BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Nigel Farage polarizes opinion, I like his straight talking to the point approach to politics, but not his warped view of immigration.

Farage has taken on the might of the Tory party, the establishment, big business, the elite and won!

If he wasn't such a prat I'd admire what he's managed to achieve, against all the odds, I bet he feels 10ft tall today and rightly so.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It now sounds like Labour are going to ditch their leader before the next General Election. Will this pave the way for their only hope, David Miliband, to return to British politics?

It now sounds like Labour are going to ditch their leader before the next General Election. Will this pave the way for their only hope, David Miliband, to return to British politics?

Doesn't sit well with me, Corbyn won a massive mandate to lead the party only 12 months ago and now some members that have had their noses put out of joint are trying to undo the democratic process and oust the guy.

Man on Radio 5 Live today : "I'm over the moon. Now can get rid of all the Poles".

This sort of twerp has caused our to country to commit economic suicide

That's how many people in the country actually feel Jim, disenfranchised in favour of immigrants and immigration.

It's been ignored for years, it's not being ignored anymore.

The pound has fallen to a 30 year low. So far in fact that Britain is no longer the 5th biggest economy. Prices will inevitably rise. There's no doubt that the country is poorer this morning. We were warned what would happen, but either people didn't believe it, or didn't care.

Won't we be saving £350m per day though in the long run plus should'nt wealth be measured by living standards and not money ?

Doesn't sit well with me, Corbyn won a massive mandate to lead the party only 12 months ago and now some members that have had their noses put out of joint are trying to undo the democratic process and oust the guy.

I'm not sure it sits well with me either but it seems unarguable that his performance during the EU debate has been risible.

Won't we be saving £350m per day though in the long run plus should'nt wealth be measured by living standards and not money ?

They claimed it was £360m a week but it turns out the figure was more like £150-160m a week. The statistics authority pulled them up on it but they never changed their figure and people bought into it.

Man on Radio 5 Live today : "I'm over the moon. Now can get rid of all the Poles".

This sort of twerp has caused our to country to commit economic suicide

This is my concern. Democracy may have spoken but if it has done this with a sprinkle of racism and a dollop of zenophobia then you can keep your so-called Democracy.

I always thought we were better than that.

That's how many people in the country actually feel Jim, disenfranchised in favour of immigrants and immigration.

It's been ignored for years, it's not being ignored anymore.

Having spoken to some of those 'disenfranchised' people myself I have to say that some of them can't even hold a job down. But never mind, they're not ignored anymore eh Gav.

I work with a few Poles. Hard-working, generous people. Give me those over some of our so-called disenfranchised indigenous population any day...

The professional political classes will often use the flimsiest pretext to remove the outsider.

Nigel Farage polarizes opinion, I like his straight talking to the point approach to politics, but not his warped view of immigration.

Farage has taken on the might of the Tory party, the establishment, big business, the elite and won!

If he wasn't such a prat I'd admire what he's managed to achieve.

I'd say he's part of that group Gav a very big part.

Labour needed people to vote remain if that was their party's decision. Corbyn did not in any way rally labour voters. If he couldn't do it on an important issue like this how can he be trusted to do it in a general election? I don't blame them for seeking to get rid of him. He may be a decent bloke but this referendum has proved you don't need to be a decent bloke to win votes. You have to be a comfortable and plausible liar. Labour need someone to make them electable. We need some one to make them electable, even if we don't vote labour, because the lack of creditable opposition is fatal to democracy. All ruling parties have to be possible to challenge. Currently, even torn apart as it is, I wouldn't put it past the Tories to win the next election if their leader is chosen sensibly

I believe this could well start a domino effect, I think both Sweden and Denmark are looking to leave for starters and more could follow.

The EU reminds me of UEFA, rotten from top to bottom and unwilling to reform, and whilst I think its going to be a rough ride with right wing tories at the helm, I hope that this decision will make the country stronger in the long run.

We'll save around £10bn a year, lets hope thats used wisely.

Your politics differ to me Gav but I think your right. I hope we spend on high end engineering skill training in the North. Probably won't though as its not sexy.

They claimed it was £360m a week but it turns out the figure was more like £150-160m a week. The statistics authority pulled them up on it but they never changed their figure and people bought into it.

Farage has admitted this morning that the figure was false.

Labour needed people to vote remain if that was their party's decision. Corbyn did not in any way rally labour voters. If he couldn't do it on an important issue like this how can he be trusted to do it in a general election? I don't blame them for seeking to get rid of him. He may be a decent bloke but this referendum has proved you don't need to be a decent bloke to win votes. You have to be a comfortable and plausible liar. Labour need someone to make them electable. We need some one to make them electable, even if we don't vote labour, because the lack of creditable opposition is fatal to democracy. All ruling parties have to be possible to challenge. Currently, even torn apart as it is, I wouldn't put it past the Tories to win the next election if their leader is chosen sensibly

You are spot on, it is also the reason why Sturgeon is strutting around Scotland like a Queen.

If Labour hadn't lost it in Scotland they would still be an effective opposition.

Having spoken to some of those 'disenfranchised' people myself I have to say that some of them can't even hold a job down. But never mind, they're not ignored anymore eh Gav.

I work with a few Poles. Hard-working, generous people. Give me those over some of our so-called disenfranchised indigenous population any day...

You see this is the problem, a country divided by an assumption that all 'disenfranchised' people are wastes of space, benefit claiming lazy scroungers, compared to all immigrants who are paying into the system and hard working.

I worked with both groups on a daily basis for 12yrs, good and bad in both as you would expect, but the Tory propaganda is far reaching.

Why bother voting then gumboots, why bother having a labour leadership contest at all? just let the party decide and sod the electorate...

I know what you're saying, he's probably not electable, but you can't just ignore the fact Corbyn won with 60% of the Labour vote, a massive mandate to lead, to just ignore that is undemocratic in my book.

Why bother voting then gumboots, why bother having a labour leadership contest at all? just let the party decide and sod the electorate...

I know what you're saying, he's probably not electable, but you can't just ignore the fact Corbyn won with 60% of the Labour vote, a massive mandate to lead, to just ignore that is undemocratic in my book.

It wasn't ignored though. He led .... badly!

Archived