BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your post does not change my opinion of Sturgeon. She is a dangerous and ambitious woman who wants to rule Scotland by any means even if it means disturbing the equilibrium in Great Britain. She needs putting in her place quickly.

I am not out of order it is my honest opinion of this woman.

Please note I have nothing against Scots or Scotland. They are British just like the rest of us.

They are fellow Europeans with the rest of us.

It is in the Express so you know it is not true.

Come on, even you are not that naive...

The BBC is reporting something totally different from the Express report.

Well Brexit wanted us to become like Iceland....

Same end product though,

when did you dream up "Brexit wanted us to become like Iceland" ?

Sturgeon is just another bitter remainer. Have to say the reaction has been astonishing. By modern standards of politics it's been the biggest temper tantrum for generations. I never cease to be amazed by the animosity of "liberals" towards anyone who dares disagree with them. Why doesn't Sturgeon just dispense with democracy completely and announce herself as some kind of tyrant queen.

The hard fact is we are still in the EU and nobody knows how we can leave.

Not that there is anyone left to make any decisions anyway.

Oh I think they know how, it's the will to do it, rubber dinghy men, on both sides.

Self interest before the country, just like you Philip

Indeed not. In terms of things that will forever be beyond human reach, I'd put leaving the sodding EU (an entirely artificial non-country created a few decades ago) alongside faster than light travel and human teleportation.

We will never leave! Which entirely coincidentally will also make the MINORITY who voted not to happy. Not that that in any way influences your absurd prediction I'm sure.

Dennis Skinner was on a platform in Westminster tonight supporting Jeremy Corbyn, thats good enough for me.

The Tories are in utter turmoil, so what do career hungry Labour MP's do? try to turn the labour party into turmoil, its a disgrace, sack the @#/?s.

Dennis Skinner was on a platform in Westminster tonight supporting Jeremy Corbyn, thats good enough for me.

The Tories are in utter turmoil, so what do career hungry Labour MP's do? try to turn the labour party into turmoil, its a disgrace, sack the @#/?s.

Gav, viewing from the sidelines, its the most interesting time in British politics in my lifetime.

Not that there is anyone left to make any decisions anyway.

Sorry Philip, the British electorate has had its say. No going back.

Surely these Labour MPs are actually just considering the party's chances at the next election? The Corbyn fans aren't enough to win a general election, not even close, and never have been.

Sure they've mobilised to an impressive extent, steamrollering the Labour leadership vote and coming out in force to keep him propped up on a number of occasions during his leadership so far. But Corbyn will simply not win an election.

There's a feedback loop going on among people into politics these days, fuelled by social media. Which leads people down the path of (for example), "I like Corbyn, my friends like Corbyn, my acquaintances like Corbyn, my FB/Twitter groups like Corbyn and my newspaper likes Corbyn. So most people must like Corbyn!". Couldn't be further from the truth, most people don't like him but his supporters (to a lesser or greater extent depending on how open they are to contrary opinions) surround themselves with other people who do.

This applies to other aspects of politics too if course, and leads to an inflated view of the popularity of one's own opinion and as a result a significantly decreased concern about any need to compromise to add other viewpoints to the ranks. Labour under Corbyn are destined to have a passionate but forever too small voter base. The Labour MPs know this.

Dennis Skinner and Corbyn share a common theme in that they have genuine beliefs, and stand up for that view, but neither is party leadership material.

Of those 'career' politicians, I think you'll find most have said they don't want to lead. They do however want to have a chance of being in government in their lifetime. I think you'll find you appear to share your viewpoint with Diane Abbott - that should scare you enough to run a marathon tomorrow. :-)

Dennis Skinner and Corbyn share a common theme in that they have genuine beliefs, and stand up for that view, but neither is party leadership material.

Of those 'career' politicians, I think you'll find most have said they don't want to lead. They do however want to have a chance of being in government in their lifetime. I think you'll find you appear to share your viewpoint with Diane Abbott - that should scare you enough to run a marathon tomorrow. :-)

Is having a viewpoint like Diane Abbott an insult?

As for career politicians, do you understand the term? It's not about being a leader?

As just a tiny example of the financial impact of Leave on British business. We are a very, very small business.

Since Friday our business costs have increased by £10,200 due to exchange rate fluctuations. Had we not taken the precaution of buying 75% of the Euros we needed in advance this would have risen to £35,4000.

Two of our EU suppliers have warned previously agreed prices are null and new quotes will be sent in Euros. Previously £sterling has been the norm.

That's just for this year. 2017 negotiations begin in the autumn.

Now I realise this is a very tenuous extrapolation but there are 5.2m SMEs in the UK

5,200,000 x £10,200 = £53,040,000,000

As just a tiny example of the financial impact of Leave on British business. We are a very, very small business.

Since Friday our business costs have increased by £10,200 due to exchange rate fluctuations. Had we not taken the precaution of buying 75% of the Euros we needed in advance this would have risen to £35,4000.

Two of our EU suppliers have warned previously agreed prices are null and new quotes will be sent in Euros. Previously £sterling has been the norm.

That's just for this year. 2017 negotiations begin in the autumn.

Now I realise this is a very tenuous extrapolation but there are 5.2m SMEs in the UK

5,200,000 x £10,200 = £53,040,000,000

Yet sterling is still higher most of 2012, all of 2013 and 14 and the first half of 2015 and earlier this year. Your very tenuous example doesn't take into account all the exporters in the UK who will benefit from exporting. Swings and roundabouts.

Archived