BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Disabled Supporters

Does anybody know what facilities are available for fans such as me who are temporarily (I hope) unable to attend due to walking difficulties.

I have a friend who will take me in his car to the ground and pick me up after the match Also the ground staff will take me up to the Jack Walker Upper concourse but the difficulty comes getting up the steps to my seat and at the end of the match the steps from my seat to the concourse are just too big to manage.

There must be others who have a similar problem and I would be pleased if someone can tell me what facilities are available to me. I have a season ticket but have not been able to attend for months. Any help would be appreciated.

The problem is Kidney failure for which I have dialysis and my mobility is improving very slowly.

Some time ago my brother had a partial knee replacement (he was on elbow crutches) and at that time we sat in the Family Stand. There were far too many stairs to negotiate and I think there was some H&S issue should there be an evacuation. The club allowed him to temporarily transfer to the Jack Walker Lower and this allowed him to get to a seat in relative ease.

Thanks guys. I rang the club and they asked me to call round next week and they will show me some suitable seats. They are also giving a permit to my friend so that he can pick me up and drop me right at the ground. They were really brilliant. Kudos to the club for that, They couldn't do enough for me. Thank you.

Thanks guys. I rang the club and they asked me to call round next week and they will show me some suitable seats. They are also giving a permit to my friend so that he can pick me up and drop me right at the ground. They were really brilliant. Kudos to the club for that, They couldn't do enough for me. Thank you.

That's great to hear Al , glad they've helped you out .Well done Rovers

Thanks for letting us know Al. Good to know there is still a beating heart at Ewood.

• Backroom

Happy for you that it's sorted and good to know the club cares.

• Backroom

Hope you are on the mend Al.

Got to say there's some really good people still working at Ewood, glad they are trying to help.

Probably not an option but there is a lift up to the family stand, if you could get a seat next to one of the entrances from the concourse I would be happy to meet you to offer support to lean on with the few steps up / down. Hopefully they can offer you a good seat lower tier of the JW though as close to one of the concourse entrances as possible although I imagine there is also a corner entrance for the wheelchair users.

Hope you are on the mend Al.

Got to say there's some really good people still working at Ewood, glad they are trying to help.

Probably not an option but there is a lift up to the family stand, if you could get a seat next to one of the entrances from the concourse I would be happy to meet you to offer support to lean on with the few steps up / down. Hopefully they can offer you a good seat lower tier of the JW though as close to one of the concourse entrances as possible although I imagine there is also a corner entrance for the wheelchair users.

THey are going to show me several seats and I can choose my own. Thanks Tom.

I've some experience of this both with my son and observing those with mobility issues around us. The man next but one to me has severe walking difficulty as do several others.

Most of what I was going to say has been covered. Two things though.

The disabled exit between the JWL and BBE is excellent for exiting the ground. I've never tried to go in that way so don't know if it's possible.

Arriving early and leaving late are a good solution but keep one other thing in mind. The gentleman next but one to me has significant walking AND standing difficulty. During the match it's difficult for him to get up and down to let pass those who constantly move in and out. My son has a similar though less pronounced issue with this. Our solution has been to have an end of row seat so Tom simply swings his legs towards the aisle to let people in or out.

Rovers even go to the trouble of giving us end of row seats for most away matches.

I've some experience of this both with my son and observing those with mobility issues around us. The man next but one to me has severe walking difficulty as do several others.

Most of what I was going to say has been covered. Two things though.

The disabled exit between the JWL and BBE is excellent for exiting the ground. I've never tried to go in that way so don't know if it's possible.

Arriving early and leaving late are a good solution but keep one other thing in mind. The gentleman next but one to me has significant walking AND standing difficulty. During the match it's difficult for him to get up and down to let pass those who constantly move in and out. My son has a similar though less pronounced issue with this. Our solution has been to have an end of row seat so Tom simply swings his legs towards the aisle to let people in or out.

Rovers even go to the trouble of giving us end of row seats for most away matches.

Oh that's good didn't think you could specifically request that for away games. Not that I'm disabled (or fat) but I do prefer an end of row seat. Course some people just sit where they want anyway like the person who took my seat last night.

Archived