BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

The government has the responsibility of running the country, they held the arrogant position that it was a formality that we would stay and threatened all and sundry who did not agree.

Buck stops at the top

I take it the government ministers in the leave campaign are blameless then?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I take it the government ministers in the leave campaign are blameless then?

If they are government ministers they have responsibility, the governments position though was remain, they should have had a contingency in place, arrogance stopped it.

Where is that Boy George fella hiding today ?

I wasnt making a policy point or commenting on what is or isnt right, only that those parts of tbe country most enfaged internationally voted Remain.

It didn't mean to sound blunt :)

To me voting leave signals the opportunity to trade globally

If they are government ministers they have responsibility, the governments position though was remain, they should have had a contingency in place, arrogance stopped it.

Where is that Boy George fella hiding today ?

Osborne is doing what he's done for the past 5 years, hiding when the news is bad, no difference in the pattern. He'll be back when there's a tiny upturn in the economy, or economic projection.

Arrogance seems to be very widespread in British politics at present, including left wingers like Diane Abbott ("labour got THEIR vote out" - who's working for who) and needs knocking out of these people forthwith.

Maybe proportional representation would help remove some of those arrogant prats sat in safe seats with a massive disrespect towards the general public.

• Backroom

So, at close of play today:

A Prime Minister resigned.

The £ plummeted.

The FTSE 100 lost significant ground.

But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months.

President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong.

The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place.

The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU.

A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas.

The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt.

Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately.

'Move along folks, nothing to see here'.

The country rejected an alternative vote in 2011, so that ships sailed, most people blinked and missed it Baz.

That's because the British public are dummies. We stand there unwilling to really think of how to change things and the implications of reform. We're happy to live in an oligarchy as long as we can afford a pint of crap lager on Saturday.

So, at close of play today:

A Prime Minister resigned.

The £ plummeted.

The FTSE 100 lost significant ground.

But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months.

President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong.

The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place.

The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU.

A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas.

The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt.

Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately.

'Move along folks, nothing to see here'.

This is all true but you neglect to say the FTSE250 took a huge hit and the pound finished well down. It will take some time, a couple of month probably, to really know where we are headed.

My personal view is another deep recession awaits, prompted by capital flight from the UK and the uncertainty created by 2-3 years of exit negotiations and circa 10 years of trade deal negotiations.

As others have mentioned it is not beyond possibility that some kind of deal will be hammered out beyond the scope of what is currently in the treaties. A halfway house between the EU and the EEC. But if they are going to do that it needs to be pretty bloody quick.

The country rejected an alternative vote in 2011, so that ships sailed, most people blinked and missed it Baz.

PR not AV, and much water has passed under the bridge since then. It may bring about a government that caters for all, rather than its core vote.

Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that the usual suspects that harp on about democracy are the very same people that mostly spent the whole day abusing people that voted to leave in the Countries only truly democratic vote.

Barely 24 hours on the economic repercussions have started with Ford announcing possible jobs cuts and Ryanair cancelling planned investment in Britain in favour of Germany.

This story will go on for years.

That's because the British public are dummies. We stand there unwilling to really think of how to change things and the implications of reform. We're happy to live in an oligarchy as long as we can afford a pint of crap lager on Saturday.

That's not entirely true, there's always those expensive lagers like Stella or Krony, rather than the cheap stuff like Heineken, Carlsberg and Tuborg.

Oh and let's not forget Estrella, San Miguel, Leffe and, of course, Warstarter - a cheeky German brew.

Does anyone else find it slightly ironic that the usual suspects that harp on about democracy are the very same people that mostly spent the whole day abusing people that voted to leave in the Countries only truly democratic vote.

Im a Remain supporter and centre left but I have to agree that we are never going to win the argument by being superior, smug, insulting or outraged. Sadly this something that a lot of people on the left (including on here) still don't seem to get.

I suppose that this referendum is a vote at its harshest - the decision of the whole of the country could be decided by 1 vote either way, with no middle ground whatsoever. If 3 people in every 100 hundred who voted, went the other way, then the outcome would be 100% different.

Farage started last night conceding defeat, and blaming the government for allowing a extension of the voting registration process, and ended it saying its a victory for the common man.

