BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still nearly 40% of the Scottish people also voted to leave the EU. I don't think it is as cut and dried with a failing economy north of the border with the oil price. Things there are only going to get worse now with this result. I think there needs to be calm and things thought about VERY seriously before jumping ship.

It didn't take long did it? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-36621030

I now think there is a realistic chance that Britain will not leave the EU.

Remember the second thing Boris said after declaring for leaving the EU? That we should vote leave so he could renegotiate membership with the EU from a position of strength?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/21/boris-johnson-dubbed-vick_n_9287194.html

Well just a few minutes ago he said this: http://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-uk-wont-be-less-united-or-less-european/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=Boris+Johnson%3A+UK+won%27t+be+less+united+or+less+European

Note him talking about not being in the European "supranational system".

Obviously he would need to become PM to pull this fast one of the non-Brexit Brexit but I bet Theresa May has something similar planned....

It was inevitable as that is what the SNP stand for. They have been itching for this since the Scottish referendum so are no doubt delighted. My comments weren't on the fact there would be another referendum (depending on Westminster allowing it) but whether it would be wise.

I now think there is a realistic chance that Britain will not leave the EU.

Remember the second thing Boris said after declaring for leaving the EU? That we should vote leave so he could renegotiate membership with the EU from a position of strength?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2016/02/21/boris-johnson-dubbed-vick_n_9287194.html

Well just a few minutes ago he said this: http://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-uk-wont-be-less-united-or-less-european/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=alert&utm_campaign=Boris+Johnson%3A+UK+won%27t+be+less+united+or+less+European

Note him talking about not being in the European "supranational system".

Obviously he would need to become PM to pull this fast one of the non-Brexit Brexit but I bet Theresa May has something similar planned....

Kind of what I mused at the other day. Vote Leave and then take the begging cap back to Brussels and show them we were serious.

Of course, the leaders of the remaining states have already come out and pretty much told us to @#/? off and invoke article 50 ASAP.

I believe this could well start a domino effect, I think both Sweden and Denmark are looking to leave for starters and more could follow.

The EU reminds me of UEFA, rotten from top to bottom and unwilling to reform, and whilst I think its going to be a rough ride with right wing tories at the helm, I hope that this decision will make the country stronger in the long run.

We'll save around £10bn a year, lets hope thats used wisely.

I believe this could well start a domino effect, I think both Sweden and Denmark are looking to leave for starters and more could follow.

The EU reminds me of UEFA, rotten from top to bottom and unwilling to reform, and whilst I think its going to be a rough ride with right wing tories at the helm, I hope that this decision will make the country stronger in the long run.

We'll save around £10bn a year, lets hope thats used wisely.

I am confused GAV, did you vote out? (you don't have to answer that btw if you don't want to). Your sentiments always struck me as a remainer.

I think you are right about the rest of the EU, it might well be in crisis. Other PM's have already said they regret the UK leaving and it signals that the EU needs to be less bureaucratic and more understanding of local issues. Well maybe they should have all thought of that before. It should never have come to this.

They wouldn't dare not leave now the countries vote, would they :rock:

I think there possibly has been a lot of protest voting against the Brussels machine and anti-government. I wouldn't be surprised if there are a lot of people crapping themselves today about what they've actually done.

Maybe most would welcome a second chance if Brussels decided to listen for a change?

There's lots of theories about how it will affect uk but how will us leaving affect the EU? Are they now done for without our money. Will we be the first of many.

One thing I thought is when the scots had their shot at independence we sent all our political big guns up and moved heaven and earth to keep them whereas I've not heard/seen one EU leader over here pleading with us to stay. So do they even care.

I suspect the majority of the 52% voted on immigration fears so the irony is if dodgy Dave had pulled his finger out and fought against current level of immigration in the first place we'd probably have stayed in eu there'd be no economic uncertainty.

Politics.

Motion of no confidence in Corby issued by labour MPs

But the financial markets don't as they are all crashing across Europe.

IMO Biddy, there never was a solid financial reason to leave. That's not what the leave campaign focussed on. It was about immigration.

Motion of no confidence in Corby issued by labour MPs

IMO Biddy, there never was a solid financial reason to leave. That's not what the leave campaign focussed on. It was about immigration.

Spot on den. This is what has happened with this national referendum. A decision has been made by the man on the street who, let's be honest, hasn't the capacity or intellect to make the decision in the best interests of the country. I'm talking economics here.

Had the EU got its act together on both immigration and movement between EU member countries, there would have been no reason to have a referendum in the first place.

Spot on den. This is what has happened with this national referendum. A decision has been made by the man on the street who, let's be honest, hasn't the capacity or intellect to make the decision in the best interests of the country. I'm talking economics here.

Had the EU got its act together on both immigration and movement between EU member countries, there would have been no reason to have a referendum in the first place.

We saw the same in Norway when FRP party was elected last election.

It is sad and we see the same tendencies all over Europe. Its sad that we do not learn from history.

Boris Johnson...

Can't see it Philip, I really believe the country would burn if they remained after such a high turnout across the country. That said if we get a much better deal than the pathetic deal Cameron came back with its not beyond the realms of possibility I guess.

The business minister Anna Soubry calling it a dreadful day, arrogant cow, its a great day for democracy if nothing else, she also claims they have no plan:

WELL YOU SHOULD HAVE A BL00DY PLAN :angry2:

Fromage: “We have fought against the multinationals, we have fought against the big merchant banks, we have fought against big politics, we have fought against lies, corruption and deceit

Fromage: Won the referendum “without a single bullet being fired

Fromage: "That was one of the mistakes made by the Leave campaign.” (on the claim that £350m could be poured into the NHS each week)

And we are off!

Conservative former minister John Redwood, a prominent Leave campaigner, says he does not believe Article 50 - the mechanism for leaving the EU - needs to be triggered straight away.

He says controlling immigration and preventing people from taking low paid jobs in the UK are "non-negotiable".

And he says his colleagues want to use UK legislation initially to achieve any changes, adding that they can "sit down at any time" to discuss the future with Britain's former European partners.

But he adds: "We have the full European-style access - unless somebody wants to change it, why can't it continue?"

Archived