BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the working class northern English came out in numbers, some who hadn't voted since '83. Northern England has had no voice until now, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish with their Assemblies. Labour had turned their attentions to public sector workers. Well now their forgotten voters have reared their heads in a referendum where every vote counted and significantly London was the only English region to vote remain. Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Sunderland all as one. Everybody knew that the 'Northern Powerhouse' was a load of tripe. Cameron and Corbyn finished. History making times.

You remind me of this shameful ugly turn of phrase- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/eu-referendum-nigel-farage-branded-shameful-for-claiming-victory-without-a-single-bullet-being-fired-a7099211.html

No my life is not over but I feel desperately sad for the British workers I am probably going to have to make redundant.

I am European, always was, always will be. I am considering my options but if I do relocate myself and my clients (because of Brexit uncertainty) chose to co-locate to Malta, the British tax base will reduced by millions.

So it is not cut and dried for the 48.1% who voted remain either?

It still hasn't sunk in with you has it, name calling and bullying does not work.

You obviously will not respect the democratic result.

The task now is to make Britain prosper going forward, not get the rubber dinghy's out

It is the sort of thing which could happen. I'm obviously not a Tory voter but I hold both Labour and Conservative politicians responsible for this decision.

Cameron should never have taken us down this path and Corbyn should have fought much harder. I like listening to Corbyn, a quiet man who gives the air of someone who really does think about his views. He hasn't done enough on this.

If we had a general election tomorrow for the first time in my life I would not vote. There isn't anyone to vote for.

We do though now need a general election.

Paul,

I agree with all you say apart from the final para. I cannot think of anything worse than a snap election which would be full of blame, accusation and probably some of the worst USA style campaigning. We need to think, reflect and then act. I would be afraid that we would have the electorate voting against Labour, Conservative etc and we finish up with a far more fractured political system than ever before. We need party's and leaders who stand up and argue why we should vote for them rather than against the opposition.

However (and this is me being contradictory) the whole political landscape has changed in the UK. We no longer have a two party (or 2.5 party system if you include the Lib Dems) and given the diversity of views and politics it may be the case that politicians are forced by circumstances to work together on a consensus style basis.

We are in for a roller coaster. Like you I could not vote either Conservative nor Corbyn.

Farage live on TV has stated the £350m was a "mistake"

Liar

Time to let it go Paul, there is work to be done,

Just a small point though, the vote in Chorley for leave was higher than the vote in Blackburn.

The people I were talking to via the business were heavily in favbour of leaving.

Can somebody explain why London voted IN while other parts of the country voted out? I would like to have an insider's view, I would be thankful.

I spend 2 to 3 days every week in London. It is multi-cultural and also a bubble. I talk and listen to London based colleagues, many of whom are actively involved in politics and they believe everyone thinks the same as them and London reflects the mood of the U.K. I tell them to get out and speak to people in East Lancashire, the North East and South Yorkshire.

You remind me of this shameful ugly turn of phrase- http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/eu-referendum-nigel-farage-branded-shameful-for-claiming-victory-without-a-single-bullet-being-fired-a7099211.html

No my life is not over but I feel desperately sad for the British workers I am probably going to have to make redundant.

I am European, always was, always will be. I am considering my options but if I do relocate myself and my clients (because of Brexit uncertainty) chose to co-locate to Malta, the British tax base will reduced by millions.

So it is not cut and dried for the 48.1% who voted remain either?

The other problem for Scotland is what will the EU look like going forward, there will be a lot of people wanting out in the Euro zone.

So the working class northern English came out in numbers, some who hadn't voted since '83. Northern England has had no voice until now, unlike the Scots, Welsh and Northern Irish with their Assemblies. Labour had turned their attentions to public sector workers. Well now their forgotten voters have reared their heads in a referendum where every vote counted and significantly London was the only English region to vote remain. Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Sunderland all as one. Everybody knew that the 'Northern Powerhouse' was a load of tripe. Cameron and Corbyn finished. History making times.

It still hasn't sunk in with you has it, name calling and bullying does not work.

You obviously will not respect the democratic result.