This is all true but you neglect to say the FTSE250 took a huge hit and the pound finished well down. It will take some time, a couple of month probably, to really know where we are headed.

My personal view is another deep recession awaits, prompted by capital flight from the UK and the uncertainty created by 2-3 years of exit negotiations and circa 10 years of trade deal negotiations.

As others have mentioned it is not beyond possibility that some kind of deal will be hammered out beyond the scope of what is currently in the treaties. A halfway house between the EU and the EEC. But if they are going to do that it needs to be pretty bloody quick.

What a time to negotiate. 'Bonjour and Hallo. Its us again. Look our economy is tanking. We need a deal, quick.'

Anyone watch newsnight last night?

Meanwhile, Conservative MEP and Leave campaigner Daniel Hannan told BBC Newsnight he could envisage situation where the UK had "free movement of labour" with the EU.

Asked if he thought Leave voters had been deceived into thinking their vote would bring an end to the freedom of movement, he said: "...do not imagine that if we leave the EU it means zero immigration from the EU, it means we will have some control."

So, no £350m for the health service and lied to about immigration.

Meanwhile ........

The UK has had its credit rating outlook downgraded to "negative" by the ratings agency Moody's after the country voted to leave the EU. Moody's said the result would herald "a prolonged period of uncertainty".

All this for what exactly?

Barely 24 hours on the economic repercussions have started with Ford announcing possible jobs cuts and Ryanair cancelling planned investment in Britain in favour of Germany.

This story will go on for years.

Remember Jim. The "Great" was put in Britain long before the EU existed. We flourished before and will do so again.

Im a Remain supporter and centre left but I have to agree that we are never going to win the argument by being superior, smug, insulting or outraged. Sadly this something that a lot of people on the left (including on here) still don't seem to get.

Respect your view. I am centre left and voted out. The last 24 hours I have faced abuse from work colleagues. Sadly people are looking for scapegoats and blame which just about sums up politics these days.

An analogy I heard of the EU/U.K. was that of the U.K. playing the role of a woman in an abusive relationship. Forever making excuses about how they will change and that things will get better. Ultimately things never change or get better but still don't have the guts to leave.

The EU could have thrown us a bone or 2 but they didn't. Whatever happens, and as of today my rent still the same, my beer is still hideously expensive and rovers are still @#/?. At least we've had the balls to leave a failing corrupt undemocratic bureaucratic system designed to greatly benefit Europe rather than the uk.

In 5-10 years time we may be worse off, hell has anyone considered we may actually be better off once this has settled down, but either way whether we have a Tory or a Labour govt we at least control our own destiny. There's plenty of smaller worse countries than us that do fine in this world we aren't capable of operating alone in.

Respect your view. I am centre left and voted out. The last 24 hours I have faced abuse from work colleagues. Sadly people are looking for scapegoats and blame which just about sums up politics these days.

The remain abuse on Facebook has me embarrassed for the people giving it out . They want democracy but call the ones who voted idiots , turds , keaners etc .

Hang your heads and accept the result or do you want a dictatorship ?

The remain abuse on Facebook has me embarrassed for the people giving it out . They want democracy but call the ones who voted idiots , turds , keaners etc .

Hang your heads and accept the result or do you want a dictatorship ?

Tolerant liberals. Tolerant so long as you agree with their opinion 100% otherwise you'll be hounded to the end of the earth.

The remainers started with the goalposts at the blackburn end, they've now been down past JW stand, settles at the DE and are now moving up the RS.

I really hope they wake up embarrassed and issue apologies but we know they won't . Snotty nosed 17 year olds crying they were not allowed to vote , well boo chuffing hoo you were not old enough !

Smallest turnout of those eligible to vote is the 18-24 age range, around 40% I think. Pathetic.

The remainers started with the goalposts at the blackburn end, they've now been down past JW stand, settles at the DE and are now moving up the RS.

Smallest turnout of those eligible to vote is the 18-24 age range, around 40% I think. Pathetic.

and they started the #notinmyname.

On many of the photos I've seen shows many a "young" person celebrating the "win"

A bit of work for you guys now.

If I were younger and living in the UK, I'd be thinking, 'how can I turn this to my advantage".

There's going to be some interesting opportunities arising out of this.

Archived