BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Eu Referendum, In Or Out - Looks Like Blackburn Wants Out !

How will you vote on June 23rd  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Should the United Kingdom remain a member of the European Union or Leave the European Union?

• Remain a member of the European Union
    • Leave the European Union

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you believe that enough people joined the Labour party to influence the vote I've got a bridge for sale in London, going cheap.

The government need to get their at together and start to govern, not sod off like that idiot Cameron who is to blame for BREXIT more than most.

Gav do you honestly think Cameron could have stayed on and not resigned? The 1922 committee reportedly had enough signatures to force him out if he had decided to say he was going nowhere. Cameron was always going to go in a leave win and maybe even if remain had won.

I would agree that Cameron perhaps could do more and maybe he can salvage some of his reputation if he tries to sort it out, but his heart isn't in it and can you blame him. He's been knifed in the back by people he considered friends why would you put up with it? If I was Cameron I would have walked away straight away he has a young family, politics is a stressful business and he's done his job why stay at all?

If you believe that enough people joined the Labour party to influence the vote I've got a bridge for sale in London, going cheap.

Didn't you read my post Gav? You only have to be a member of a union to get a free vote. You don't even need to join the Labour Party.

• Moderation Lead

Gav do you honestly think Cameron could have stayed on and not resigned? The 1922 committee reportedly had enough signatures to force him out if he had decided to say he was going nowhere. Cameron was always going to go in a leave win and maybe even if remain had won.

I would agree that Cameron perhaps could do more and maybe he can salvage some of his reputation if he tries to sort it out, but his heart isn't in it and can you blame him. He's been knifed in the back by people he considered friends why would you put up with it? If I was Cameron I would have walked away straight away he has a young family, politics is a stressful business and he's done his job why stay at all?

The Tories never forgave Cameron for being too moderate and not getting those cuts over the line imo.

Though they were happy for him to be moderate enough to win a couple of elections....

She's the leader of the Scottish Nationalist Party. She is doing exactly what she and her party were given an overwhelming mandate to do in the General Election. Then she got a clear message from the Scottish people in the EU referendum.

You are entitled to dislike her for whatever reason, but she has a darn sight more credibility than any politician England can muster at the moment.

To trot out the phrase du jour on this thread - the (Scottish) people spoke, or do you not believe in democracy?

Would Scotland get anywhere near passing the financial requirements to join the EU without the safety net that is the Barnet formula?

People need to calm down for a while, it looks to me like the UK has got the EU just where it needs it to be for a while.

Didn't you read my post Gav? You only have to be a member of a union to get a free vote. You don't even need to join the Labour Party.

I read it den and ignored it because its not true.

You don't automatically get a vote if you're not a member of affiliated with the Labour party.

Abbey is correct when he says Tories will have voted for Corbyn, but a tiny minority, not enough to influence change.

He's just another example of a career politician who bails when the going gets tough, I've always known he was a spineless arrogant individual, but to not have a plan for BEXIT when he's caused the situation we find ourselves in is criminal.

They thought we'd never leave, its arrogance beyond belief.

Would Scotland get anywhere near passing the financial requirements to join the EU without the safety net that is the Barnet formula?

People need to calm down for a while, it looks to me like the UK has got the EU just where it needs it to be for a while.

Its not really about the EU for Nicola Sturgeon though, the EU issue is simply the final piece in the jigsaw entitled "Perfect Storm for Scottish Independence".

That's the stark reality I'm afraid.

Its not really about the EU for Nicola Sturgeon though, the EU issue is simply the final piece in the jigsaw entitled "Perfect Storm for Scottish Independence".

That's the stark reality I'm afraid.

What ?

She is running around saying Scotland will stay in the EU, doh, Scotland is not in the EU when the UK leaves. Who is going to subsidise Scotland when the Barnet formula is scrapped ?

That is my feeling on this too. The SNP has only one thing in mind and that is independence, they were I'm sure delighted with the EU ref result. Borders, oil prices the Euro are the first thing that springs to mind.

