BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May she burn in hell!

😂😂

So, at close of play today:

A Prime Minister resigned.

The £ plummeted.

The FTSE 100 lost significant ground.

But then the £ rallied past February levels, and the FTSE closed on a weekly high: 2.4% up on last Friday, its best performance in 4 months.

President Obama decided we wouldn't be at the 'back of the queue' after all and that our 'special relationship' was still strong.

The French President confirmed the Le Touquet agreement would stay in place.

The President of the European Commission stated Brexit negations would be 'orderly' and stressed the UK would continue to be a 'close partner' of the EU.

A big bank denied reports it would shift 2,000 staff overseas.

The CBI, vehemently anti-Brexit during the referendum campaign, stated British business was resilient and would adapt.

Several countries outside the EU stated they wished to begin bi-lateral trade talks with the UK immediately.

'Move along folks, nothing to see here'.

This has appeared on my facebook page a few times, you little cut and paster you 😂

• Backroom

😂😂

This has appeared on my facebook page a few times, you little cut and paster you 😂

😂😂😂

I initially shared it from a mate (who voted Remain and believes we'll still be fin anyway).

An analogy I heard of the EU/U.K. was that of the U.K. playing the role of a woman in an abusive relationship. Forever making excuses about how they will change and that things will get better. Ultimately things never change or get better but still don't have the guts to leave.

The EU could have thrown us a bone or 2 but they didn't. Whatever happens, and as of today my rent still the same, my beer is still hideously expensive and rovers are still @#/?. At least we've had the balls to leave a failing corrupt undemocratic bureaucratic system designed to greatly benefit Europe rather than the uk.

In 5-10 years time we may be worse off, hell has anyone considered we may actually be better off once this has settled down, but either way whether we have a Tory or a Labour govt we at least control our own destiny. There's plenty of smaller worse countries than us that do fine in this world we aren't capable of operating alone in.

Great post and spot on. Another thing that gets my goat is the arrogance of the remain camp,claiming to a man that if you voted to leave you are ignorant, stupid, working class, and don't understand the argument. Who do they think they are ?

You lost, grow up and get over it.

Enjoy the little buzz of anticipation about what's to happen 😊 (and Jim, stop trying to influence a vote of any kind. After the general election and now the referendum you're a jinx !)

• Moderation Lead

Great post and spot on. Another thing that gets my goat is the arrogance of the remain camp,claiming to a man that if you voted to leave you are ignorant, stupid, working class, and don't understand the argument. Who do they think they are ?

You lost, grow up and get over it.

Enjoy the little buzz of anticipation about what's to happen 😊 (and Jim, stop trying to influence a vote of any kind. After the general election and now the referendum you're a jinx !)

I think there has been a lot of mud flung, but to be honest, a lot of people have voted based on lies. (I.E immigration/£350 Million a week that could go on the NHS, which was quickly denied the day after the result) etc.

Anyhow, it's happened so we all need to move on together and crack on. There won't be a do over.

The Remain camp bitterness is causing a lot of grief for people at the moment. Friendships are being tested and in some cases broken.

And it's largely because of the belittling that is being done against those who voted to leave.

"Stupid, uneducated, bigoted plebs"

Very sad to see.

If Parliament decides against a Brexit, what happens? Civil War?

We stop being a democracy and become a dictatorship.

The Remain camp bitterness is causing a lot of grief for people at the moment. Friendships are being tested and in some cases broken.

And it's largely because of the belittling that is being done against those who voted to leave.

"Stupid, uneducated, bigoted plebs"

Very sad to see.

We stop being a democracy and become a dictatorship.

It's because London didn't get it own way.

If you think the 48% who voted remain will now align totally with your vision of an independent UK that isnt going to happen. Politics doesnt work that way. We will respect the result but there is a lot to play for outside it's boundaries. Obviously the referendum rerun thing is ludicrous. That is just a bit of disappointment playing out. I am sure a similar petition would have been created by some Leave voters if the result was reversed.

As far as "lard arse lefties" goes - a dismal small minded insult - people in work in majority voted for Remain, while those out of work in majority voted Leave.

And in one sentence goes any credibility you had.

There was never ever going to be a clear winner here I am afraid.. if we stayed in then we would of been stuck behind the bureaucratic fools who run Europe none of whom are elected individuals by the public... we left so the bureaucratic muppets will be the petty fools they always have been and fight back.. trade deals will be evil to solve in Europe anyway.

