins in ten ..could be argued Lambert is saving us from relegation after such a @#/? poor start (again) from Bowyer ..?

Who lasted three seasons ..you nailed it there.

Should have been fired off long time ago. Now Lambert (who has as many wins as Bowyer this season) is being judged after ten games with a squad a youth coach has put together via 30 plus players coming in and still did' nt look a football side who could win a game ..?

Bowyer 3 wins in 17 ..Lambert 3 wins in ten ..could be argued Lambert is saving us from relegation after such a @#/? poor start (again) from Bowyer ..?

I genuinely believe there are some people gleefully watching the "3 wins in..." stat get longer so that they can say we should never have replaced Bowyer. It's no wonder there is a malaise!

1. It just makes no sense to champion an ex youth coach without the credentials as manager of our football club, then to dismiss a manager who does have credentials because the latter is having to deal with the damage caused by the former.

2. Yet it seems that you'd rather we'd have continued with Bowyer? Or is it that you just don't think Lambert has the qualities to build a better side? His track record suggests otherwise. Personally I think we are very lucky to have him and having finally turned a corner would rather that he gets the players to catch up than start again.

3. If player power from this bunch gets rid of Lambert then we really are doomed. We need to get rid of bad blood as much as we need new blood.

1. Never championed GB but consistently felt Venkys would make things worse. Paint history in any colour you want Stu, but that doesn't change what I actually said. I never once said GB was the only man for the job.

2. I was chuffed with the decision as I've said multiple times yet keep saying otherwise. I've also said I have faith in PL but it seems that criticising the crap served up so far is not allowed. I'm in no doubt that the best scenario is PL sorts this out. The difference he can make without proper support? Well that will tell us how good he is because more Simeons and Elliott's aren't going to improve the quality in the squad by much.

3. The buck stops with PL and it won't be the players it will be the manager who's lost them ultimately. We paid off all the previous "bad blood" and replaced them at a fraction of the cost. To pay these lot off and replace again at fraction of a fraction of a cost... Makes my bones shudder.

We need PL to get these lads playing, end of conversation.

I genuinely believe there are some people gleefully watching the "3 wins in..." stat get longer so that they can say we should never have replaced Bowyer. It's no wonder there is a malaise!

Its a joke that after three years in charge with someone who brought in 30 players,played them all out of position,happy with a draw, accused the fans of being out of order when vocal , yet some guy who s just come in ,with said players is suddenly under pressure after after ten games ?

1. Never championed GB but consistently felt Venkys would make things worse. Paint history in any colour you want Stu, but that doesn't change what I actually said. I never once said GB was the only man for the job.

2. I was chuffed with the decision as I've said multiple times yet keep saying otherwise. I've also said I have faith in PL but it seems that criticising the crap served up so far is not allowed. I'm in no doubt that the best scenario is PL sorts this out. The difference he can make without proper support? Well that will tell us how good he is because more Simeons and Elliott's aren't going to improve the quality in the squad by much.

3. The buck stops with PL and it won't be the players it will be the manager who's lost them ultimately. We paid off all the previous "bad blood" and replaced them at a fraction of the cost. To pay these lot off and replace again at fraction of a fraction of a cost... Makes my bones shudder.

We need PL to get these lads playing, end of conversation.

the manager who has lost them ...?get real ...

PL is coming in picking up the pieces from a half hearted attempt at management where players do as they please whilst having an easy ride.

Im damn sure if PL was allowed to bring in over 30 players we d soon see a difference.

All hail GB ..

Read the post again, Stuart said something along lines of "if players get pl the sack" I said if that happens it will be "pl losing the players".

If you're not gonna read what you are quoting, why bother replying.

Read the post again, Stuart said something along lines of "if players get pl the sack" I said if that happens it will be "pl losing the players".

If you're not gonna read what you are quoting, why bother replying.

Bowyer 3 wins in 17 ..relegation candidates...

Lambert 3 wins in 10 trying to halt the slump ??

So Jbizzle you have a manager who after three years of shaping his 11 has only won 3 in 17 who with those figures over a season would have taken us down,three years restricted shaping of the team but none the less was allowed to bring in who he wanted who was better than we had .

Meanwhile ...the new guy has to come in,work with players hes inherited and within ten games change everything ?

Bloody hell....we win 3 matches quickly and then the whole thing falls apart!

One is inclined to ask what is happening. You cannot change all the players. We seem to have a trio of experienced Managers/Coaches and the push for a play-off place has gone into reverse.

Sherlock Holmes would say mis-management,whatever the CVs of the trio.

And the two players he has brought in are not going to stop the 'wet rot'.

The old Reserve matches were more enjoyable than this fall off the cliff.

Bloody hell....we win 3 matches quickly and then the whole thing falls apart!

One is inclined to ask what is happening. You cannot change all the players. We seem to have a trio of experienced Managers/Coaches and the push for a play-off place has gone into reverse.

Sherlock Holmes would say mis-management,whatever the CVs of the trio.

And the two players he has brought in are not going to stop the 'wet rot'.

The old Reserve matches were more enjoyable than this fall off the cliff.

and the previous 17 games ..? why not change all the players ? GB virtually did ..

Meanwhile ...the new guy has to come in,work with players hes inherited and within ten games change everything ?

I haven't seen one post advocating changing PL. if there are, then apologies but you won't catch me saying it.

Potayto potahto.

If PL needs the team to play a certain way to be successful in this division, and expects a level of professionalism and fitness, then is that "PL losing the players" if they don't? And are they the kind of players we should be putting our faith in - and bringing in yet another manager to work with them?

This club has proven losers on the pitch and a proven winner in the dugout. If he "loses the players" as you put it, by doing things his way, then they're better off lost.

Archived