BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton At Home

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

After Tuesday Brown has to start the decision would be who starts with him, Rhodes and Lawrence have both been terrible (and not just through lack of service) but we know Rhodes can and will score so has to be Rhodes really.

what would everybody team been for this game?

My team would be:-

Steele

Marshall Lenihan Hanley Spurr

Bennett Evans Akpan Conway

Rhodes Brown

Same as but with a new on loan guy next to Hanley hopefully otherwise it'll spell trouble for sure. I'd like to see Lenihan introduced to that position slowly if poss, if we were midtable I'd say yeah give him a run but things could be ropey at the min.

Anyway I sense a win here for some reason, surely if we score earlyish and get our tails up we can spank someone.

Rovers 3 Seagulls 1

Hanley, Rhodes, Browny !

If Brown does start he'll burn himself out not having played full 90 mins for ages. But I'd go with that because the same as isn't working.

I'd agree with that and he does seem better in little late cameos. He doesn't seem one to have the stamina for 90 mins at the best of times so a sub appearance in the second half if things aren't going well is prob the best way. Like you say though we need to change things and if we are going direct from the off it makes no sense to have your barn door on the bench.

Down for the weekend from tomorrow so a shorter trip to Ewood than normal for me thankfully. I would start with Brown and Rhodes up front purely because going direct is our best option for a decent start, given the dearth of quality in the midfield.

See you in Blues Bar!

COYB!!!

We obviously want to play very directly, hoofing the ball up to a trio Bennett, Rhodes and Lawrence led to 66 minutes of abhorrent, embarrassing football last time out. I have no qualms about hoofball, you play with the hand you've been dealt in our financial peril but all I ask is that we use the (few) players we have to accommodate that style so Brown has to start. We have barely scored under lambert so we have to try something, I'm not saying Brown will score but there is a better chance of retaining possession and a ball dropping for us than punting up to 3 small players like Tuesday.

Fitness wise he won't last but him roughing Brighton up for 60 mins then a fresh Lawrence coming deep to get the ball and run at a tiring team may well work.

I don't wish Duffy wrong, I think him and Hanley as a partnership have actually been one of very few positives this season but I do want to see how a game goes without him clearing out our corners for the opposition and having somebody who doesn't play the mindless hacks forward that 80% of the paying crowd could effectively replicate.

what would everybody team been for this game?

My team would be:-

Steele

Marshall Lenihan Hanley Spurr

Bennett Evans Akpan Conway

Rhodes Brown

Same as really unless we get a new CB in even then I would be reluctant to throw them straight in, I think this will be tight Brighton are on a poor run and we usually really obliging to those team!, as long as we don't give a silly goal away. Its a hughton team so they aren't going to come and attack us so if we can score early I can see us just nicking it 1 - 0 or maybe 2 - 1

Attendance 12375

Heading up for this one so for those contemplating going, I wouldn't, as Rovers' record when I'm at Ewood is pathetic - we haven't won in the last 7 or so attempts that I've been.

Put your house on a 0-0 or a 0-1. We've scored 2 in the last 6 and they've scored 0 in the last 6. Thriller it will not be.

As high as Brighton are in the league I will be disappointed if we don't get at them and scrape the three points as they are on poor form haven't scored in awhile

Although our form is poor we are not getting batterd and only losing by the odd goal..hoping the new boys can add that extra oomph and we win

Heading up for this one so for those contemplating going, I wouldn't, as Rovers' record when I'm at Ewood is pathetic - we haven't won in the last 7 or so attempts that I've been.

Put your house on a 0-0 or a 0-1. We've scored 2 in the last 6 and they've scored 0 in the last 6. Thriller it will not be.

2 goals combined in the 12 games the teams have played.

This has all the hallmarks of a bonkers 3-3 draw

Archived