It is true it will probably not be as bad as the fear campaign of remain.. but it is still bloomin awful, and Mr Es comments utterly hilarious.. yes we where up x% but we that was up after the biggest drop since the 80s to name but one skewed comment taken from social media.

We have to remember to get into top end politics you have to have been part of that crowd forever, they are fools with little or no real life experience, they rarely have lived in poverty, dealt with racism either way, been in wars, run small businesses, suffered like us fools.. they are just there and to break into it you have to be rich or become one of them.

To quote a friends business "Stop making stupid people famous".. goes for politicians as well... and yes for my sins I am a conservative, by far the best of a really really bad bunch.

Country needs a new start now. Both Labour and Tories need a leadership election and a general election should be called shortly after that. We need to choose people capable of delivering change with the necessary bureaucratic skills. The current incumbents are clueless and have tackled the referendum with a complete lack of foresight. I include both sides in that.

From the article:

"More than 110,000 people have signed a separate petition on the Change.orgwebsite, calling on new London mayor Sadiq Khan to declare the capital independent from the UK and apply to join the European Union"

Unbelievable!

Assuming Scotland does go 'independent'.

If another EU vote does get forced with a different result. I wonder if somewhere down the line England and Wales will be given another separate vote to counter the fact that a country (Scotland) that is no longer part of the 'UK' potentially kept them in the EU against their wishes.

Probably not, but it shouldn't be that way.

The opposite of what you say might apply according to this https://www.opendemocracy.net/uk/adam-ramsay/reverse-greenland-letting-scotland-stay

Great Britain will always be Great Britain as that is the Island that most of us live on. The United Kingdom on the other hand, well that's another story.

Yes you're absolutely right, I should have said 'UK' rather than 'GB'.

A schoolboy error on my part I'm afraid.

Very sad to see.

Its been the same here in Scotland since the independence referendum Stuart, and some people still aren't speaking to each other almost 2 years later. Worst situation like this I've personally witnessed since the miners' strike.

From the article:

"More than 110,000 people have signed a separate petition on the Change.orgwebsite, calling on new London mayor Sadiq Khan to declare the capital independent from the UK and apply to join the European Union"

Unbelievable!

Another left wing dolloper who only wants democracy on his terms, should be hung for treason

From the article:

"More than 110,000 people have signed a separate petition on the [/size]Change.org[/size]website, calling on new London mayor Sadiq Khan to declare the capital independent from the UK and apply to join the European Union"[/size]

Unbelievable!

Let them go, I for one am fed up with the country being run for Londons benefit.

Another left wing dolloper who only wants democracy on his terms, should be hung for treason

Yoda, just for those of us who aren't in the rancid right wingers club can you clarify what the difference is between a left-wing lard-arse and a left-wing dolloper?? :wacko:

Yoda, just for those of us who aren't in the rancid right wingers club can you clarify what the difference is between a left-wing lard-arse and a left-wing dolloper?? :wacko:

A dolloper is one who sponges a living, you know, like a an MP who won't except democracy because it will upset his cushy number

Fed up of hearing all this claptrap about Brexiters gambling with the future of young people.

Maybe more than 36% of them should've turned up to vote then, eh?

I've been told by some of that lot that haven't even left their mummy's apron strings let alone ever left the country that now I'll have to have a visa for country 'x' and I won't be able to ever enter country 'y' etc.. . .and some of the mentioned countries aren't even in the EU (and ones I've visited recently under the 90 day stay agreement). Talk about ill informed and uneducated . . . .

Regarding the big petition (the UK Government and Parliament one), one interesting thing of it is that it allows you to view the petition data i.e where whoever signed it as come from etc.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

Currently signed 2,372, 592 of which 365,483 are from within the UK, imagine if those other 2 , 007, 109 from outside the UK had bothered to register and voted presuming they are all UK citizens

Lots of MP's signing it as well, including Hollern democratically elected MP for Blackburn, might start a petition to get her result overturned because I didn't vote for her and due to highly suspicious number of postal votes in a constituency that has a less than clean record on that issue.

EDIT- MY fault, the MP names on it are so it collates the number of people who have signed in their constituency and not if they have signed

Archived