BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

A petition calling for a second referendum on EU membership has amassed nearly 1 million signatures.

Set up by William Oliver Healey in November, the petition says: ""We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum."

The site is operational now but was hit by a series of crash as people rushed to sign up in the aftermath of the Brexit result

Bit late now.

I wonder if the inners would be signing the petition if they won?

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A petition calling for a second referendum on EU membership has amassed nearly 1 million signatures.

Set up by William Oliver Healey in November, the petition says: ""We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based on a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum."

The site is operational now but was hit by a series of crash as people rushed to sign up in the aftermath of the Brexit result

Disgusting, desperate and not going to change a thing.

Can't

Serious question Jim, are you in favour of compulsory voting, with fines for not voting? then there can be no questions of results.

Can't see the word "retrospective" in that quote, and I'm certain Wlliam Oliver Healey would have set up the same petition had the result been reversed.

Talk about changing the rules after the game has finished.

You may be a little idealistic there Den. If that person existed I would certainly vote for him/her, whichever party they represented.

The stock market has already started to bounce back and will continue to do so. Yesterday morning was a perfect time to invest and it's still pretty good even now.

I sold my stocks on Thursday am and bought again on Friday morning and made a stock increase gain of 12%. You could not lose which ever way the vote went. There was a lot of money to be made: the best markets are those with blood on the walls.

I love Europe. I like many of our European neighbours, I like their food and their drink.

I just detest the EU and the corrupt non elected snobbish elite who try and rule us whilst wasting our money on their gravy train. I have seen it at both the Euroean Parliament in Brussels and when I spoke at the Parliament meeting in Strasbourg.

If Cameron had got a deal I may have voted differently; instead he came back with lies and a smoke screen.....he should get a job in PR at the Rovers.

Can't

Can't see the word "retrospective" in that quote, and I'm certain Wlliam Oliver Healey would have set up the same petition had the result been reversed.

Talk about changing the rules after the game has finished.

No retrospective needed. If this "new democracy " that seems to be wanted by some , any vote in the future must be compulsory to be binding.

I do find it interesting that those that seem to be shouting the loudest 18-25 age group the votes cast in elections by that age group has dropped to below 40% for the last three general elections, so compulsory voting with fines for not voting is the way to go as surely any vote in any election / referendum is a vote for their future which seems to be the main outcry.

Nothing like ones fighting democracy and the other a dictatorship.

Not like you to completely miss the point ABBEY.........

...my post wasn't comparing Venkys to the EU.....but more about similarities in respect of the childish reaction of many to those with a different viewpoint to themselves.

But I'm sure you knew that really, didn't you?

It's about time the lard arse lefties who only accept democracy on their terms and who have been riding the EU gravy train for years shut the f up and got on with it, what a bunch of embarrassing spoilt brats they are portraying themselves as.

It's about time the lard arse lefties who only accept democracy on their terms a d who have been riding the EU gravy train for years shut the f up and get on with it, what a bunch of embarrassing spoilt brats they are portraying themselves as.

If you think the 48% who voted remain will now align totally with your vision of an independent UK that isnt going to happen. Politics doesnt work that way. We will respect the result but there is a lot to play for outside it's boundaries. Obviously the referendum rerun thing is ludicrous. That is just a bit of disappointment playing out. I am sure a similar petition would have been created by some Leave voters if the result was reversed.

As far as "lard arse lefties" goes - a dismal small minded insult - people in work in majority voted for Remain, while those out of work in majority voted Leave.

It's about time the lard arse lefties who only accept democracy on their terms a d who have been riding the EU gravy train for years shut the f up and get on with it, what a bunch of embarrassing spoilt brats they are portraying themselves as.

Bit severe, there Yoda.

I'd describe myself as left of centre, but I'm a person who likes compulsory voting, but wants less government (in an Australian sense in that we have state governments).

I want a fair society where we all help those that can't help themselves, where everyone, companies and individuals, pay their fair share, and those that want to shirk or avoid working get encouraged to get off their backsides.

I want to see those that want to come here do it through the right channels and those that want to rip us off get their come uppance.

- people in work in majority voted for Remain, while those out of work in majority voted Leave.

You know that for a fact?

If you think the 48% who voted remain will now align totally with your vision of an independent UK that isnt going to happen. Politics doesnt work that way. We will respect the result but there is a lot to play for outside it's boundaries. Obviously the referendum rerun thing is ludicrous. That is just a bit of disappointment playing out. I am sure a similar petition would have been created by some Leave voters if the result was reversed.