There was a good article this morning about the bitter side of the remain camp talking us into recession with all the negative headlines and continued scare mongering, the EU really only had to do one thing to ensure a remain vote and that was give the UK at least some amount of control on Freedom of movement but they would not, for this I expect either a deal will be done in the coming months or the whole EU could implode. I think we are in a much better position that many believe.

I wouldn't be so sure that Scotland will vote to leave the UK. Their finances are not in good shape at all and they would have to join the Euro and Schengen. I think Sturgeon knows this hence her plan to try and keep Scotland in somehow either by finding some loophole to veto the referendum result or doing a deal with Europe to keep Scotland in Europe without Scotland having to apply.

I wouldn't be so sure that Scotland will vote to leave the UK. Their finances are not in good shape at all and they would have to join the Euro and Schengen. I think Sturgeon knows this hence her plan to try and keep Scotland in somehow either by finding some loophole to veto the referendum result or doing a deal with Europe to keep Scotland in Europe without Scotland having to apply.

I would love to see the look on her face if Westminster said, OK leave the UK NOW

I wouldn't be so sure that Scotland will vote to leave the UK. Their finances are not in good shape at all and they would have to join the Euro and Schengen.

Don't be so sure. If the people in my personal circles are anything to go by, they certainly didn't break our union with the EU based on the economy.

What ?

She is running around saying Scotland will stay in the EU, doh, Scotland is not in the EU when the UK leaves. Who is going to subsidise Scotland when the Barnet formula is scrapped ?

You've totally missed the point I was making though - I'm hardly supporting Scottish independence or saying that it would be a good thing, I'm simply suggesting that the opportunity is there for the SNP to capitalise on the situation (and not just in relation to the EU) to finally nail the one thing they were invented to achieve.

I read it den and ignored it because its not true.

You don't automatically get a vote if you're not a member of affiliated with the Labour party.

Well I've certainly never been a member and if I'm affiliated then it's news to me. Strange that I heard nothing from them for 17 years. I could support any political party, they don't know. I could have been a Labour Party member at one point (I wasn't), then switched allegiance to the lib deems or Tories for all they know. I suspect there are many, many more like me and voting for the labour leader even though they don't have a scoobys who I presently support.

When I first became a union member many years ago you opted in or out of making a political contribution when you joined (I assume that meant 'Labour Party contribution', though I don't know for certain as I opted out and was never contacted by them afterwards), perhaps you opted in without realising it den?

When I first became a union member many years ago you opted in or out of making a political contribution when you joined (I assume that meant 'Labour Party contribution', though I don't know for certain as I opted out and was never contacted by them afterwards), perhaps you opted in without realising it den?

Well maybe, but I was never contacted either.

Well maybe, but I was never contacted either.

They didn't exactly encourage opting out in those days to be honest and its highly likely that when you joined you were just automatically 'opted in'.....

...and when Milliband changed the voting rules all those years later everyone who was still on the list got a vote.

(Just my theory, based on my own experiences)

Well I've certainly never been a member and if I'm affiliated then it's news to me. Strange that I heard nothing from them for 17 years. I could support any political party, they don't know. I could have been a Labour Party member at one point (I wasn't), then switched allegiance to the lib deems or Tories for all they know. I suspect there are many, many more like me and voting for the labour leader even though they don't have a scoobys who I presently support.

It is only a number of the bigger unions who are affiliated and pay monies to the Labour Party; unions like Unite, Unison, CWU, GMB and RMT. You have to opt out of paying the political levy (IE. Money to help fund Labour). If you pay the political level then you are a "Labour Affiliate" but may not realise it and you have a vote in Leadership contests.

My union s non party political and when we survey members the feedback back is that they vote in many different ways.

Unite had a survey of members after the last but one General Election but kept the results secret when they found out 50% of their members told them they voted Conservative. So much for the pressure McClusky is trying to put on Labour MP's to support JC.

Archived