BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Regarding the big petition, one interesting thing of it is that it allows you to view the petition data i.e where whoever signed it as come from etc.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

Currently signed 2,372, 592 of which 365,483 are from within the UK, imagine if those other 2 , 007, 109 from outside the UK had bothered to register and voted presuming they are all UK citizens

Lots of MP's signing it as well, including Hollern Democratically elected MP for Blackburn, might start a petition to get her result overturned because I didn't vote for her.

2 , 007, 109 German car workers

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2 , 007, 109 German car workers

Germany 5672 , France is the big one 15,176 , followed by the US 8785 and Australia 7223, only 1716 from Belgium you would think they would be more concerned about cuts in Euro gravy train land

Vatican City 3211 out of a 2015 estimated population of 1000 !

Regarding the big petition, one interesting thing of it is that it allows you to view the petition data i.e where whoever signed it as come from etc.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/131215.json

Currently signed 2,372, 592 of which 365,483 are from within the UK, imagine if those other 2 , 007, 109 from outside the UK had bothered to register and voted presuming they are all UK citizens

Lots of MP's signing it as well, including Hollern democratically elected MP for Blackburn, might start a petition to get her result overturned because I didn't vote for her and due to highly suspicious number of postal votes in a constituency that has a less than clean record on that issue.

Hollern has signed it? Well that's any credibility she had shot to @#/?.

The Leave folk are supposed to be the 'thicko's'. People really believe that you can change the threshold of a vote AFTER the vote?

What happens if next time 61% vote leave and only 40% of a disillusioned electorate turn out? Keep rolling the dice until you get a 6?

I'm so glad that we didn't have to take on the nazis in WW2 with the kind of yellow-bellied folk in charge.

Bloody hell Kate your own constituents voted out at a greater split than the national average.

May as well close parliament down now. The system and people in it are a joke.

I really wish I'd not looked at that list :angry2:

I'd sack every democratically elected official thats signed that petition, the MP's alone are earning over £100k a year with expenses and yet they won't accept democracy unless its on their terms.

Fuming, an absolute ucking disgrace.

Back to the boxing....

Hollern has signed it? Well that's any credibility she had shot to @#/?.

The Leave folk are supposed to be the 'thicko's'. People really believe that you can change the threshold of a vote AFTER the vote?

What happens if next time 61% vote leave and only 40% of a disillusioned electorate turn out? Keep rolling the dice until you get a 6?

I'm so glad that we didn't have to take on the nazis in WW2 with the kind of yellow-bellied folk in charge.

Bloody hell Kate your own constituents voted out at a greater split than the national average.

May as well close parliament down now. The system and people in it are a joke.

Yes unfortunately I do not see a way to find out when somebody added their name to it, so she may have signed before the referendum result as the petition is

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

EDIT: according to my calculations based on the petition end date it was set up on Wednesday 25th of May

EDIT- MY fault, the MP names on it are so it collates the number of people who have signed in their constituency and not if they have signed

Germany 5672 , France is the big one 15,176 , followed by the US 8785 and Australia 7223, only 1716 from Belgium you would think they would be more concerned about cuts in Euro gravy train land

Vatican City 3211 out of a 2015 estimated population of 1000 !

How many from Malta ?

I really wish I'd not looked at that list :angry2:

I'd sack every democratically elected official thats signed that petition, the MP's alone are earning over £100k a year with expenses and yet they won't accept democracy unless its on their terms.

Fuming, an absolute ucking disgrace.

Back to the boxing....

Arrogant bar stewards,

Obviously been watching Alan B'stard and think it is real

Yes unfortunately I do not see a way to find out when somebody added their name to it, so she may have signed before the referendum result as the petition is

EU Referendum Rules triggering a 2nd EU Referendum

We the undersigned call upon HM Government to implement a rule that if the remain or leave vote is less than 60% based a turnout less than 75% there should be another referendum.

EDIT: according to my calculations based on the petition end date it was set up on Wednesday 25th of May

EDIT- MY fault, the MP names on it are so it collates the number of people who have signed in their constituency

Fair enough mate. Thought it was a bit odd.

Personally I remain bitterly disappointed by the result but I don't see any benefit in endless debate over the result.

There are though two things I've observed.

The Leave campaign will have no power or PM for approximately three months to begin negotiations. It's also clear they have no plan. So the country is going to be lead out of the EU by people with no experience or plan for the future.

It's becoming clear the Leave campaign are rapidly back tracking on many of their statements and promises. I'm confident my original opinion nothing will change in terms of legislation, immigration and Brussels influence other than we will be out of the EU and lose our influence over that organisation.

Personally I remain bitterly disappointed by the result but I don't see any benefit in endless debate over the result.

The Leave campaign will have no power or PM for approximately three months to begin negotiations. It's also clear they have no plan. So the country is going to be lead out of the EU by people with no experience or plan for the future.

