BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

Yet sterling is still higher most of 2012, all of 2013 and 14 and the first half of 2015 and earlier this year. Your very tenuous example doesn't take into account all the exporters in the UK who will benefit from exporting. Swings and roundabouts.

Oh yes I quite agree and couldn't even begin to make the calculation. Just illustrating that already an SME is taking a hit. We got 1.36 in January and are estimating now on 1.21.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did you vote for if you voted Brexit?

This a serious question.

I have just watched Junker address the EU parliament and he has banned 10,000 EU commisionaires from talking to any UK diplomats, sort of highlights the EU un democratic problem

I have just watched Junker address the EU parliament and he has banned 10,000 EU commisionaires from talking to any UK diplomats, sort of highlights the EU un democratic problem

Ha ha. You based your exit vote on things like that Yoda? What do you want - a secret ballot for every decision ever made? Democracy could never work like that. Seems sensible that everyone waits until the UK submits article 50.

Dennis Skinner was on a platform in Westminster tonight supporting Jeremy Corbyn, thats good enough for me.

Just to be clear, that was a momentum rally. Momentum is a far left political group set up to back corbyn - as far as I can see.

Ha ha. You based your exit vote on things like that Yoda? What do you want - a secret ballot for every decision ever made? Democracy could never work like that. Seems sensible that everyone waits until the UK submits article 50.

Where did i say that ?

Can you actually read ?

How can an un elected official of a body that dictates to an elected body have any credibility ?

Junker reminds me of Sepp Blatter

Haha. It's funny watching Nigel F live in Brussels on BBC2 giving it to the 'dictators'.

Followed by the Scottish MEP, telling the EU that Scotland still wants to be part of a future Europe, that Scotland will stay with them - and asking them to stay with Scotland. He got a standing ovation.

Followed by the Scottish MEP, telling the EU that Scotland still wants to be part of a future Europe, that Scotland will stay with them - and asking them to stay with Scotland. He got a standing ovation.

The EU have already to the Queen Sturgeon that they have to be independent 1st, that is why she is talking to Gibraltar

:D

Just to be clear, that was a momentum rally. Momentum is a far left political group set up to back corbyn - as far as I can see.

You know what den, the reason people voted to leave the EU is probably because these voters have been ignored by politicians, not listened to for years and this is the result.

We now have a Labour Party once again doing exactly the same thing, not listening to the electorate, trying to make them insignificant by over throwing the man they voted in.

They'll never learn, you'll never learn either by the sounds of things.

Where did i say that ?

Can you actually read ?

How can an un elected official of a body that dictates to an elected body have any credibility ?

Junker reminds me of Sepp Blatter

Seems that he made the right decision to me Yoda.

But it is true that most anti EU folk are against the entire EU set up, simply because of how it's set up, rather than what it actually achieves.

You know what den, the reason people voted to leave the EU is probably because these voters have been ignored by politicians, not listened to for years and this is the result.

We now have a Labour Party once again doing exactly the same thing, not listening to the electorate, trying to make them insignificant by over throwing the man they voted in.

Think you nailed it there GAV

I have learned one thing Gav - never stick by a loser. The Tories throw out anyone not up to the job.

The Belgian MEP calling out Farage for lieing to the British people about returning £350m a week to the health service.

I have learned one thing Gav - never stick by a loser. The Tories throw out anyone not up to the job.

The Belgian MEP calling out Farage for lieing to the British people about returning £350m a week to the health service.

The Tories don't give the plebs a say in the matter!

You stick to your Tory values, I believe in democracy, seems I'm in a minority sadly.

So you think Labour should stick with Corbyn and get absolutely crushed at the next GE Gav? Please the Labour Party membership and become a protest party but become unelectable with the electorate?

As a Conservative voter part of me hopes they stick with Corbyn but another part of me believes in the idea of strong opposition to keep government on their toes, something Corbyn's Labour cannot do.

Can any of the loud remainers (WITHOUT GOOGLE OR SEARCH ENGINE ) actually name their Euro MP and anything about them .I know I cant .

First off Abbey the European parliament is elected by PR so there's not one MEP. I think there are 8 for the north west. Off the top of my head I can name two - Sajjad Karim (Conservative) and Paul Nuttall (UKIP).

• Backroom

Seriously did anybody vote Brexit for Britain to become sovereign again?

I voted on the assumption it'd be so tight, we'd leave the EU but remain in the EEA. Same costs as EU, but 'have cake and eat it' in terms of trade deals.

The Tories don't give the plebs a say in the matter!

Yes they do assuming you mean on leader selection - providing you feel Conservative party members are plebs. Albeit they only get a choice of two.

I read the Conservative party are stopping new membership signs to prevent anti-Boris people signing up.

What would be undemocratic about Corbyn standing for re election as leader in a ballot called asap. If hes convinced hes the man for the job hed take on all comers

He did take on all comers less than 12 moths ago, the party members voted, he won by a massive majority, that seems to count for nothing.

I'm happy for another leadership vote gumboots, he'll probably romp it again, but how long before elected officials accept its the will of the party and stop rallying against him and get behind him?

Whilst everyone want Corbyn out, the next leader will probably be a ring wing blairite, so it takes the party even further away from the electorate, its short sighted and still makes the Labour party un-electable.

He did take on all comers less than 12 moths ago, the party members voted, he won by a massive majority, that seems to count for nothing.

I'm happy for another leadership vote gumboots, he'll probably romp it again, but how long before elected officials accept its the will of the party and stop rallying against him and get behind him?

Whilst everyone want Corbyn out, the next leader will probably be a ring wing blairite, so it takes the party even further away from the electorate, its short sighted and still makes the Labour party un-electable.

Away from the electorate? This country voted Conservative in the last general election which shows you where the majority of the electorate sits. As much as people deride the Blairite position now, it was still the right move to shift the Labour party towards the center to tap into the overwhelming amount of people who are center left/center and even slightly right of center.

Archived