As far as "lard arse lefties" goes - a dismal small minded insult - people in work in majority voted for Remain, while those out of work in majority voted Leave.

I don't expect them to align, they didn't get what they wanted, I expect them to respect the result though and get on with it. If they want a change go through the appropriate channels and vote.

I think you proved my point with the bit in bold

Bit severe, there Yoda.

I'd describe myself as left of centre, but I'm a person who likes compulsory voting, but wants less government (in an Australian sense in that we have state governments).

I want a fair society where we all help those that can't help themselves, where everyone, companies and individuals, pay their fair share, and those that want to shirk or avoid working get encouraged to get off their backsides.

I want to see those that want to come here do it through the right channels and those that want to rip us off get their come uppance.

You know that for a fact?

I only meant the ones that want democracy on their terms, not all lefties :D

The EU mob really don't like democracy. No class. Dummies well and truly out. This petition could get 16,141,241 signatures but the majority 17,410,742 have already spoken. Welcome back to democracy. Like an ordinary general election if things don't go the way you want you suck it up and deal with it.

They have been (and continue to be) an utter disgrace it has to be said. I have said before that the 'violent hardcore left' are a big threat to freedom of speech in this Country (more so than any right-wing groups). Now we see that most of them are following - demanding a re-vote, abusing everyone that voted the opposite to what they did, singling out and marginalising certain demographics of the population (Nazi tactics) - such as the older generation.

An utter shambles!!! They are on the verge of ending any kind of democracy in this country (if a re-vote happens it's pretty much the end). The modern day SS.

The UK is on track to become the new Japan within the next 10-15 years. Interest rates will go below 0.5%, growth will teeter on negative, and the lack of unskilled immigration will lead to an aging population. Sure isolation gives you more control over your actions, but it also leaves you with little protection when things go wrong.

The UK is on track to become the new Japan within the next 10-15 years. Interest rates will go below 0.5%, growth will teeter on negative, and the lack of unskilled immigration will lead to an aging population. Sure isolation gives you more control over your actions, but it also leaves you with little protection when things go wrong.

I believe South Korea is booming outside the EU?

Korea has boomed for decades, until the last 5 years or so. Now its in trouble. Layoffs and labor strikes as jobs hesd to South America and southeast Asia.

Maybe time for them to join the EU then,as some seem to feel it's a cure for all ills?

People really think the day after the referendum is the only economic day to be concerned about? The stock market rallied because Carney is ready to pump £250 billion into it, let's see how the weeks and months play out before we say either way what the economic repercussions will be. We were never going to go into a recession straight away if it indeed does happen, it doesn't work like that.

I think it's perfectly fair that the rest of Europe want to see this resolved more quickly and get the process started asap. The UK has voted out and therefore should abide by the result and start the process, instead by the sounds of it Leavers don't have a plan whatsoever and are now talking about next year possibly maybe even longer before we sign article 50. This will create further instability all across Europe especially economically so no wonder they want to get the process started.

I can't see there being another referendum but this whole campaign and result has brought up a lot of bad blood between different parts of society. The youth of the country in particular feel betrayed (even though they should have gone out there and voted for remain) we could see some major repercussions and divides for decades to come.

At the end of the day what's done is done, the country made its choice now it has to find a way to live with it.

I really hope you aren't in politics.

With this kind of attitude we are doomed to failure.

• Moderation Lead

What's done is done, we need to move forward together. Less of the insults and more of the progress as we really need to hope this result goes well once the dust has settled.

Same to you.

Time will tell who was correct.

Correct? This isn't about right and wrong. It's about a democratic choice.

My point is this. If Remain voters are going to do all they can to undermine taking this country forward - including pouting and sulking - then they will be fuelling the very issues they are afraid of.

Personally, I agree with you that we would be more economically stable in the short-to-mid-term, financial institutions don't like uncertainty, but better overall in the long term? Who knows.

At the risk of sounding like a stuck record, Great Britain will never be the same again, and in all likelihood will cease to exist.

The perfect storm required for Scottish independence is upon us.

Assuming Scotland does go 'independent'.

If another EU vote does get forced with a different result. I wonder if somewhere down the line England and Wales will be given another separate vote to counter the fact that a country (Scotland) that is no longer part of the 'UK' potentially kept them in the EU against their wishes.

Probably not, but it shouldn't be that way.

Archived