The task now is to make Britain prosper going forward, not get the rubber dinghy's out

Let's get realistic, Britain has no prosperous future in the hands of people like Johnson, Gove and Farage.

The NHS faces privatisation and the working people of the north will be soundly crapped on again as they always have been since Thatcher.

The other problem for Scotland is what will the EU look like going forward, there will be a lot of people wanting out in the Euro zone.

We are the first chor. I expect that others in the EU may well now have the confidence to push for exit votes. Recent opinion polls (for what they are worth !!) suggest the French people are not enthused with the EU. There are similar views in Holland although those tend to be promulgated by those on the extreme right.

We are the first chor. I expect that others in the EU may well now have the confidence to push for exit votes. Recent opinion polls (for what they are worth !!) suggest the French people are not enthused with the EU. There are similar views in Holland although those tend to be promulgated by those on the extreme right.

You know if the EU had moved on freedom of movement this would have been an easy win for Remain. I still expect EU 2.0 to pop up in the coming weeks.

Let's get realistic, Britain has no prosperous future in the hands of people like Johnson, Gove and Farage.

The NHS faces privatisation and the working people of the north will be soundly crapped on again as they always have been since Thatcher.

Then we vote out the party in power and put someone in who cares don't we?

The reality is the UK has voted to leave, you can either wallow in self pity or get on with it,

you can't change the result.

What's happened has happened.

Out of this there will be enumerable opportunities.

Seek them out.

Abso effing lutely

I like the cut of your jib

:)

That's purely subjective, just like all the pre-election debate, except for the immigration figures.

Better stay put then Philip, where the grass is greener eh!

You're right, we need to move forward and accept the result Yoda, there is such a thing as being a good winner as well!

Correct, to be fair I have not seen any gloating on here, have you ?

I have seen people saying there is a lot of hardwork to be done, the difference being it will be to the UK's benifit (hopefuly)

This could be the catalyst to re connect Westminster to the rest of the UK

A letter in the Financial Times

Cls2sU3XEAACuaV.jpg

Paul, I can answer all of that except for the last question:

1. Love will find a way

2. The person's parents/ Grandparents/ Uncles remember a time when there wasn't division to this extent in the country

3. Those "working Class" (are there still patronising @#/?s in the UK?) are the ones that got you where you are.

4. Take away things that are dear to people and you have a problem, do it for a prolonged period you have insurrection.

maybe the last question should be answered by "don't under estimate the power of the proles"

Exactly.

And I'm someone that has spent the majority of time living and working in another EU country during the last several years.

I'm unconcerned . . . if there are any changes I'll just deal with them.

The main thing is Pig@#/?er has gone! :tu:

COYB!

Time to let it go Paul, there is work to be done,

Just a small point though, the vote in Chorley for leave was higher than the vote in Blackburn.

The people I were talking to via the business were heavily in favbour of leaving.

Not a question of letting go yoda. People have voted and made a choice which I'm happy to respect.

However Boris Johnson stood in front of a poster which stated:

Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week

This was a central part of the Vote Leave campaign. This morning Farage has stated this was a mistake. Granted the official campaign ostracised Farage.

However either Johnson arranges to put £350m per week in to the NHS or we can rightly call him and his fellow Vote Leave campaigners liars who are unfit to lead the country.

The other point I'll make before I'm accused of it. I don't feel in anyway bitter but desperately disappointed the country has made a decision we could well regret for generations to come.

I feel as depressed today as I was elated on May 1st 1997.

Not a question of letting go yoda. People have voted and made a choice which I'm happy to respect.

However Boris Johnson stood in front of a poster which stated:

Let's give our NHS the £350 million the EU takes every week

This was a central part of the Vote Leave campaign. This morning Farage has stated this was a mistake. Granted the official campaign ostracised Farage.

However either Johnson arranges to put £350m per week in to the NHS or we can rightly call him and his fellow Vote Leave campaigners liars who are unfit to lead the country.

The other point I'll make before I'm accused of it. I don't feel in anyway bitter but desperately disappointed the country has made a decision we could well regret for generations to come.

I feel as depressed today as I was elated on May 1st 1997.

Archived