It's becoming clear the Leave campaign are rapidly back tracking on many of their statements and promises. I'm confident my original opinion nothing will change in terms of legislation, immigration and Brussels influence other than we will be out of the EU and lose our influence over that organisation.

Article 50 will have to be triggered, otherwise we may end up with no democracy, that in the country that gave it to the world.

Those questioning the result should hang their heads in shame at what they are trying to do.

And with influence goes our ability to change any of it to suit.

The financial uncertainty is almost definitely going to cause more cuts, especially if the possibility of an emergency budget is taken.

I keep hearing that the leave campaign have no plan, surely its the Tory government that should have a plan, the leave campaign are not elected and many of them from across all parties and persuasions are not running the show.

Article 50 will have to be triggered, otherwise we may end up with no democracy, that in the country that gave it to the world.

Those questioning the result should hang their heads in shame at what they are trying to do.

The people who persuaded half the country to vote for things they immediately denied possible are partly responsible for this, it should be Farage hanging his head in shame.

And with influence goes our ability to change any of it to suit.

The financial uncertainty is almost definitely going to cause more cuts, especially if the possibility of an emergency budget is taken.

The Boy George has disappeared of the planet so I would not worry about a budget to much

On the contrary Paul. We will have total influence on what Brussels say for our country.

We will be able to decide to agree to what is right for Britain without being dictated to by the EU.

But what influence do you believe we have now exactly? Cameron couldn't even dictate the terms of a set of compromises, and the arrogant public reactions of Juncker and his cronies have shown why. We didn't have any say before but we now have absolute say on Britain's interests.

Of course there isn't an immediate plan. The Tory party were busy planning for Remain and the supposed leaders have now ducked their responsibilities when they didn't get their own way. Must be nice to be able to walk away, having caused the mess in the first place. Cameron even had the insolence to thanks 'those who voted for his views', now he's @#/? off despite saying he wouldn't. Coward.

The people who persuaded half the country to vote for things they immediately denied possible are partly responsible for this, it should be Farage hanging his head in shame.

FFS, how far back do you want to go, you could say Cameron should never have had the referendum, you could say the 1975 referendum should be quashed because they kept closer union from the electorate.

Lets not forget that the electoral commission had discussion across the board to to finalise the process and got agreement.

Its like changing the rules of a football match part way through because the result is not favourable.

Shameful behaviour

Other than express my disappointment I've avoided discussing the outcome completely and I'm not going to engage on it.

Re the first paragraph the referendum was advisory, nothing in our democracy says parliament has to act on it. How the electorate would view that move I can't imagine. Presumably 48% would approve?

On the second we live in a democracy and people have the right to question anything they wish.

What part of lieing to get your own way for personal political gain is worth ignoring to bash those who may not accept such behaviour?

:lol:

Seriously?

Other than express my disappointment I've avoided discussing the outcome completely and I'm not going to engage on it.

Re the first paragraph the referendum was advisory, nothing in our democracy says parliament has to act on it. How the electorate would view that move I can't imagine. Presumably 48% would approve?

On the second we live in a democracy and people have the right to question anything they wish.

Democracy has been served, questioning the result isn't democratic at all, its embarrassing Paul.

On the contrary Paul. We will have total influence on what Brussels say for our country.

We will be able to decide to agree to what is right for Britain without being dictated to by the EU.

But what influence do you believe we have now exactly? Cameron couldn't even dictate the terms of a set of compromises, and the arrogant public reactions of Juncker and his cronies have shown why. We didn't have any say before but we now have absolute say on Britain's interests.

Of course there isn't an immediate plan. The Tory party were busy planning for Remain and the supposed leaders have now ducked their responsibilities when they didn't get their own way. Must be nice to be able to walk away, having caused the mess in the first place. Cameron even had the insolence to thanks 'those who voted for his views', now he's @#/? off despite saying he wouldn't. Coward.

The one thing I can agree with is Cameron caused the mess as he called the referendum for the wrong reason.

The EU is already making clear the UK cannot be a special case. Access to the single market will be under EU rules. Nothing will change in relation to this.

350m "mistake" of the leave campaign within 2 hours of result.

Do you know how many millions of people voted out based on this money being invested?

In the words of Rudyard Kipling:

I could not dig; I dared not rob:

Therefore I lied to please the mob.

Now all my lies are proved untrue

And I must face the men I slew.

What tale shall serve me here among

Mine angry and defrauded young?

This article sums up the Leave trio for me https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jun/25/boris-johnson-michael-gove-eu-liars?CMP=share_btn_fb

The world will keep spinning. I doubt the average guy on the street will even know the difference.

Personally, I'm excited to see the status quo shook up and the establishment clutching at straws.

Archived