BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brighton At Home

and the previous 17 games ..? why not change all the players ? GB virtually did ..

You might change them over two or three years...but you have to work with the squad and move to a Plan B.

Only Gordon Lee did this(over a Summer) and succeeded -even Kenny kept most of the team to begin with.

The previous 17 games were better than the last 5. Surely you see that. Bolton(Away) one of the worst of the decade.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

and the previous 17 games ..? why not change all the players ? GB virtually did ..

You might change them over two or three years...but you have to work with the squad and move to a Plan B.

Only Gordon Lee did this(over a Summer) and succeeded -even Kenny kept most of the team to begin with.

The previous 17 games were better than the last 5. Surely you see that. Bolton(Away) one of the worst of the decade.

Performance wise yes. But at the moment performances may just have to take a back seat.This team was floundering after nearly a third of the season points wise we needed points not so much performances.

Exactly over two or three seasons..yet people are crying out for a major upturn with the players inherited after ten games .Thats not happening with this lot ..

Potayto potahto.

If PL needs the team to play a certain way to be successful in this division, and expects a level of professionalism and fitness, then is that "PL losing the players" if they don't? And are they the kind of players we should be putting our faith in - and bringing in yet another manager to work with them?

This club has proven losers on the pitch and a proven winner in the dugout. If he "loses the players" as you put it, by doing things his way, then they're better off lost.

If Lambert and Co can't sort out this mess then I'd say nobody can and we're f-- ked. Who else is there that we can get in that would do better with this group of players ? Let's hope Venkies have more patience than some of our fans.

If Lambert and Co can't sort out this mess then I'd say nobody can and we're f-- ked. Who else is there that we can get in that would do better with this group of players ? Let's hope Venkies have more patience than some of our fans.

Precisely. I've a lot more faith in Lambert and Irvine than I have in Venkys. (Noting the irony of my own post).

Precisely. I've a lot more faith in Lambert and Irvine than I have in Venkys. (Noting the irony of my own post).

That's where I've been for years 'cept I never felt they'd go so far as even getting a proper manager.

The irony is they've actually done their part this time, it's up to the staff. I was hoping for a better start from our only "manager" in 5 years. In no way is the general criticism a judgement on his overall abilities or suitability!

Chaddy said January 17 - I'd be inclined to say May 18 before we can truly judge but that would still be taking into account any hindrance from having his hands tied financially.

He will need to improve results ASAP if he wants to get that time though, rightly or wrongly.

Archived